N Hävelid
A Lilja
J Oduya
A Strålman
Tallinder

Hank
Tellqvist
Ersberg

A bit too weak - on paper at least - for Canada or Russia.
But in the POs in a one game elimination series - anything can happen
One pure checking line, one line with 2 way yet offensive players told to play defense and 2 pure offensive lines will be the strategy. Need Murray against US/Canada imo
I also believe that none of the 3 guys that had "a ******** of a fun time" after visiting the "Drugstore" a few years back - will be on the squad. BÃ…G will see to this.

SChan*

Zetterberg - Bäckström - Franzén
L Eriksson - Sundin - Alfredsson
Sedin - Sedin - P Berglund
Axelsson - Påhlsson - F Sjöström

T Holmstrom

Outside the locker room (wanting in)
K Huselius
M Samuelsson
M Nylander
M Naslund

Lidström - Kronwall
Öhlund - K Jönsson (if healthy)
Edler - Enström

D Murray

Outside the bench (wanting in)

kim Jonsson
V Hedman
N Hävelid
A Lilja
J Oduya
A Strålman
Tallinder

Hank
Tellqvist
Ersberg

A bit too weak - on paper at least - for Canada or Russia.
But in the POs in a one game elimination series - anything can happen
One pure checking line, one line with 2 way yet offensive players told to play defense and 2 pure offensive lines will be the strategy. Need Murray against US/Canada imo
I also believe that none of the 3 guys that had "a ******** of a fun time" after visiting the "Drugstore" a few years back - will be on the squad. BÃ…G will see to this.

sjöström. no thanks. And I dont want naslund or nylander on the team.

Huselius needs to there for his puck skills.

Pwnator

Apr 3, 2009
2010 Olympic Rosters - Sweden

Franzén - Zetterberg - Holmström
L Eriksson - Bäckström - Alfredsson
Sedin - Sedin - Samuelsson
Berglund - Sundin - Näslund (if the two latter still play next season)

Lidström - J Ericsson
Murray - Kronwall
Oduya - Enström

Lundqvist

This is assuming that Omark does not do ridiculously well in KHL next season, in that case I'd put him ahead of Näslund on the 4th line.

Last edited by a moderator:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Holmström - Zetterberg - Franzén
L Eriksson - Bäckström - Alfredsson
Sedin - Sedin - Samuelsson
Berglund - Sundin - Näslund (if the two latter still play next season)

Lidström - J Ericsson
Kronwall - Murray
Oduya - Enström

Lundqvist

This is assuming that Omark does not do ridiculously well in KHL next season, in that case I'd put him ahead of Näslund on the 4th line.

Red Wings fan, I presume?

That a side, a guy like Samuel Påhlsson would more than likely be on the team. The same goes for Kenny Jönsson and obviously Mattias Öhlund. Kristian Huselius, Alexander Edler, Henrik Tallinder and Nicklas Grossman could possibly be included depending on what seasons they will have next year. I probably forgot a few. Wouldn't be surprised if Victor Hedman would get a roster spot as the extra defenseman, assuming he has a nice transition.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003

That a side, a guy like Samuel Påhlsson would more than likely be on the team. The same goes for Kenny Jönsson and obviously Mattias Öhlund. Kristian Huselius, Alexander Edler, Henrik Tallinder and Nicklas Grossman could possibly be included depending on what seasons they will have next year. I probably forgot a few. Wouldn't be surprised if Victor Hedman would get a roster spot as the extra defenseman, assuming he has a nice transition.

pahlsson can have the spot of samuelsson. sammy stinks, especially wings fans know that. ;)

i don't see murray/oduya making it. and ericsson might be too inexperienced, but he's great nevertheless.

naslund...meh...sundin...double-meh...

grossman i really want on that team. he's needed.

oh and never ever think about putting homer and franzen on the same line. that doesn't work, because both run the crease.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
I'd rather have those guys on the team than any of Edler, Tallinder or Grossman.

Oduya, especially, is severely underrated.

i really like oduya and wouldn't mind to have him there. edler might get no chance, because he's about offense and there are better ones. tallinder is meh. grossman is defense and if he progresses like he did the past season, he will be a lock on the team. he's great.

sweden has a lot of options on D, but usually the players all have their roles. and oduya doesn't stand out in anything. he's an all-rounder. so i'm not sure he finds a spot.

Pwnator

Apr 3, 2009

I'm alright with Påhlsson on the team, and possibly Öhlund, but none of the others. Huselius has got the skills but not the work ethic, and the others you mention are way outside. Hedman won't be good enough next spring. I'd say that he needs at least one more year before he's ready.

I'm actually not a die-hard Red Wings fan, I simply think that it would be to team Swedens advantage to have as many players as possible from the same team, as they would be pretty used to each other. And when the team happens to be (arguably) the best team there is - why not?

I put sammy there simply because he's one of Detroits PP point men, and he is decent enough in 5v5 to earn a spot imo.

Raggamuffin

Oct 18, 2005
I would like to see Franzén with the Sedins. And Näslund has no place on the fourth line. He needs to be on a top line to produce. But I doubt he'll be considered for that. Påhlsson is a lock on a defensive line.

account deactivated

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
grossman is defense and if he progresses like he did the past season, he will be a lock on the team. he's great.

I was actually quite surprised by this. In his rookie season he was all right, but didn't think he would ramp up his game so much. He was the one bright spot on defense for the Stars this season, aside from getting to see Vishnevskiy play in the last few games.

Between Grossman and Eriksson though, I hope Dallas starts taking the Detroit strategy when it comes to building a team, lol.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Franzén - Zetterberg - Alfredsson
Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Huselius - Backstrom - Holmstrom
Sjostrom - Pahlsson - Samuelsson ( checking line )
Berglund

Lidstrom - Kronwall
Edler - Ohlund
Oduya - Ericsson
Tallinder - Johnsson

Lundqvist
Tellqvist
Hedberg

Last edited:

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
I think I'm gonna kill BÅG if he overlooks Sjöström again, it was laughable last WC but if he decides to go with Nilsson, Fabricius, or Andersson to Vancouver... :shakehead

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
I think I'm gonna kill BÅG if he overlooks Sjöström again, it was laughable last WC but if he decides to go with Nilsson, Fabricius, or Andersson to Vancouver... :shakehead

don't worry, there's a better option. he starts with a w and would he be written with a v, his name would mean "wolf". :snide:

futurekos22*

Naslund-Zetterberg-Alfredsson
D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Sundin
Holmstrom-Backstrom-Franzen
Huselius-Pahlsson-Modin

Lidstrom-Ohlund
Kronvall-Edler
Havelid-Tallinder/Johnsson

Lundqvist
Hedberg

futurekos22*

i really like oduya and wouldn't mind to have him there. edler might get no chance, because he's about offense and there are better ones. tallinder is meh. grossman is defense and if he progresses like he did the past season, he will be a lock on the team. he's great.

sweden has a lot of options on D, but usually the players all have their roles. and oduya doesn't stand out in anything. he's an all-rounder. so i'm not sure he finds a spot.

Edler is most likely a lock. You haven't seen him play. He's the most underrated defenseman in the league. He is not just about the offense, he can play very well defensively and is very physical as well. He's a lock imo.

futurekos22*

Holmström - Zetterberg - Sundin
Sedin - Sedin - Alfredsson
Naslund- Bäckström - Franzen
Berglund - Pahlsson - Eriksson

Lidström - Ohlund
Kronwall - Edler
Oduya - Havelid

Lundqvist

Fixed

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Edler is most likely a lock. You haven't seen him play. He's the most underrated defenseman in the league. He is not just about the offense, he can play very well defensively and is very physical as well. He's a lock imo.

Edler is far from a lock.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Naslund/Sundin on your checking :o

that team is built to fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->