Swedish Junior Leagues 2016/17

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Victor Söderström is the highest scoring U16 D-man of all time in J18 Allsvenskan after only 10 games. 15 points, +17. Tied for the league lead in scoring as well (Div. Norra).

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Also, Holtz and Raymond are now the top 2 producers of all time in J18 Allsvenskan among U15 players.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Also, Holtz and Raymond are now the top 2 producers of all time in J18 Allsvenskan among U15 players.

Hoping for some more Foppa, Sundin,level forwards from Sweden. Though, Zetterberg, Backstrom, Sedin level would be nice also.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Hoping for some more Foppa, Sundin,level forwards from Sweden. Though, Zetterberg, Backstrom, Sedin level would be nice also.

Long way to go for these kids to even become SHL players. They are both off to a good start though, to say the least.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Pretty depressing to go back and read old threads about how Victor Crus Rydberg would have a spot on the 2018 Olympic team, and potential superstar Kim Lilja... A lot of things can and will happen, we can only enjoy the ride and hope for the best :) But yes, those numbers are pretty terrific, and it leads to my question: why wasn't Holtz invited to 4 Nations with Team 16? He was injured/sick recently but is that the answer really?

Raymond has played in TV-pucken, but other than that I don't see much difference this season.

But the Victor Crus Rydberg hype was mostly based on tv pucken, and that has never been a good indication on of how good they will become, J18 allsvenskan and superelit has been a much more reliable indication of that.

What sould be mention when it comes to holtz and Söderström is that they are early born in the year, but still looking good.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Pretty depressing to go back and read old threads about how Victor Crus Rydberg would have a spot on the 2018 Olympic team, and potential superstar Kim Lilja... A lot of things can and will happen, we can only enjoy the ride and hope for the best :) But yes, those numbers are pretty terrific, and it leads to my question: why wasn't Holtz invited to 4 Nations with Team 16? He was injured/sick recently but is that the answer really?

Raymond has played in TV-pucken, but other than that I don't see much difference this season.

Not sure if if this was before or after roster was announced, but Holtz got injured when playing against Raymond and Frölunda some weeks ago. He only played the first period of that game and was out for some games after that.
Both Raymond and Holtz looked good in that game by the way.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Judging by their stats, there is no reason to leave those two off the U16 national team. I wonder if they will skip TV-pucken next season to play at the WU17's?

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Do you know what kind of injury it was? I think he was injured some months ago too.

Not sure, as the Nacka arena doesn't give you the best view. But he took a hard hit and got off the ice by himself, but in some pain. I think a charlie horse, minor knee injury or some minor muscle injury in the upper body is my best guess. I think he was back playing this weekend, so he was probably just injured for some 2 weeks.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Not sure, as the Nacka arena doesn't give you the best view. But he took a hard hit and got off the ice by himself, but in some pain. I think a charlie horse, minor knee injury or some minor muscle injury in the upper body is my best guess. I think he was back playing this weekend, so he was probably just injured for some 2 weeks.

Yes, he played last weekend.

James Creighton

Oct 26, 2016
Yes Alexander has a ability to score goals from almost anything. He is a monster around the net and has a good pace in his skating when he gets his speed up. I think I have never seen a so natural goal scorer in Swedish Junior hockey before.

He has to work on his two way game and his explosiveness in the start and stop department to take the next step and Im sure he will, he is just a little rascal still and have plenty of time on his side.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Unbelievable. He's up there with the best U16 scorers of all time, and he's a year younger than them :huh:

Everything about his game just screams goal scorer. Looks so determined to score when he gets the puck and the way he positions himself on the ice, that will translate to every level. We have a good one here.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Modo gotta be seen as the team to beat now with 8 guys from the A team to a strong lineup already.

If Djurgården lose tomorrow they will have a nice team too.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
3750 people watching Timrå-Modo. With a first line like that I can see why. What's the SuperElit record?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
There was a U15 tourney this weekend called Cup 1891 with some notable names including Holtz, Niederbach, Styf and Kumlin. Holtz played for DIF for the first time and scored some goals.

https://www.cuponline.se/statistics.aspx?cupId=23978

Looks like that tournament finishes tomorrow. Last year Oscar Bjerselius lead the tournament with 11 points in 10 games, followed by Albin Grewe who had 10. Pretty decent tournament by Holtz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->