Super Mario Odyssey

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Sure. Which is why we still enjoy Mario Party 2-5. But Goldeneye itself doesn't hold up, only the multiplayer, which is the distinction. And that's fine.

I don't get the distinction. The multiplayer is a huge part of what made Goldeneye what it was, even when the N64 was part of the current generation.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
To me, Goldeneye was the multiplayer game.

I played countless hours of Goldeneye back in the 90s, but I never even played the single player campaign.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I did just a couple years ago when I had a little reunion with an old group of high school buddies from back in the day.

You know what? Still fun as hell.

Others may disagree. But my opinion is it holds up. At least if you play with the right group of people.

Well it can be fun but if you actually try to play it super seriously it's not good. The controller is terrible now and the shooting is really bad. Don't get me wrong I loved golden eye and it changed gaming but yeah it's pretty bad now

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Goldeneye didn't even hold up in the 90s if you had a computer. Quake had already been out for a year by the time Goldeneye released.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Well it can be fun but if you actually try to play it super seriously it's not good. The controller is terrible now and the shooting is really bad. Don't get me wrong I loved golden eye and it changed gaming but yeah it's pretty bad now
it was a different type of control scheme that relied on auto aim, it is actually possible to get used to it again

I actually used to think that too about the controls. And thereare hacks to give it modern keyboard and mouse controls on emulator.

But yes time splitters 2 is far superior to goldeneye and it's the pinnacle of that type of fps.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I was really pumped a while back, but for some reason this trailer didn't capture me at all. Someone else mentioned that it looked a little bit linear, and I got that vibe as well. After comparing it to SM64/SMS, I was expecting to be hyped a little more after watching this. I don't know. I'm sure I'll still buy it when I get a Switch, but I just wasn't wowed by the trailer.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I was really pumped a while back, but for some reason this trailer didn't capture me at all. Someone else mentioned that it looked a little bit linear, and I got that vibe as well. After comparing it to SM64/SMS, I was expecting to be hyped a little more after watching this. I don't know. I'm sure I'll still buy it when I get a Switch, but I just wasn't wowed by the trailer.

It sounds even less linear than 64 or Sunshine.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
The first trailer released a few weeks ago I was not excited. That city level looked like junk to me. But now, it looks very Mario 64-ish to me with just some different levels. Will buy.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
It looks sooooooo good!

And apparently most of the costumes were seeing are mainly just aesthetic. I love that! I hate when outfits are very function specific.

Apparently the Mario Maker outfit is in there, and tons more! I want to see an Irish/Leperchaun style Mario!

I can't wait for this game! Nintendo is ****ing knocking it outta the park!

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
It looks sooooooo good!

And apparently most of the costumes were seeing are mainly just aesthetic. I love that! I hate when outfits are very function specific.

Apparently the Mario Maker outfit is in there, and tons more! I want to see an Irish/Leperchaun style Mario!

I can't wait for this game! Nintendo is ****ing knocking it outta the park!

That's one thing that bugged me about Zelda: BOTW. I don't mind having to wear warm gear in cold areas or something but give me a lot more choices. It was very annoying switching costumes all. the. time. in that game.

Also need a quest where the Gerudo just accept you for who you are instead of dressing up every single effing time! :laugh:

/rant

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Being able to take over things with your cap is going to be a huge leap forward. Nintendo is killing it with the new gameplay mechanics so far in this and BoTW.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
they've also incorporated the 2D platforming mechanic from Link Between Worlds.

Switch is going to be perpetually sold out through Christmas 2018.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
they've also incorporated the 2D platforming mechanic from Link Between Worlds.

Switch is going to be perpetually sold out through Christmas 2018.

I managed to find one today at retail, in Montreal. It's been very hard to find, I ended up fishing in the HTML of ebgames.ca's website to get the options to search for stock by store that they had removed, and managed to track one down.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
yeah, you just have to be lucky to find a Switch.

I randomly walked into a Target 2 weeks post launch and found 2 sitting there in the case. Have not seen one at that Target since then. Have come across 1 other one at a Walmart about 6 weeks ago randomly and Best Buy had a few up for sale on a Saturday last month, but that's about it in my location.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I found an easier way to do it.

Simplest way is to go on the EBGames.ca website, find the product code for the Nintendo Switch (from the URL), then go to another product and click the link to check stock in store. Change the URL to match the new product code.

They disabled the link on the Switch product page but you can still check for store stock and it is accurate, this is how I got mine today. They didn't want people to swarm the store every time one became available.

For example, in the Toronto area right now, there are units available at:
WOODBINE CENTRE 500 Rexdale Boulevard
E-COMMERCE ST2499 8995 AIRPORT ROAD
TORONTO EATON CENTRE 220 Yonge Street
CLARKSON CROSSING 960 Southdown Road
ERIN MILLS TOWN CENTRE 5100 Erin Mills Parkway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad