U18: Sweden Roster 2024 U18 World Championship

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
Easily the third best team in this tournament after the NA teams. With the same effort you guys had against Canada in the second part of the game would've given you a 8-1 victory over Finland.

But... Am I wrong if I'm still not that impressed by the talent level this years besides the NA teams with huge prospects like Hagens and McKenna?
Sure Fernström, Freij and Wallenius. But I feel like I've seen a lot better players at the same age from both Sweden and Finland?
Yeah, this age group has no top forward like we have had the latest two age groups. Example Lekkerimäki and Östlund and the 05's has Stenberg.. Depth is okay tho

Reactions: Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Yeah, this age group has no top forward like we have had the latest two age groups. Example Lekkerimäki and Östlund and the 05's has Stenberg.. Depth is okay tho
Exactly. No "insanely" skilled guy nor a really dynamic talent. I mean Lekkerimäki is really great but even prospects like Kemell were a lot better at this level than every other finn and swede imho.
I mean Helenius is probably the exception and a better hockey player than Kemell and a bigger prospect in the long run. But he's more made for the next level. He's not that guy that will win it for you with useless teammates.
Where's prospects like Kemell, Lambert and others can create a bit more by their own at this level.
Felt like Raymond did that as well when he was at this age.

Reactions: erikhamren

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
Maybe we can make a new U18 thread just before Hlinka starts, and put our Hlinka team updates there. Anyway heres my next year team, for now

Ekberg - Frondell - Björck
Klingsell - Gästrin - Ihs Wozniak
Stenberg - Nilson - Drott
Skarby - Sonestedt - Jennersjö
Novotny

Boumedienne - Annborn
Sjöström - Hallin
Håkansson - Lindgren
Dahlqvist

Härenstam

Much will happen, i think Hermansson and Elofsson have a chance making this team. Big season ahead for everyone

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Maybe we can make a new U18 thread just before Hlinka starts, and put our Hlinka team updates there. Anyway heres my next year team, for now

Ekberg - Frondell - Björck
Klingsell - Gästrin - Ihs Wozniak
Stenberg - Jennersjö - Drott
Skarby - Sonestedt - Hillström
Novotny

Boumedienne - Annborn
Sjöström - Hallin
Håkansson - Lindgren
Dahlqvist

Härenstam

Much will happen, i think Hermansson and Elofsson have a chance making this team. Big season ahead for everyone
No Nilson?

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Missed the entire tournament because of vacation. Time to watch the games on SVTPlay. Good with a bronze medal, medal in 6 straight tournaments now.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
Easily the third best team in this tournament after the NA teams. With the same effort you guys had against Canada in the second part of the game would've given you a 8-1 victory over Finland.

But... Am I wrong if I'm still not that impressed by the talent level this years with the NA teams being the exception with huge prospects like Hagens and McKenna?
Sure Fernström, Freij and Wallenius. But I feel like I've seen a lot better players at the same age from both Sweden and Finland?
Mckenna is an 07, right? If we count those we got it better, where at least Frondell and potentially a couple more will likely be pretty highly regarded next year. But the 06 have been well known to be a weak age group for a long time. I think Freij has a lot of upside(and a lot of downside) but unless this year is weak on talent otherwise(I don't watch prospects outside Sweden) he is the only one I would even want to take a bet with any 1st round pick. I think Wallenius is a bit overrated by some, and while I like Pettersson and Eriksson quite a bit, we are not talking high-end talents. It could end up as bad as 0 full time NHLers from this age group, but I'm holding up hope for those 4. We're talking about kids after all, and e.g. Eriksson has had an insane development curve, so you never know.

More surprised by Finland though, a lot of people used to hype up this age group, but that finnish team looked really dissapointing. At least the swedish group has been dumped on since at least the TV-pucken season. Feels like the overall philosphy of development and playstyle needs to be rethought.

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
Feels like the overall philosphy of development and playstyle needs to be rethought.

Maybe, but every country has their weaker age class. Our 07's and 08's looks good and the 09's will be very interesting to see at tv-pucken and the national level this season. I would be worried if our recent classes sucked too but thats not the case!

Development strategy can always be maximized.

From 2023

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad