Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Not so sure on Ottawa, they gotta move an OA goalie (Maybe Kingston) but will be tough this time of year to get proper value. Do you let Stonehouse walk for nothing? No depth, specially down the middle. I see tinkering vs All In.
On the other hand, I see Bulldogs taking a chance on a weak Eastern Conference.

Not so sure on Ottawa, they gotta move an OA goalie (Maybe Kingston) but will be tough this time of year to get proper value. Do you let Stonehouse walk for nothing? No depth, specially down the middle. I see tinkering vs All In.
On the other hand, I see Bulldogs taking a chance on a weak Eastern Conference.
Glad I'm not the only one thinking this as well then. I have a feeling that the Bulldogs are going to make some noise at the deadline and possibly be that surprise team

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Other than the opening shift which doesn't surprise me with that line starting the game. They should never start that line in the game. Some guys have jump. Villy is skating. Musty won't do anything standing around waiting for a pass. Always has to circle back because he is never in motion. On an offensive draw McCallum's only one he won that period Musty didn't pick up the puck and London player is able to easily skate out of the zone. Why line up at a face off draw Musty if you won't move. Man the coaching has to point these issues out.

WJ

Last edited:

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Other than the opening shift which doesn't surprise me with that line starting the game. They should never start that line in the game. Some guys have jump. Villy is skating. Musty won't do anything standing around waiting for a pass. Always has to circle back because he is never in motion. On an offensive draw McCallum's only one he won that period Musty didn't pick up the puck and London player is able to easily skate out of the zone. Why line up at a face off draw Musty if you won't move. Man the coaching has to point these issues up.

WJ
Regarding musty, he who who he is. This won't change. You can say the same for some other players. Who knows if he returns next season but they'll probably have a new coach who can teach different things. They'll probably be a young team nex season.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
My biggest concern as a Wolves fan is how much faith I have in Paps having the ability to make the right moves before the dead line to make this team a true contender. Dario knows nothing about hockey so what pressure does he put on Paps for success. We may have to face reality and come to the conclusion that we may have to start over fresh next season with a complete overhaul. Could you just imagine the return we would get if we were to sell. Focus on putting the right people in place to properly run an organization. What do others think, hate to see the future dull end by the lack of efficiency with the present people in place.

NorthernBridge7

Dec 26, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Small sample size on Vandenberg but I like his battle & compete in the net - time will tell if he can take the No.1 job for us. I think he's been good/decent so far.

I've always been a fan of Chucky but things are not looking good for him. I think he's a good goalie but he hasn't performed this year. This is ultimately on him, but it is also tough to build confidence when you have a short leash. He had such a good run last year until they brought in Brassard.

I was fine with the early pull last night. Couple soft goals & they felt putting Vandy in the net gave them the best chance to win that game given the circumstances.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
My biggest concern as a Wolves fan is how much faith I have in Paps having the ability to make the right moves before the dead line to make this team a true contender. Dario knows nothing about hockey so what pressure does he put on Paps for success. We may have to face reality and come to the conclusion that we may have to start over fresh next season with a complete overhaul. Could you just imagine the return we would get if we were to sell. Focus on putting the right people in place to properly run an organization. What do others think, hate to see the future dull end by the lack of efficiency with the present people in place.
Dario will tell you his first love is basketball.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
you should take a job has a soap opera writer.

Reactions: Wisdom

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Regarding musty, he who who he is. This won't change. You can say the same for some other players. Who knows if he returns next season but they'll probably have a new coach who can teach different things. They'll probably be a young team nex season.
If the wolves are unwilling to pay for a real coach this year, not sure why they would next year. I think we're stuck with ken until the new arena.

Reactions: justawolfan

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Remember that song from the Wizard of Oz…”If we only had a powerplay…. if we can’t fix that, we’re all hoping for nothing. Night and day difference between the powerplays, which is pretty much always the case! It’s so pathetic it’s sad.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
I don't know what you guys are talking about there is nothing wrong with this feed :laugh::laugh::laugh:
1702846790072.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad