GDT: Sweden vs Norway

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
We dont have star forwards anymore like Mats Sundin and Peter Forsberg
The Czechs do not have Jagr or Hasek, they are trained by clowns and their best defender is the average Hronek. And what? You still see them as favorites against Sweden. Why?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
The Czechs do not have Jagr or Hasek, they are trained by clowns and their best defender is the average Hronek. And what? You still see them as favorites against Sweden. Why?
Czechs have many good forwards.

When will people understand that playing d is first and firemost about defending not being skilled with puck. Czechs defenders are much stronger in their own zone than swedish defenders are.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice

Why Kari Jalonen (a very successful coach on both club and international level) should be called "a clown"?

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
So sorry, I should have written that the Czechs were trained by clowns before Jalonen.

I don't think coaches were the main factor. Pešán obviously wasn't the right guy but before him there were Miloš Říha (R.I.P.), Vladimír Vůjtek - both successful and highly experienced coaches. Even Josef Jandač wasn't that bad, a "normal hockey coach", not great, not terrible. Development of junior players is the real problem, and that has been the Czech hockey association's fault. That bunch of incompetent (and often corrupted) morons was ruining Czech hockey for years. The head of the association, mr. Král, has been just the most visible example. Corruption and incompetence reaches deep down through the entire system.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Czechs have many good forwards.

When will people understand that playing d is first and firemost about defending not being skilled with puck. Czechs defenders are much stronger in their own zone than swedish defenders are.
Why do I see you in most threads I read? And most often with some reality-derailed whining?? Make me wonder if you are secretly ironic.. Swedish defenders are the best. We are the role model of how to school and develop modern d- players. Look at all of them elite ones playing in the NHL right now and enjoy, its not gonna last. Other countries are going to catch up. Meanwhile you whine about the situation *facepalm*

Reactions: AB13 and FinPanda

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Too bad even that even Swedish gold medal won't stop Eye of Ra with their negative takes about Swedish hockey.

Sweden won U18's and nothing has changed so I doubt mens gold will do anything either.

Can't wait how Sweden is the underdog against super hockeypower Latvia.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Too bad even that even Swedish gold medal won't stop Eye of Ra with their negative takes about Swedish hockey.

Sweden won U18's and nothing has changed so I doubt mens gold will do anything either.

Can't wait how Sweden is the underdog against super hockeypower Latvia.
If Norway are favourites against Sweden then playing Latvia is basically like playing best on best team Canada with a straight SHL team on small ice.

Reactions: FinPanda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad