Super Mario Odyssey

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't know about the game as i need to see more, but god damn that song they used in the trailer is disgustingly catchy. I don't mean that in a negative way either.

I'm soured on Nintendo in a lot of ways recently, but imo they're still untouchable in terms of their music in games. Nobody comes close.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
For anyone who wants to see more gameplay, there is an hour and a half of gameplay available on their YouTube account spread across three videos that was streamed over the past few days. A few different areas and showed off a few more things about the game

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't know about the game as i need to see more, but god damn that song they used in the trailer is disgustingly catchy. I don't mean that in a negative way either.

I'm soured on Nintendo in a lot of ways recently, but imo they're still untouchable in terms of their music in games. Nobody comes close.

It really is insanely catchy

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Watched a few gameplay videos last night and I don't need to see any more. I am sold and want as little spoiled as possible.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Yeah I can't wait. Still shocked at the October release. Late October but still.

October release tells me this thing has been done for a while now. I am sure everyone expected, and nobody woulda complained if this fell into their traditional US Thanksgiving launch day.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
October release tells me this thing has been done for a while now. I am sure everyone expected, and nobody woulda complained if this fell into their traditional US Thanksgiving launch day.

Yeah watching the additional footage it definitely has had it's time in development and Nintendo polish. Love how they keep saying 64/Sunshine when talking about this game.

Would have been fine with the usual November/December release but it's awesome we will get it a little earlier. Nice early birthday present for myself.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I hope there is a Halloween themed world (& costume), what with the game coming out Halloween weekend.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Interesting to see all the crossover influences of this game. This game is really a mishmash

Mario 64, Mario 3d land, new and old super mario bros, link between worlds, even little things like the oxygen bar is the same as breath of the wild.

Sined

The AndroidBugler!
Jun 25, 2007
Got the chance to play the demo at E3 this year. The game was super fun.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
This game is going to sell a lot of consoles. Looks like they've done an excellent job

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Nintendo proving their IPs can still move hardware.

Are they though? I mean, the Wii U had lots of Nintendo IPs and it didn't sell squat.

I think the quality and appeal of the device they have created is being undersold. Frankly I hope Microsoft and Sony rip them off and create their own docking, hybrid console. I love being able to bring this thing with me everywhere i go.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Nintendo proving their IPs can still move hardware.

Doubt it. I think things are at a point where you don't just need strong IP, you also need strong hardware (strong in the sense that it compels people to buy it, not in actual power). Wii U is a great example of that.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Doubt it. I think things are at a point where you don't just need strong IP, you also need strong hardware (strong in the sense that it compels people to buy it, not in actual power). Wii U is a great example of that.

Zelda is a big reason for the Switch's early success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad