Summer Prediction: Does Jeff Blashill finish the 17/18 season as HC?

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
I like Tippett...Blashill can't go back-to-back years of missing the playoffs.

I actually want him to miss the playoffs. Sadly...

Reason being: high pick next year...and hopefully a new coach and Gm seat on the hot seat.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
I actually want him to miss the playoffs. Sadly...

Reason being: high pick next year...and hopefully a new coach and Gm seat on the hot seat.
Kenny is already on the hot seat, as he should have been since the 2014 season. Both need to be gone already for this franchise to ever have a hope at being respectable again.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
By the way my guess is what Jeff Blashill got out of Dylan Larkin at the Worlds probably has him in better standing with his bosses than he was at the end of the season.

Unfortunately DeKeyser was still trash for team USA at the tournament.
USA was up and down at the tournament. After blowing the first game against Germany they dominated the group stage with exception of the Sweden game where certain calls clearly favoured USA which helped them claw back into the game. In the KO stage they lost to the Fins which was a MASSIVE dissapointment.

Yup, afterall Larkin led the defeat against the Fins. He literally had the most ice-time out of any player for team USA and failed to deliver when it was needed. Even played 7 minutes more than Eichel. Yes he had a few dominant games mostly against weak opposition. However, he couldn't deliver in a pressure situation against an sub-NHL caliber team.

He also had what 3 empty net points to pad his stats? Sorry, but that don't colour me impressed.

At least this time it wasn't Abdelkader who blatantly cost team USA the game with his second charging penalty of the game. I wonder if his suspension expired yet.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
he wont get fired unless there's a stud coach floating around they need/want to pick up.

Blash is the coach you use until you're ready to be a contender. If we're not a contender right now, there's no point in really coach jumping. Again, unless there's someone avail out of no where.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad