Svatos

Status
Not open for further replies.

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
well duh theirs no way he will get that much,he will get probably 20-30 goals!

but is he for real or is he just on a hot streak, that will stop and then bye bye Svatos

sudcity

Aug 9, 2005
I watched just about the entire game last night and was really impressed with Svatos. He was playing against a great team in the Flames and had less than stellar linemates. What I really liked though was him not being afraid to sit in front of the net given his size. That along with some nice moves and great speed made him really stand out all around on the offensive end. And oh yeah, his first goal of the season was a game winner I beleive, so he's clutch too! Alright, maybe I'm getting a bit carried away, but I like what I see. If he can stay out of the doghouse and remain healthy the sky could be the limit. The problem is that those are two pretty big "ifs".

RoyIsALegend*

knight44 said:
is this guy for real or is he on a hot streak?

he has 4 goals 1 assist in 2 games

plays on a line with Turgeon and Wolski

makes you think!

It's not just right now, though.

In 2003-04, he was injured for nearly the entire season, played only the last 2 games of the regular season and had 2 goals there.

In the playoffs that year, he scored the incredible goal against Dallas in overtime in Texas where he went end-to-end, undressed the Stars defense, and roofed a wrist shot top shelf on Mart Turco to win the game.

Now this year, he has 4 goals in 2 games.

The guy's a PURE goal-scorer... dynamite hands, incredible acceleration, and he knows where to go on the ice.

He's not a fluke!

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
Hopefully the shoulder wont be a problem for him anymore.

Didn't he have 3 surgeries on that so far? That would be my main concern.

kenny #9

Mar 6, 2002
Saskatoon
playing in front of the net can do a number on someone especially someone of Svatos size.. lets hope he can stay healthy

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Alot of Marek's game will depend on how the officiating bears out, I'm still worried someone like Pronger will cross check him while he's in front of the net.

I think he got himself out of the doghouse and his shoulder held up last year, so those are good signs *knock wood*

He's also got some nifty forecheck moves and is good at stealing the puck. Check out his play in Games 6 vs Dallas last year.

6 career games-6 goals. He's on a pace to break Gretzky's record in about 10 years. :sarcasm:

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
On a somewhat similar note...Wolski was identified by probably 90% of posters as a high probability guy to bust. Not to say that a few games in the show makes you a success, but for a guy so many were low on, it is good to see him doing well pretty quickly after draft day.

kenny #9

Mar 6, 2002
Saskatoon
Matt MacInnis said:
On a somewhat similar note...Wolski was identified by probably 90% of posters as a high probability guy to bust. Not to say that a few games in the show makes you a success, but for a guy so many were low on, it is good to see him doing well pretty quickly after draft day.

Wolski has impressed me this season. He will be a regular NHL player.. it just all depends on whether he is a first line player or a 3rd line guy.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Matt MacInnis said:

Count me as one of those guys who was very low on him.

Everytime I saw him play in the OHL, he was just way to inconsistent for my liking. He'd be great for one period out of three. And just seemed to show no passion for the game, at least not the point of my liking.

But good to see him playing well in Colorado. Some players just need the professional game to motivate them to be the hockey players they have the skills to be.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Matt MacInnis said:
I think alot of that has to do with way too much tunnel vision on the Power foward model. People figure that if someone is 6'3" and not rattling molars and scoring ever goal from 2 feet away they're soft.
brock said:
Some players just need the professional game to motivate them to be the hockey players they have the skills to be.
You can probably say that about Svatos too.

Kroz

Mar 26, 2005
Svatos and Wolski have the makings of good chemistry. I saw this at the B&W game BACK WHEN, but was a pessimist about whether things would ever pan out. I dunno, when Hejduk comes back, just put Turgeon in between them and see what happens. Hopefully they can both keep it up. ./GUARDED CAUTIOUS ENTHUSIASTIC OPTIMISM

Transported Upstater

Brock said:
Some players just need the professional game to motivate them to be the hockey players they have the skills to be.

In other words, the "anti-Daigle"

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
There's only one if, health. He's enough skilled and fast for NHL. Awesome player...

And this "new" nhl is perfect for him. :)

Leaf_Crazy

Jan 22, 2003
Toronto
I was negotciating a deal for him 2 Years ago in one of my keeper leagues, then he exploded... I expected him to be a good player, but it happened at the wrong time for me. lol.

Kroz

Mar 26, 2005
was almost 2, net went off, but he would have scored regardless :(

The_Wiz

Apr 6, 2003
nova scotia
Visit site
Svatos could 35 goals this year if he stays healthy, but he is very injury prone, i know i have him in my keeper draft. He's like Forsberg and Palffy that way, lots of skill, but very injury prone. Yes i have Foppa and Palffy on my keeper team too.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
one of the most exciting calder run in years...
Svatos, Ovechkin, Crosby, Seabrook, and Lethonen.

My bet remains on Ovechkin! :sarcasm:

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
I just added him to my fantasy team, took him off waivers. His icetime amounts impressed me, along with the amount of PP time he got.

Is that going to continue? who does he usually play with?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Injektilo said:
I just added him to my fantasy team, took him off waivers. His icetime amounts impressed me, along with the amount of PP time he got.

Is that going to continue? who does he usually play with?

Usually on a line with Konowalchuk and Turgeon. Turgeon and him just have great chemistry. Pierre made a behind-the-back pass in tonight's loss to Nashville that Svatos was right there for and almost converted.

On the power play, he's enjoyed his best play with fellow rookie Wojtek Wolski. At times they'll move Wolski up to play alongside him in even strength situations as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA