WWE: Surivor Series: WarGames 2023

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
There's nobody AEW could sign to counter this.

They fumbled the bag so hard.
I agree with the first part and disagree with the second statement.

AEW needs to focus on what they can control, which is the writing. The matches have always been above standard and they have plenty of names on the roster capable of quality shows.

To say they fumbled the bag is a little silly. What else should they have done? Honestly, other than not contracting with Punk in the first place, or canning him when he lost his shit the first time, they really didn’t have any other options. Fumbling the bag is like saying they had this golden goose in their hands and they mishandled it. I don’t think they did. Punk was fired because of his own actions.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just like after the brawl at All Out, Phil Brooks knows what his legacy would’ve been had he never shown up again. Clearly he’s gone a very long way in his head to make these amends because having his AEW run be his parting shot, given the unfulfilled potential. I don’t know that he won’t blow it, but there’s a lot of weight to carry if it’s something you have to live with for the rest of your life.
Another point which I mentioned in the news thread, I think this increases the chances of his wife getting inducted into the Hall Of Fame (next year?) and maybe also a Royal Rumble appearance. EDIT: I see Unholy Driver had already brought it up.

Last edited:

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I still have seven pages to read but wanted to point out that midway through the FOURTH PAGE people reacted to CM Punk returning and the thread is now on page 11. 3.5 pages related to the matches on the event and 6.5+ pages of people (presumably) discussing CM Punk's return, but he's definitely irrelevant and no one cares about him or feels any feelings towards him one way or the other, lol

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
There's nobody AEW could sign to counter this.

They fumbled the bag so hard.
I started watching AEW when Punk signed there. The biggest problem is the booking. It's chaotic and there's very little build which has resulted in very few homegrown talents being elevated. Only MJF has made it and that is all on him. That leads to another problem, many of their well-known stars are aging and have injury problems. Some of AEW's matches have too much blood and it's so damn frequent. I don't want to watch a grown man drinking another man's blood. It's repulsive.

All WWE has to do, is offer MJF a lot of money and AEW will fade away.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I think Rhea saw she was being recorded then did her silly reaction. If there was a WWE camera on Seth then it's too obvious it's a work so let the moment go viral then it seems to be genuine anger or frustration. I probably enjoyed the women's match more than the men's.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Kristian Harloff mentioned that Seth was apparently one of the few who knew about Punk's return.

Of course he was. It makes too much sense to run Seth v Punk for Mania. Seth needed to know so they could get some realism going on the build. It was nicely done.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I started watching AEW when Punk signed there. The biggest problem is the booking. It's chaotic and there's very little build which has resulted in very few homegrown talents being elevated. Only MJF has made it and that is all on him. That leads to another problem, many of their well-known stars are aging and have injury problems. Some of AEW's matches have too much blood and it's so damn frequent. I don't want to watch a grown man drinking another man's blood. It's repulsive.

MJF is not up to be offered a lot of money. AEW's main event scene is also just factually not that old lol like that isn't an opinion. I can list like 5 guys without thinking that are in their 20-30's and elevated to an upper to main card level.

Reactions: Voight and Fro

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
MJF is not up to be offered a lot of money. AEW's main event scene is also just factually not that old lol like that isn't an opinion. I can list like 5 guys without thinking that are in their 20-30's and elevated to an upper to main card level.
Moxley, Edge, Christian, Omega, Danielson are typically in the main event scene and all are either aging or injured a lot.

MJF is really the only one in the company who is younger and draws.

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City

Darby, Orange Cassidy, and the Acclaimed are all home grown, featured and huge merch movers... just saying

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Moxley, Edge, Christian, Omega, Danielson are typically in the main event scene and all are either aging or injured a lot.

MJF is really the only one in the company who is younger and draws.
Moxley is 37 years old. That is smack in the middle of your prime as a wrestler. Edge and Christian are in a mid card feud and have never been main eventers in AEW(though Christian is one of the best things in the company week in week out). Future of the company you have MJF, Ospreay, Jay White, Swerve, Hangman just off the top of my head that are in their early 30's to mid 20's. There is also Darby, OC and the Acclaimed. AEW has their issues but I honestly feel like people at this point are just repeating the same talking points over and over whether they are true or not.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Moxley is 37 years old. That is smack in the middle of your prime as a wrestler. Edge and Christian are in a mid card feud and have never been main eventers in AEW(though Christian is one of the best things in the company week in week out). Future of the company you have MJF, Ospreay, Jay White, Swerve, Hangman just off the top of my head that are in their early 30's to mid 20's. There is also Darby, OC and the Acclaimed. AEW has their issues but I honestly feel like people at this point are just repeating the same talking points over and over whether they are true or not.
Moxley is definitely of good age but his style is worrisome if he wants to last a long time.

White, Swerve, Page, Ospreay aren't established main eventers. No one outside of the AEW hardcore fans, aren't tuning in to view those guys.

Reactions: FriendlyGhost92

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Moxley is definitely of good age but his style is worrisome if he wants to last a long time.

White, Swerve, Page, Ospreay aren't established main eventers. No one outside of the AEW hardcore fans, aren't tuning in to view those guys.
The number of true "draws" in the traditional sense of the word in wrestling there are maybe a handful in like all of wrestling now. It doesn't happen over night and typically doesn't happen until you are well established and into your prime. AEW needs to use the Moxley's Danielsons and Omegas to establish the younger group to be in a position to carry the company forward for the next decade. So while they aren't established "draws" AEW has plenty of young wrestlers in and around the main event scene. Along with that what young main event draw does WWE have? Who is their MJF?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad