GDT: Sweden - USA; Pool A, May 23rd, 2023

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
What a cheap ass win for the US. It's hard to win games when you're also playing the refs and one team is diving and getting away with playing however dirty they want whilst the other team gets called for goaltender intereference when they barely touch the goalie. Lane Hutson was impressive but the rest of the team is a bunch of lowlife divers.

And that ref should never ref an IIHF game again. What a joke.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Hampus Lindholm was a pretty cool addition to the SVT studio atleast that’s something to bad he had a broken bone in his foot. He had a borderline Norris level season this year.

Reactions: YippieKaey

YippieKaey

Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Hampus Lindholm was a pretty cool addition to the SVT studio atleast that’s something to bad he had a broken bone in his foot. He had a borderline Norris level season this year.

With Sandin out it would be great if his foot could magically heal overnight.

I believe that Växjö hockey will be effective again today and Lasse will strengthen his position as the best goalkeeper so far. The only flaw is Zetterlund's illness, the third line can only surprise. I just hope the fourth line gets lucky enough and doesn't give the USA too many scoring chances. No silly penalties please..

The refs disagreed.

YippieKaey

Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Other than being emotional about it...explain how the US is intentionally trying to hurt people. I get being mad that guys are hurt, but this is not intentional.

Knee on knee on Sandin

Crosscheck to elbow od Raymond where everyone knows there is no padding

"Accidentally" knocking Raymonds teeth out.

Dirty, shameful team. The reason America will never become a real hockey nation no matter how much they win.

Why are you playing DLR, & Sörensen at 3v3, the hell Hallam.

Everyone else was injured "unintentionally*.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Knee on knee on Sandin

Dirty, shameful team. The reason America will never become a real hockey nation no matter how much they win.

What a cheap ass win for the US. It's hard to win games when you're also playing the refs and one team is diving and getting away with playing however dirty they want whilst the other team gets called for goaltender intereference when they barely touch the goalie. Lane Hutson was impressive but the rest of the team is a bunch of lowlife divers.

lol, imagine caring this much about the IIHF World Championships and still losing, pretty embarrassing

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wierzbowski426

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Jesus Christ apparently the IIHF prelims is the stanley cup for some of these nations :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Most of them (us) are mostly pissed at the Sandin knee hit which IMHO looked intentional as hell. But Yeah ofcourse swedes care more about the worlds than the stanley cup. It is a million miles away in the middle of the night. Having your #1 defenseman injured to not be able to play when it actually matters is what makes people mad not the outcome of the game.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Wow. I haven’t seen the game yet but I’ll definitely watch it after reading this thread. Controversy. Thrilled w US win….unreal what this group of guys has done.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Knee on knee on Sandin

Prove they were intentional...that's my point. Injuries and penalties happen. Doesn't mean they were intentional.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Imagine the schizofrenic stress, not caring about hockey while posting messages about it with other hockey-nerds on a hockey board.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Anyone who played hockey sees that the knee on knee was intentional. And same for Perbix crosscheck. Which is why they got penalized.
The knee hit is pretty self explanatory, no?
A knee hit doesn't automatically mean he was trying to injure the guy. It's a fast game and mistakes happen. Not all penalties are intentional. If you watch it again, Sandin steps away from Eyssimont just before the hit which changes the angle. Do I think Eyssimont was trying to hit him? Yes. Do I think he was trying to hurt him? No.

And I'm sorry...if Raymond was that badly hurt by that cross check...he should quit hockey...maybe take up acting.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
A knee hit doesn't automatically mean he was trying to injure the guy. It's a fast game and mistakes happen. Not all penalties are intentional. If you watch it again, Sandin steps away from Eyssimont just before the hit which changes the angle. Do I think Eyssimont was trying to hit him? Yes. Do I think he was trying to hurt him? No.

And I'm sorry...if Raymond was that badly hurt by that cross check...he should quit hockey...maybe take up acting.
Oh come on he saw him the entire way leading, everything but his left leg missing his body by a margin. There is no way his aim is that bad. He had plenty of time to avoid that. He didn’t.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017

Wow cool, gracefull winner.

Only stevie Wonder missed that the knee hit was intentional.

Sweden could not handle the refs cutting up the game in pieces. A good learning process for a lot of new players in "Tre kronor". Great comeback, but US deserved to win this one.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021

What's the Swedish equivalent of "sour grapes"?

It's all good, my friend. Can you beat Latvia?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
No it’s subjective. A player cant always control the speed once they‘ve committed to a hit.
If we break it down to semantics most things are subjective. However watching this hit, the way he approaches it he can clearly see Sandin the entire way leading in to the hit everything but his leg misses Sandin completely. I can see no reason why you would approach a hit like that if you do not have intent to cause injury.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
If we break it down to semantics most things are subjective. However watching this hit, the way he approaches it he can clearly see Sandin the entire way leading in to the hit everything but his leg misses Sandin completely. I can see no reason why you would approach a hit like that if you do not have intent to cause injury.
I can view that there wasn't "intent" because there was none. If there was "intent" the collision would have been worse. Examples, many of them, especially with Matt Cooke, were he couldn't hide his intent. I know the difference.

Reactions: Ban Hammered

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Wow cool, gracefull winner.

Only stevie Wonder missed that the knee hit was intentional.

Sweden could not handle the refs cutting up the game in pieces. A good learning process for a lot of new players in "Tre kronor". Great comeback, but US deserved to win this one.
Oh come on he saw him the entire way leading, everything but his left leg missing his body by a margin. There is no way his aim is that bad. He had plenty of time to avoid that. He didn’t.

Then we're just not going to agree on it. Oh well.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
More like not getting worked up and crying about how teams are "shameful" because you lost a Group Stage hockey game.
Yeah the hypocrisy, like there is no "crying" in here over a bad hit in a regular ("group stage") NHL-game?..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad