U18: Sweden Roster 2024 U18 World Championship

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Frondell injured?
agent told me a while back he should be back in time for the tourney, but I am guessing rehab is taking too much time (and even if he is recovered by then, chances are Djurgården would want him to stay in Stockholm... if they make the HockeyAllsvenskan final. Guessing he would be the first call-up in case of forward injuries, considering he played quite well before being injured).

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Zetterberg - Pettersson - Fernström
Eklund - Eriksson - Ihs Wozniak
Nordlund - Berglund - Lindberg
Sterner - Toresson - Hesselvall
Orrsten

LSW - Eliasson
Freij - Annborn
Gustafsson - Bodin
Öhrqvist

Härenstam

I read that we have 10 wins out of 12 games vs 06 national teams this season. So we can go far tbh.

Ekberg should be here instead with the U17 team but thats me

Reactions: cheechoo

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
agent told me a while back he should be back in time for the tourney, but I am guessing rehab is taking too much time (and even if he is recovered by then, chances are Djurgården would want him to stay in Stockholm... if they make the HockeyAllsvenskan final. Guessing he would be the first call-up in case of forward injuries, considering he played quite well before being injured).
Could be Djurgården stepping in as it sounded like they really wanted him to rehab until he was fully 100%? Doubt Rosén would just not select him because he has been out for a while.

Zetterberg - Pettersson - Fernström
Eklund - Eriksson - Ihs Wozniak
Nordlund - Berglund - Lindberg
Sterner - Toresson - Hesselvall
Orrsten

LSW - Eliasson
Freij - Annborn
Gustafsson - Bodin
Öhrqvist

Härenstam

I read that we have 10 wins out of 12 games vs 06 national teams this season. So we can go far tbh.

Ekberg should be here instead with the U17 team but thats me
Losing your 1C that, among other things, dominated the latest tournament hurts however. And can't keep expecting them to make 5+ goal comebacks against the US haha.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Could be Djurgården stepping in as it sounded like they really wanted him to rehab until he was fully 100%? Doubt Rosén would just not select him because he has been out for a while.

Losing your 1C that, among other things, dominated the latest tournament hurts however. And can't keep expecting them to make 5+ goal comebacks against the US haha.
Yeah, i really wanted to see Frondell. Ihs Wozniak can do the job tho.

I think we will be forced to focus more on the defence this tourney. Rely more on that which can be worrying cuz we have been letting in many goals throughout the season.

I see us as bronze medalist atleast if everything clicks

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Frondell update:
Rehab is going according to schedule, but they thought/hoped he would be ahead of schedule, but that is not the case, so he is out for that reason.

Also, Viktor Olofsson and Anton Olsson are among the reserves. Not very surprising. Do not know the rest of the names though.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
If Djurgården vs Brynäs Hockeyallsvenskan finals goes to game 7, Eklund & Eriksson will miss the entire groupstage.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Exhibtion game vs USA right now. Looks like Wille Magnertoft and Joel Abrahmsson has been added to the roster. We dont have 4 complete lines.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Lines vs Latvia in the 2nd exhibition game that just ended. Swe won 4-0.

Zetterberg-Pettersson-Fernström
Nordlund-Lindberg-Ihs Wozniak
Toresson-Orrsten-Abrahamsson
Berglund-Hesselvall-Magnertoft

Sahlin Wallenius-Eliasson
Freij-Öhrqvist
Wernquist-Gustafsson
Bodin

Härenstam
Didn't have the chance to watch this but the US game made me hope JIW would be moved to C.

Lets hope Brynäs likes the U18 team enough to end the series tomorrow.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
I dunno if im worried or not about the group stage, its a tight group and we havent won comfortably against any team expect Kazakstan ofc.. Scoring shouldnt be a problem but still. The defence can be shaky.

To see how Kaz will perform before we meet them will be interesting. Hope they are bad.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Eklund & Eriksson is a must vs a top team like Canada.
Im watching Can - Norway right now, and Norway isnt as outplayed u thought they would be, they are even better sometimes. The score is 1-1 and only half of the match have been played.

Maybe Canada isnt playing at their max level in a pre tourney game but still. We can beat them

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad