Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
Good game tonight!! Contributions from every line and Vondras played well enough for me tonight, I’ll forgive the 2 goals he gave up to the colts in the slot, he still needs work no doubt about it.

Another poster has already mentioned it but I would also like to see Vandenberg and Krawchuk get the next 2 starts as well just to keep everyone fresh for the playoffs and to make there case for who should play the majority of the games.

Also real excited to hear about Drake Berehowsky, I do think that he can come in and turn our defensive wowes around, does he have enough time to do that before game 4 of the playoffs? Only time will tell I suppose, but I think that it’s a great hire, and as another poster has already called, I too believe that he will be your head coach going forward next year.

Exciting times in Wolvesland,
On to Niagara,

Go Wolves Go!!

Last edited:

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I believe the wolves potential playoff opponents are down to Brantford, Mississauga and Ottawa? Not sure I particularly like any of those, I guess Ottawa would be preferable.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Bottom line Wolves lost control of their fate to win the Eastern Conference and Central Division. It should piss them off. It was completely in control and completely choked away. It becomes a tougher path to begin the playoffs with the potential of losing home ice. If Wolves can secure 4 points the rest of this weekend they will regain home ice advantage for the 1st round. At this point it doesn't matter who the Wolves face 1st round. Whether it be home or away. In the end they gotta be the last team standing in the Eastern Conference come playoffs (ala 2007). The pressure should be on this Wolves team. They are the oldest team in the Eastern Conference, and the Eastern Conference is relatively weak this year. If Wolves get their act together and one of the goalies step up, I don't think teams are looking forward to playing this Wolves team. Villeneuve is an Xfactor player for this team when he returns for playoffs

Last edited:
Reactions: yalbmert25

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Goyette appears he should win the Scoring title, now 3 points up on Romani. Goyette has two games remaining and Romani as one game. Sgarbossa is last Wolf to win a scoring title.

Musty moved in the top 5. And Dvorsky at 13 th spot.

imagine without injuries, and having Dvorsky in beginning of the year I think would've guaranteed 3 Wolves in the top 3.

Insane the scoring talent on this team.

Reactions: Wiserbud

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Goyette appears he should win the Scoring title, now 3 points up on Romani. Goyette has two games remaining and Romani as one game. Sgarbossa is last Wolf to win a scoring title.

imagine without injuries, and having Dvorsky in beginning of the year I think would've guaranteed 3 Wolves in the top 3.

Can I get a howl yea🤗

Reactions: Wiserbud

Habs0101

Mar 17, 2017

And still finish 5 in the conference!
Imagine!!

cub

Apr 11, 2012
And still finish 5 in the conference!
Imagine!!
season not over yet. I think Wolves end up higher than 5th. I agree we should have won this conference, team defence reflects on coaching, goaltending and suspensions caused slipping in the standing. Expectations haven't been met.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
season not over yet. I think Wolves end up higher than 5th. I agree we should have won this conference, team defence reflects on coaching, goaltending and suspensions caused slipping in the standing. Expectations haven't been met.
the forwards deserve some credit for team defence as well

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Hopefully, Berehowsky is part of the solution; last time around, we had a lot of high-draft pick d-men(Cummins, Lalonde, Bourque all come to mind) who were pretty massive disappointments.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Hopefully, Berehowsky is part of the solution; last time around, we had a lot of high-draft pick d-men(Cummins, Lalonde, Bourque all come to mind) who were pretty massive disappointments.
Though some teams probably did well, there were some weak drafts that the wolves were trying to rebuild through. The class of '94 born sticks with me because the spitfires chose to rebuild the rebuild despite having three '94-1st picks on the roster. That must have sucked for spits fans
...the Petes have three '07-1sts :0

Reactions: djscooter

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Trip Musty into the boards after he scores, no penalty, then the same thing happens in the wolves end, but during play and the wolves get a penalty. Ohl refs commit wage theft every night.

Now fedekow slashes the goalie, no call. Collins crosscheck a him in retaliation, off to the box.

Joke.

If Goyette had better finishing ability I feel like he could easily have 60 goals this year

Reactions: CTrain10

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Kudos to the ref for getting in the way and causing a turnover. Really should just give him a Niagara jersey at this point.

Pretty nonexistant showing after 1. First line is getting its chances. Second line of Giroux, Dvorsky and McCallum has been absolutely horrendous. Maybe they try to shuffle the 2nd and 3rd lines around a bit for the next period.

Di Giantommaso continues to look solid, Clayton has been decent as well, but his skating does not seem up to par

Will also say, team needs to realize the playoffs start days from now, a game against Niagara should not be a struggle...

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Delic continues to be on fire. Not bad for a guy some folks in this thread were calling a third line center.

I think at this point you keep that top line intact heading into the playoffs with Musty Delic Goyette. Their chemistry is undeniable, always has been. Hard line to shut down.

Reactions: djscooter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA