Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
This was completely predictable.

This idiotic franchise can never figure it out.

And what the hell is the plan here. Ken comes back next season and the season after. How stupid are these guys.

Habs0101

Mar 17, 2017
Since Zulich took over we've had one relatively highly touted coach in Stillman, one great coach who we got because he was a hometown guy just fired from an NHL job in MacKenzie, and then a bunch of bargain bin shopping.

I strongly believe Zulich is too cheap to be spending on two coaches, he won't look to pay another guy. I hope I'll be proven wrong.
That's all that it comes down to, $. I believe that Duncanson is still getting paid, so Sleepy Ken slides in cheap. (with unlimited supply of timbits!)

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I think the season was a lost cause from the announcement of the leadership group. They needed a player who led by example with their on ice effort with the C, rather then the high draft picks on the ice.

If you watch closely guys like Toure, Delic, Collins are the ones being vocal on the ice.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Musty suspended, Coughland likely suspended, DeAngellis hurt, Toure possibly hurt now too. Going to be pulling fans from the stands to play Friday. May not be a bad thing.

Edit: Toure back out on the ice atleast.

TheRailBird2

Oct 4, 2023
Musty suspended, Coughland likely suspended, DeAngellis hurt, Toure possibly hurt now too. Going to be pulling fans from the stands to play Friday. May not be a bad thing.

Edit: Toure back out on the ice atleast.
And DeAngelis as well. So they both seem to have avoided injuries at least.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
stinker game, put it away and move on. I don't recall seeing McCallum in third period?

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
stinker game, put it away and move on. I don't recall seeing McCallum in third period?
Putting these games away like they never happened isn’t the answer. Quite the opposite. Every second of that loss needs to be analyzed to figure out WTF is happening here. Ownership/Accountability/Teaching/Reflection and Improvement needs to occur now.

Reactions: Muskyslayer

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Putting these games away like they never happened isn’t the answer. Quite the opposite. Every second of that loss needs to be analyzed to figure out WTF is happening here. Ownership/Accountability/Teaching/Reflection and Improvement needs to occur now.
Imploding!!! There is no fixing this until changes are made in many areas. They are two steps behind the play and puck watching instead of picking up their man. So many mistakes I just don’t know if they are being taught or are they tuning the coaches out. Paps needs to figure this out.

WJ

cub

Apr 11, 2012

learn from it and move on, during the course of the season this happens to all OHL teams, let's see how they respond.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
learn from it and move on, during the course of the season this happens to all OHL teams, let's see how they respond.
I thought tonight’s game was the response from Sunday’s beat down? No? Eye Test. Eye Test. Oh boy, if you wanna throw in some analytics and special team stats and suspensions. What is really gonna change in next 48hrs??? I’m a positive fan on this board but for the first time I’m really concerned.

Bardownbeauty

Mar 1, 2016
Dvorsky’s body language said it all.
Captain takes a slashing penalty behind the play and Dvorsky skating to the bench shaking his head in disbelief (or
maybe disgust.)

Reactions: Wiserbud

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Change should start with the architect of this mess, but it won’t. I still can’t believe he was not fired immediately after the 2nd pick of the 2022 draft.

There is not a winner on the roster. Trading for Mayer & Beck may be only option at this point.

Wolves fan

Nov 7, 2021
Why is everyone so hard on our captain. He as 3 penalty this year. Was Ross and Holmes vocal on the ice when they were captain ?? I don’t remember people on here complaining about them. What about Musty in the first period. I bet he woulld like to forget that period. What about Dvorski does he really look like a 10th nhl pick. Remember they are kids. They still have lots to learn. You can’t just blame 1 player

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I thought tonight’s game was the response from Sunday’s beat down? No? Eye Test. Eye Test. Oh boy, if you wanna throw in some analytics and special team stats and suspensions. What is really gonna change in next 48hrs??? I’m a positive fan on this board but for the first time I’m really concerned.
keep the faith and stay positive, to early to panic. I feel come trade deadline moves will be made to address the team needs.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Why is everyone so hard on our captain. He as 3 penalty this year. Was Ross and Holmes vocal on the ice when they were captain ?? I don’t remember people on here complaining about them. What about Musty in the first period. I bet he woulld like to forget that period. What about Dvorski does he really look like a 10th nhl pick. Remember they are kids. They still have lots to learn. You can’t just blame 1 player
Dvorsky definitely the real deal, not sure what you're watching. I agree Goyette getting alot heat on here, I respect him he wanted to come to Sudbury, and is not the problem, are most consistent player most nights.

Reactions: CTrain10

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Actually, it seems any player on the team can be blamed except one that happens to be the captain.
I think he is not a good centre, and should be part of a second scoring line with Delic and Konyen. That is not placing blame. It is stating my opinion of a limited player.

Last edited:

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
keep the faith and stay positive, to early to panic. I feel come trade deadline moves will be made to address the team needs.

They need a big time response this Friday at home in front of a packed barn and Sunday on the road against North Bay. That's two pathetic performances in a row against Brantford and the Soo. Let's see if they can snap out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad