GDT: Sweden - USA; Pool A, May 23rd, 2023

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
I'm OK wth the result, but not with the illegal hit on Sandin - hope Eyssimont gets what he deserves at some point

Luolis

May 11, 2016
Finland
Deserved win for USA in the end.

The quarterfinals seem to be forming quite exciting pairs.

Swe-Cze/Lat
Fin-Can
Sui-Ger
USA-Cze/Svk/Lat

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
I have watched American wrestling more exciting.

Not giving a pen for a clear high stick is a bit much when they sent out Swedish players for farting in the first period.

The Swedish commentators are desperate to save this tournaments face saying US played better.

Yeah having 30+ penalty minutes while being allowed to knock the teeth out of your opponent do wonders for your game.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
De La Rose and Sörensen 3v3 why don’t you just go over and tell then you wanna loose.

Oh that’s your way of saying it I see.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
The interpretation of that rule is just bonkers in IIHF, it was (originally) meant for follow through on clear goal scoring attempts / shots on goal to not have to disallow goals for stupid reasons. Not frigging clearing the puck out of zone. Ffs. Madness.

Reactions: EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013

Not giving a pen for a clear high stick is a bit much when they sent out Swedish players for farting in the first period.

The Swedish commentators are desperate to save this tournaments face saying US played better.

Yeah having 30+ penalty minutes while being allowed to knock the teeth out of your opponent do wonders for your game.
That is actually the rule. If you get hit by a high stick on a follow through move when you’re.. say trying to send the puck away there is no penalty. It’s a correct call. The rule might be whack but the call is correct.

The interpretation of that rule is just bonkers in IIHF, it was (originally) meant for follow through on clear goal scoring attempts / shots on goal to not have to disallow goals for stupid reasons. Not frigging clearing the puck out of zone. Ffs. Madness.
Interesting.. maybe they need to clarify the rule then?

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Easiest fix is to only have it applicable in the ozone. (Apparently leaving it to the discretion of the refs to use common sense have failed. As it almost always does. )

Last edited:
Reactions: EK47

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Your lack of context here is truly breathtaking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad