GDT: Sweden vs Norway

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Much better movement side-to-side this PP, directly results in goal.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Did Garpenlöv really send the Aman-Lang-Friberg line on the ice once in twelve minutes ?!

The captain now donates a power play to Norway.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Please just give him a major not a 2 min he tried to target his head in frustration or atleast make the argument. They just really need help to get him off the team.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Also, what is missing to move Norway from being a scrappy WC team to a nation that is pushing talent up into the NHL beyond just the occasional player? Is it rinks? Coaching? Both?

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Tbh I think the bottom 9 has looked good.

Nylander too, but Wallmark has been a nothingburger, and Nordström is Nordström so forwards-wise he's effectively playing 1v4.
Sweden controlled the puck but I felt like there wasn't much going on offensively.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Also, what is missing to move Norway from being a scrappy WC team to a nation that is pushing talent up into the NHL beyond just the occasional player? Is it rinks? Coaching? Both?
Rinks and promotion of ice-hockey, if just every tenth of the kids going around on roller skies in Norway where playing ice hockey they would be a much better hockey nation.

...really nice and enthusiastic crowds in some Norwegian towns though from the little I've seen.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
It is a typical example of hockey under Garpenlöv. Impotent hockey, corner fights and shots from defenders. It will look the same against Latvia. Nylander comes to play in the tournament and gets an anchor in his line. And if Nylander plays badly, he will be criticized, but why is that, no one will want to see it. It's really hard, every time you get good news like Nylander comes, Garpenlöv makes a bad decision. Still the same and just as annoying.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Gustafsson as point on PP looks so much better compared to Dahlin, distributes pucks much faster. Two really nice PP goals so far. Nylander helps quite a bit too ofc...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad