Prospect Info: Sven Andrighetto (Re-Called)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Do you really believe he's that skilled? Honest question, haven't seen him much.
I believe he's got the skill that can develop into a really good 2nd line player.

However, he's very responsible and a very smart player, so he could succeed playing on a 3rd line if it were a 2-way line (not a bruiser 3rd line).

He doesn't make a lot of mistakes, despite having a lot of skill.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I believe he's got the skill that can develop into a really good 2nd line player.

However, he's very responsible and a very smart player, so he could succeed playing on a 3rd line if it were a 2-way line (not a bruiser 3rd line).

He doesn't make a lot of mistakes, despite having a lot of skill.
How does a smaller Alex Steen sound like as a comparison?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yes he could have, AHL deal.
Exactly. The reason he had to sign is because his Swiss contract (3 years) only had an NHL out clause. Not an AHL out clause.

How does a smaller Alex Steen sound like as a comparison?
I'd love that. Not sure he'll ever develop that well - but I hope so. He has a high work ethic though, so I wouldn't be surprised. Wouldn't be surprised to see him bust as well though, if I'm completely honest.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sven Andrighetto = Michael Cammalleri version Swiss. #STUD

I think he's a better passer then Cammy was at his age.

I've seen him listed at 181 pounds on a few sites, he's gotta be pretty solid for his height.

He does seem to have decent lower body strength, not as easy to knock off the puck from what i've been watching.

Sadly Cammalleri doesn't have the speed this kid have. I would say Charles Hudon is more Cammalleri while Andrighetto is more a poor man Parise. If it wasn't for his size, he'll be a first rounder.

Hudon is nothing like Cammy, very different players. Hudon always seems to keep his feet moving, good passer and very smart with the puck.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
I don't buy this cup of coffee, ready in a year talk. This sounds like another Alexander Avtsin. For most of his first year he will likely be a healthy scratch.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I don't buy this cup of coffee, ready in a year talk. This sounds like another Alexander Avtsin. For most of his first year he will likely be a healthy scratch.

Why do you say that ? He was an excellent player in the CHL and works hard, has a good shot, a little undersized and young but he will be an impact player in Hamilton. Avtsin was coming from Russia to Hamilton as a under-ager. Situations don't really compare IMO.

JonathanToews19clutc*

Sven Andrighetto is also good than Sven Baertschi?

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Just curious cause I've never seen him play, why is everyone really excited... Wasnt he passed over in 2 drafts?

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
The Avtsin comparison was a little over the top. Some of your guys projections just seem to good to be true. Believe me, I'd love for them to come true !:)

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
1 thing's for certain, in a couple of seasons this team will be half filled with the 2012 and 2013 draft only. Galchenyuk, Collberg, Bozon, Vail, Hudon, Mccaron, De La Rose, Fucale, Lehkonen, Andrighetto and Crisp are ALL prospects that have NHL potential and should atleast have a try in a couple seasons.

We say this every year and really no one knows.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
That should be said about Andrighetto is that if a 2011 3rd round draft pick had the season he did, he'd be getting talked up quite a bit here over the past couple months.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

I don't recall people being this optimistic about our prospect pool in a LONG time. Last time I imagine was when we had Higgins, Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Komisarek, Perezhogin, Halak, etc.

What might amplify the hype is that the 2012 & 2013 drafts we're the first ones where we had a lot of picks in the top 60/90. People won't overhype prospects drafted past the 3rd round unless they're some flashy European à la Avtsin/Trunev.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
He's 20 years old. That's why the hype train isn't going crazy.

20 years old in the same way Brendan Gallagher was in his last junior season. He wasn't an over-ager being held back.

For example, he's within six days of the same age as Mark Schiefele and has a slightly better PPG this season.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal

Yeah, we really need to somehow find a thread with people's predictions of how our team would look like from 2007-2008 or something. We would probably find Valentenko filling the 3rd pair with gleeful comments about how tough our team was going to be to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad