GDT: Sweden (2) vs. Canada (5) • Semifinals • Jan. 4 • Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Canada brought their own refs and Sweden fell apart. Surprised they're not calling even more penalties on Sweden now that they're pissed and hitting ppl way after the whistle.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Is this really choking? Sweden was never the favorite to win. We were in the easiest group ever and faced slovakia in the quarter, that's why we won all previous games. This game proves that Sweden is not good enough for the final this year.

Well I think for a lot of people Sweden was the favorite to win. TSN for example had them win the tournament

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Canadians are always quick to call Europeans divers. I was referencing that.

And Swedish are always quick to call referees favor towards Canada.

See it goes both ways.

Either way its pointless.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Canadians showing off their world famous class as well. While winning, nonetheless. Goes both ways.

So why don't we all shut the **** up about the refs and watch a good hockey game? A bunch of very talented teenaged kids are playing their hearts out right now. Let's enjoy that.

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
At least we've come a long way if losing to Canada in Canada is considered choking.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
All I can say is... if it were the other way around and the Canadians were roughing up the Swedes after the whistle - you'd still have the same people whining only about different things.

I'm actually surprised the Swedes aren't getting calls. I know US/CA get called all the time for stuff like that after the whistle, or even during sometimes if it's "too aggressive", but Sweden is doing it after every whistle and nothing.

Hope they let that stuff go in the finals as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad