Olympics: Sweden Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Lidstrom-Kronwall
Murray-Enstrom
Ohlund-Stralman

In a perfect world K.Jonsson would still play, in which case Ohlund would be out.

Too bad Edler sucks defensively...even worse than Stralman.

Why's everyone leaving Oduya off? One of the most underrated players in the league by far

Tumsh

Jun 26, 2007
My guess at defensive pairings:

Lidstrom-Kronwall
Murray-Oduya
Hjalmarsson-Grossman
Enstrom

Any team without Enstrom in the top 6 seems like a really bad guess to me. If BAG doesn't use him I think he should be fired on the spot.

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
I literally had a nightmare about Ericsson (c'mon, he's been pretty horrible so far this season), Magnus Johansson and Johan Davidsson making the team. I woke up fuming with anger. :laugh:

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
Any chance Sundin wants to play?

No. He was even out before officially retiring from hockey.

My guess at defensive pairings:

Lidstrom-Kronwall
Murray-Oduya
Hjalmarsson-Grossman
Enstrom

These pairings are actually awful. Oduya? Last year, sure. This year, so far? No way. Both Öhlund and Tallinder has been way better than Oduya and Grossman. Then you have Anton Strålman, who not only is better than alot of people seem to think, but also feels like he's one of BÅG's favorites.

Besides, as someone else said, Enström that's not in the top 4 would be soooooooooooooo off I wouln't believe it. He might even be the best Swedish D in the league right now.

Btw, I don't think Näslund was on the first 69-man roster so he's not available for the olympics at all. Even if he was I doubt he'd get picked and even if he were to get picked I don't think he'd come anyway.

Last edited:

ZZM

Nov 16, 2009
Stockholm
experience! :teach:

;)

He´s experience was only 2goal against Germany in Olympics 2002..:laugh:

And i really dont think sweden should take Forsberg...He always got injuries, even in modo and now he´s gonna compete in very hard games in short time?? No way.
Its very important for Sweden to build a team without him.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Lidstrom-Kronwall
Murray-Enstrom
Ohlund-Stralman

In a perfect world K.Jonsson would still play, in which case Ohlund would be out.

Too bad Edler sucks defensively...even worse than Stralman.

Öhlund > Strålman

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Zetterberg-Backstrom-Alfredsson
Husselius-H.Sedin-D.Sedin
Naslund-Pahlsson-Sjostrom
L.Eriksson-Berglund-Bergfors

Lidstrom-Ohlund
Enstrom-Stralman
Oduya-Kronwall

Lundqvist
Hedberg

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Zetterberg-Backstrom-Alfredsson
Husselius-H.Sedin-D.Sedin
Naslund-Pahlsson-Sjostrom
L.Eriksson-Berglund-Bergfors

Lidstrom-Ohlund
Enstrom-Stralman
Oduya-Kronwall

Lundqvist
Hedberg

You know there are leagues outside of the NHL right? ;)

For starters, Bergfors can't play. He hasn't had the necessary doping tests to compete.

Radomon

Jun 1, 2004
Stockholm
Holmstrom-Zetterberg-Weinhandl
Sedin-Sedin-Samuelsson
Eriksson-Backstrom-Alfredsson
Axelsson-Pahlsson-Sjostrom
Extra: Forsberg

Lidstrom-Kronwall
Ohlund-Enstrom
Hjalmarsson-Murray
Extra: Hedman

Lundqvist
Gustavsson
Extra: Markstrom

My guess.

EDIT: The first line isn't necessarily the first line, they should rotate the top 3 because of the lack of checking centres. Maybe replace Weinhandl and Samuelsson and use the Zetterberg line to check opponents top players along with the fourth line with Pahlsson.

Also, if Forsberg's healthy he should of course be considered a top 3 spot, but I don't think he will.

Last edited:

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
You know there are leagues outside of the NHL right? ;)

For starters, Bergfors can't play. He hasn't had the necessary doping tests to compete.

No player outside of the NHL is good enough for a Swedish olympic team. Who did you have in mind? Weinhandl? Close but not enough. Magnus Johansson? Hell no. With the current d-men available Johansson has no business whatsoever in the olympic team.

VanFan101

Jul 24, 2009
If Franzen is Healthy:

Zetterberg - Backstrom - Franzen

Sedin - Sedin - Alfredsson

Huselius - Forsberg - Bergfors

Sjostrom - Pahlson - Samuelsson

Eriksson

Lidstrom - Kronwall

Murray - Enstrom

Ohlund - Hjalmarsson

Oduya

If Bergfors really can't play, then slide Eriksson into that spot and make Holmstrom or Weinhandl the extra.

Note: The third line would likely play less minutes than the 4th in this roster, as the 4th would be the checking line put out to shut down other teams top lines.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Zetterberg injured after hit by Öhlund. ****ing judas.

Could be gone for a while (months?) according to McKenzie.

Macke*

I've read that Substitutions could be added to the 69 man roster but it's so late in the game how could Naslund make it? (Though he has been doing good in the SEL without Forsberg)

Even if he was named I doubt he would go.. he put his NHL team first in 06 and would probably put MoDo first in 10.

Though that would be so Awesome Foppa and Naslund bring gold home in the Olympics and then bring SEL Gold home.

Ahh I can dream i'm just lucky enough they came back to the SEL.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
No player outside of the NHL is good enough for a Swedish olympic team. Who did you have in mind? Weinhandl? Close but not enough. Magnus Johansson? Hell no. With the current d-men available Johansson has no business whatsoever in the olympic team.

I think Weinhandl will make it. He always delivers on the national team. I think you underestimate his skills.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I've read that Substitutions could be added to the 69 man roster but it's so late in the game how could Naslund make it? (Though he has been doing good in the SEL without Forsberg)

Even if he was named I doubt he would go.. he put his NHL team first in 06 and would probably put MoDo first in 10.

Though that would be so Awesome Foppa and Naslund bring gold home in the Olympics and then bring SEL Gold home.

Ahh I can dream i'm just lucky enough they came back to the SEL.

NHL doesnt have an agreement with WADA. So if they werent added before the 15th of october they couldnt go through proper drugtests or whatever. This is not the case with the SEL and I think more could be added from there however Naslund will not be on the team anyway.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Players who possibly might not get to play in the Olympics for various reasons as of now.

Zetterberg, Franzen, Kronwall, Bergfors, Hedberg, Naslund, Forsberg (resting once again, will probably not be there), Naslund, Lilja, Stalberg (if anyone considered him).

If the first three are out, we are doomed.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Franzen and Kronwall are skating. And I sure hope Z will not miss OG.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Players who possibly might not get to play in the Olympics for various reasons as of now.

Zetterberg, Franzen, Kronwall, Bergfors, Hedberg, Naslund, Forsberg (resting once again, will probably not be there), Naslund, Lilja, Stalberg (if anyone considered him).

If the first three are out, we are doomed.

You will get Z and Kronner back for sure. Unless they get injured again (please God, no), but Franzen in touch and go I think. He shouldn't be skating and is taking risks. But at least he is being positive about his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad