TV: Survivor 46

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Hunter fumbled epically.

He just panicked hard. I don't understand why he thought he should start running around telling everyone about his idol. He might not even have been voted out if he hadn't told people. It looked like Q was the solid vote... knowing Hunter had the idol may have put the vote over the edge.

Q did exactly as expected. He tried to pretend like his nonsense last episode was calculated and played the martyr. And then of course he tried to take the moral high ground in the tribal. Doesn't get voted out when he tried to quit and then goes on about saying "now you gave me new life in the game" but then turns right back around to say "Oh I don't care about anything, I don't care who gets voted out, If it's me I'll just smile and say thanks for the opportunity." Even in the vote, he could have taken out Hunter but threw a random vote on Ben. I'm wondering if he did this in the hopes he'd be voted out without having to quit.

Zero respect for the game, throwing away everyone else's game for no benefit, sucks at every challenge, incredibly unlikeable personality. I get why they cast him, he's fun to hate. But it sucks seeing someone like this command so much time, energy, and attention in the game.
I find players like Q and Venus refreshing. They are both chaotic in different ways, which doesn't allow the other players to play safe. Q is delusional, but someone using hide n seek for strategy and his catchphrase of saying "Big mistake" are priceless. People like Coach and Keith Nale are among my favorite players of all time, or Courtney whose only goal was to outlast Genre Bear not win.

Are Q or Venus gonna win? I'd say 99% unlikely. But, I do think unpredictable people help make the show better/less predictable. Sitting on the couch at home we know the optimal strategies with the info shown (whether we could execute them is a different story entirely).

To be honest, I found Hunter a one-note character, so I'm not gonna miss him. Unreal at challenges, but didn't offer much in the way of strategy or entertianment.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I find players like Q and Venus refreshing. They are both chaotic in different ways, which doesn't allow the other players to play safe. Q is delusional, but someone using hide n seek for strategy and his catchphrase of saying "Big mistake" are priceless. People like Coach and Keith Nale are among my favorite players of all time, or Courtney whose only goal was to outlast Genre Bear not win.

Are Q or Venus gonna win? I'd say 99% unlikely. But, I do think unpredictable people help make the show better/less predictable. Sitting on the couch at home we know the optimal strategies with the info shown (whether we could execute them is a different story entirely).

To be honest, I found Hunter a one-note character, so I'm not gonna miss him. Unreal at challenges, but didn't offer much in the way of strategy or entertianment.
I don’t believe Q was truly using hide and seek for that. I think he wanted to have fun and mess around but thought it would sound cool in hindsight to make it like it was a deep analysis.

I agree with you about the entertainment value of survivor, but I just find his antics to be pretty disrespectful to the game and other players.

His behavior doesn’t make people Play differently by design, IMO. I don’t think he tries to create chaos to improve his own situation. I think he just doesn’t care about the game and wants to create a character.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I don’t believe Q was truly using hide and seek for that. I think he wanted to have fun and mess around but thought it would sound cool in hindsight to make it like it was a deep analysis.

I agree with you about the entertainment value of survivor, but I just find his antics to be pretty disrespectful to the game and other players.

His behavior doesn’t make people Play differently by design, IMO. I don’t think he tries to create chaos to improve his own situation. I think he just doesn’t care about the game and wants to create a character.
I get a different read, he's a control freak who holds himself to a high standard (probably why he's successful in everyday life). If he doesn't have control he starts to play erratically. I don't think he does it by design either, but someone who does it by design is less likely to cause chaos.

Q's the type of player who only wants to play one way, which is at the top of a power alliance, he's lost playing elsewhere. Obviously, Boston Rob is a much better player, but that's also the only way Boston Rob knows how to play. Playing from the bottom or the middle are lost concepts on them.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I get a different read, he's a control freak who holds himself to a high standard (probably why he's successful in everyday life). If he doesn't have control he starts to play erratically. I don't think he does it by design either, but someone who does it by design is less likely to cause chaos.

Q's the type of player who only wants to play one way, which is at the top of a power alliance, he's lost playing elsewhere. Obviously, Boston Rob is a much better player, but that's also the only way Boston Rob knows how to play. Playing from the bottom or the middle are lost concepts on them.
I can understand that perspective as well. I guess that’s the great thing about the game and the edits. We can see things differently and take players in different ways.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Always so surprised at how many people hold onto their idols. If I think there's a 50/50 chance it's me, I'm playing my idol. I'd rather not have to live with that regret of getting voted out with an idol when I knew I was on the chopping block.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Always so surprised at how many people hold onto their idols. If I think there's a 50/50 chance it's me, I'm playing my idol. I'd rather not have to live with that regret of getting voted out with an idol when I knew I was on the chopping block.
I agree. Using an idol when you don't need to is a much more understandable gaff than walking out with an idol in your pocket.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
oh Hunter I had such high hopes for you and in the end you proved to be just another moron who failed at playing Survivor.

Classic example of someone getting greedy and trying to set up an end game rather than just focusing on making it past the tribal council that was right in front of him. His reasoning for telling literally the two worst people he could tell about his idol (Q and Venus) was idiotic and greedy. And once the cat was out of the bag, his decision to not use his idol during a very live tribal was even more idiotic.

He should've used his idol, lived to fight another day. Who knows, if Hunter survives he might not even be looked at as the biggest threat going forward. People might've turned their attention to the only duo in the game, Charlie and Maria, and targetted them instead. And with Hunter's challenge skills there was always a good chance he would win immunity again. Plus there would be another idol released into the wild that he could find.

Just so many reasons to just use the idol last night and literally no good reason not to use it.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
And with Hunter's challenge skills there was always a good chance he would win immunity again. Plus there would be another idol released into the wild that he could find.

Exactly, this is the main reason I couldn't believe he didn't play the idol. He could have easily went on a immunity challenge winning streak.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Q is the guy who completely f***s up and says he isn't listening to the noise. But if something great happens by accident he says it's by design. This guy is Terry Bradshaw doing the "Immaculate Reception" and saying it went down exactly as he planned it

God this is amazing

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Q is the guy who completely f***s up and says he isn't listening to the noise. But if something great happens by accident he says it's by design. This guy is Terry Bradshaw doing the "Immaculate Reception" and saying it went down exactly as he planned it

God this is amazing
I honestly thought he was going to pull the quitting card again at this tribal to try and stop Hunter from playing his idol 🤣

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I honestly thought he was going to pull the quitting card again at this tribal to try and stop Hunter from playing his idol 🤣
That's on Hunter. Stuff like this is why I don't mind "Super Idols" back in circulation. They aren't broken, they were just in 2 seasons where people had no clue how to flush any kind of idol, Tony on the strong end of an alliance and season 35 pre merge in a fashion no one cares about. There's like 3 ways to beat it but no one has done it.

But I digress. Hunter did it to himself. Last night's episode was giving me Gabon vibes. I am here for it. The inmates are running the asylum

Last edited:

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I think it would be funny if Q won some challenges and went on a run to end the season lol.

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
Survivor just announced an all returnee season. Here's my proposition. Survivor Eras Collide, where we get players from new era vs current era players. Stuck with players who have only played once, who are relatively young.

Survivor Eras Collide (10 male, 10 Female)

Tribe 1: Survivor pre-40

Rodney Lavoie
- Season 30 - Aggressive, conniving, hard working player. Still only 34.
Domenick Abate - Season 36 - One of the best runner-ups ever. Great game.
Christian Hubickie - Season 37 - Nerdy, smart, puzzle master.
Davie Rickenbacker - Season 37 - Smart social player.
Rick Devens - Season 38 - One of the most dominant seasons that don't win. Great personality too.

Nadiya Anderson - Season 29 - Her sister was pretty darn successful. So why not bring the twin for a second chance.
Cydney Dillon - Season 32 - Keen strategist came 4th in her season. She is now a world champ bodybuilder. Could be a force.
Lauren O'Connell - Season 38 - Hard working, challenge competitor.
Elaine Stott - Season 39 - Likeable, fun character. Played a good social game.
Kelly Kim - Season 39 - Didn't get a fair shake, with the Dan Spilo BS. Smart social game.

HM - Hayden Moss (27), Kyle Jason (32), John Hennigan (37), Baylor Wilson (29),

Tribe 2: Survivor post-40
Jonathan Young
- Season 42 - Elite challenge beast
Omer Zaheer - Season 42 - One of the best new era strategists
Jesse Lopez - Season 43 - A cut-throat game, willing to make moves
Jake O'Kane - Season 45 - Honestly, deserves a better chance.
Q - Season 46 - Chaos + TV Gold

Drea Wheeler - Season 42 - Sneaky player, passed 4 advantages at once.
Noelle Lambert - Season 43 - Inspiring story, smart gameplay.
Carolyn Wiger - Season 44 - TV gold
Emily Flippen - Season 45 - Played a good game.
Sabiyah Broderwick - Season 45 - deserved better, smart strategist.

HM - Kaleb Gebrewold, Xander Hastings, Lindsay Dolaschwich, Survivor 47-48 players

That being said, I wouldn't mind an Ozzy or Russell Hantz return.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Survivor just announced an all returnee season. Here's my proposition. Survivor Eras Collide, where we get players from new era vs current era players. Stuck with players who have only played once, who are relatively young.

Survivor Eras Collide (10 male, 10 Female)

Tribe 1: Survivor pre-40

Rodney Lavoie
- Season 30 - Aggressive, conniving, hard working player. Still only 34.
Domenick Abate - Season 36 - One of the best runner-ups ever. Great game.
Christian Hubickie - Season 37 - Nerdy, smart, puzzle master.
Davie Rickenbacker - Season 37 - Smart social player.
Rick Devens - Season 38 - One of the most dominant seasons that don't win. Great personality too.

Nadiya Anderson - Season 29 - Her sister was pretty darn successful. So why not bring the twin for a second chance.
Cydney Dillon - Season 32 - Keen strategist came 4th in her season. She is now a world champ bodybuilder. Could be a force.
Lauren O'Connell - Season 38 - Hard working, challenge competitor.
Elaine Stott - Season 39 - Likeable, fun character. Played a good social game.
Kelly Kim - Season 39 - Didn't get a fair shake, with the Dan Spilo BS. Smart social game.

HM - Hayden Moss (27), Kyle Jason (32), John Hennigan (37), Baylor Wilson (29),

Tribe 2: Survivor post-40
Jonathan Young
- Season 42 - Elite challenge beast
Omer Zaheer - Season 42 - One of the best new era strategists
Jesse Lopez - Season 43 - A cut-throat game, willing to make moves
Jake O'Kane - Season 45 - Honestly, deserves a better chance.
Q - Season 46 - Chaos + TV Gold

Drea Wheeler - Season 42 - Sneaky player, passed 4 advantages at once.
Noelle Lambert - Season 43 - Inspiring story, smart gameplay.
Carolyn Wiger - Season 44 - TV gold
Emily Flippen - Season 45 - Played a good game.
Sabiyah Broderwick - Season 45 - deserved better, smart strategist.

HM - Kaleb Gebrewold, Xander Hastings, Lindsay Dolaschwich, Survivor 47-48 players

That being said, I wouldn't mind an Ozzy or Russell Hantz return.

I don't understand the premise. what's the difference between new era and current era??

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
I don't understand the premise. what's the difference between new era and current era??

Old era, was anything before winners at war. At that time they played 39 days, there was less of a meta advantage full game. They focused on a more social game. Whereas new gen (any season after winners at war) players have only had to play 26 days and play more of a savvy game.

There's quite a few players pre-survivor 40 that have yet to play again who would be great to see play once more. This would be an opportunity to see those players one last time, when 50 returns.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Old era, was anything before winners at war. At that time they played 39 days, there was less of a meta advantage full game. They focused on a more social game. Whereas new gen (any season after winners at war) players have only had to play 26 days and play more of a savvy game.

There's quite a few players pre-survivor 40 that have yet to play again who would be great to see play once more. This would be an opportunity to see those players one last time, when 50 returns.

oh, but you said new era vs current era and mentioned how you only wanted younger players which caused me all sorts of confusion.

not sure old era vs current era would work. Honestly I'd rather just see old era vs old era just to see if they play differently after having seen the game "evolve/devolve" since they played.

I can live without ever seeing again 98% of the new era players. They're all the same and they all kinda such personality wise. Gamebots and resume builders, yawn.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad