Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The whole team skated hard for the first time in a while. Oshie led the charge in that department in the first and everyone followed.

I kinda touched on this above, but the Caps skated hard as a team vs SJS, TO and Isles. I've said it all along and this late push solidifies my firm believe that the only thing that ailed the Caps this season was effort. Not system, not coaching, just effort. They made a decision as a team to no longer treat the regular season like it was the playoffs. Now they have a chance to go into the playoffs healthy and in relatively good shape, wear and tear wise. I think playing 24 playoff games last year taught them a lesson vs the past, being worn out by game 11 or 12.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
BTW, in the last month we've beaten the division leading SJS (5-1) the division leading Jets (3-1), and the division leading(at the time) Isles (3-1). We'll get three shots at division leading TB coming up, but we have shown we can get our effort in gear when playing good teams. 3 goals allowed in 3 games vs division leaders.

I like our defense.

Me too. We've come a long way from Pothier, Schultz, Salomonsson, Jurcina, Olesky, among many fringe players on defense. Since GMBM took charge, he fixed the immediate need on this team.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Yeah, the acquisitions have been money but it takes more than 2 people. The rest of the players have started doing all the little things right and less of the horrible mistakes that they made earlier. Credit for that, to the much maligned coaching staff.

Do we still have any people left on the "Fire TR, Cashman and Forsythe" wagon?

Was anyone that mattered ever really on it??

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Tuesday night should be fun.

I’m sure Gudbranson will be called into old man Rutherford’s office that morning where he will ask him to sit down and then slide a picture of Tom Wilson over to him.

Just as long as Wilson hits him cleanly, I won't mind. Sadly, I won't get to watch the game due to Blackout restrictions.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Winning streak. But all the teams they beat suck. We know the truth now. The Jets suck

To me they are a team that matches up well with the Caps. Of course they are my alternate team, however their size and lineup is pretty stout. I can see these two teams playing each other in the SCF. Caps win of course :). Made for a great March hockey game.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Good win, Copley played great, PK was great, good team D, Backi's line shut down Scheif/Laine/Wheeler line, 3rd and 4th lines were solid too
OV and Kuzy were the 2 worst out there for us, we won despite them

Titan6lie

Mar 11, 2019
Nah, Jets have had a lot of PPs and the Caps haven't had much going on offense, but they are limiting quality chances against.
Limiting quality chances?...breakaway Ehlers... breakaway Hayes...point blank back door Connor.....point blank back door Niku...questionable call on disallowed goal....count this a win for Copley. Not gonna win many 7 game series with that kinda hockey.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Limiting quality chances?...breakaway Ehlers... breakaway Hayes...point blank back door Connor.....point blank back door Niku...questionable call on disallowed goal....count this a win for Copley. Not gonna win many 7 game series with that kinda hockey.

Yeah, "limiting" does not mean "eliminating". The point was that the shots on goal total did not reflect how the game went -- not that the Jets didn't have their chances to win it.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Titan6lie

Mar 11, 2019
Point taken...but, Hellebuyck may have faced only 3 or 4 quality chances tonight with one breakaway....Copley faced at least 9 or 10 with 2 breakaways....so who gets credit for tonight's win? And, I don't trust this to play out in a 7 game series.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Some of us called this a long while ago....didn’t we, Sam?

Not quite twabby and Nick Jensen but still feels good to think how a well a player would fit back when he first got moved by the Pens, and then to see you were correct.

I'm just glad someone high up in the Caps organization reads these boards. ;)

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 10.10.33 AM.png

Also some of our posts do not age well. :laugh:

League News: - 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 2

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
I was there yesterday as is the norm for most regular and postseason games and it had a playoff atmosphere

Very good game last night glad they won. Caps had won 6 straight but 5 of them were against teams goin' nowhere. To beat a team like Winnipeg and grind out a tough win is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad