Sudbury Wolves 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Guess Philly decided they did not want him coached by a bad CIS hockey coach.
I have to agree with this and the fact we are probably sending Thompson at the deadline and in a rebuild year. All those factors resulted in this decision. Then Money too!

WJ

Reactions: howlman

bigtimefan

Sep 23, 2015
I have to agree with this and the fact we are probably sending Thompson at the deadline and in a rebuild year. All those factors resulted in this decision. Then Money too!

WJ
Definitely has everything to do with money, not much to do with coach or Sudbury, i think, he's choosing to go to a deep pro Finland team for$$$ where he might struggle for ice time, he would have had a lot of ice time in a good league with very good European players, and along with Thompson traded to a contender for deep playoff run at deadline, his choice, time to move on, i was really hoping he'd pick Sudbury too.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Definitely has everything to do with money, not much to do with coach or Sudbury, i think, he's choosing to go to a deep pro Finland team for$$$ where he might struggle for ice time, he would have had a lot of ice time in a good league with very good European players, and along with Thompson traded to a contender for deep playoff run at deadline, his choice, time to move on, i was really hoping he'd pick Sudbury too.
Yup time to move on! Flyers suck anyway!

WJ

Reactions: bigtimefan

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
If it was about money, no import player would ever report to the OHL.

I’m sure the flyers are spending their time evaluating our coaches and choosing to say their prospect can’t possibly develop here. That makes much more sense then money in Tuomaala’s pocket.

All situations are different. This one feels like it’s about money. Not all players will. I didn’t generalize my statement, I was writing about this situation with this player. He’s already drafted. Of course some players will see the benefits of playing in North America. This guy didn’t. I think the flyers would prefer him in Sudbury to be honest. I think the agent and player disagree. Nothing to back that up. Just assumptions

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Oh well good for him! Recall Filatov with the same intentions. Better save your money dude lol. I guess Paps couldn’t get Pekka to help us on this one.

WJ

Classic Filatov and McFarland days lol. Sudbury not far out of another top pick. And also can be only 1 point back of North Bay after this weekend with two wins against them. Still so early. All I want to see is a contender built for 2023/24. Is that too much to ask Jack lol

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Classic Filatov and McFarland days lol. Sudbury not far out of another top pick. And also can be only 1 point back of North Bay after this weekend with two wins against them. Still so early. All I want to see is a contender built for 2023/24. Is that too much to ask Jack lol

We have some of the worst luck as a franchise!

In my memory bank;

-The Coleman no goal in OT vs Owen Sound. Then Perry scores for OS to take us out of the playoffs on home ice. What a blow that was.

-Then I recall the year we had Fisher stick with the Sens as a 19 year old only to break his leg and end his season in October. Another blow!!!

-Then I recall the NYI keeping Taylor Pyatt. We had Kip Brennan return to us that year from the AHL. That screwed us over from having a very deep roster. Thanks Milbury you jerk!

-Then I recall having a great year and the Wolves make a blockbuster sending Wideman to London for Kelly and Jancevski. Wolves up 3-0 to St.Mikes. Then the lights go out in the old barn at St. Mikes on purpose or not. But it literally turned the series when Gough knocked out our tough guy. Cant recall who. Then the players quit on Templeton and we lose 4 straight. Wolves out in the first round huge upset as we were expected to contend. Mike Smith also let in a lousy goal.

-Then we lose to Plymouth. Staal, McQuaid, Foligno, D'Aversa, Donati, Still, Didiomete, Dias etc... Neal, Steisto and Ball ran us out in game 6 at home when we could of taken the OHL crown.

-Then Filatov doesn't report on a season we had a deep roster and the Wolves wanted to get Didiomete back from Sarnia as an OA. But none of that happens cause Filatov snubbed us. Thanks Columbus.

-Then Kuchin, Levio and Sgarbossa the most dynamic line. Took it to Ottawa. But we couldn't take it in round 2. Just wasn't deep enough but beating Ottawa in firecracker hockey made me very happy as they were quite cocky.

-Then the trade for Faska and Carrick the year we had Crisp, Pancel, Campagna, Baptiste, Raine, Capobianco and Palazeese. We gave Leblanc and Kubalik and the trade hurt us more than did us good. And the picks we lost also hurt us. Faska was a huge disappointment and didn't want to be here or played like he didn't. The Wolves brass broke up the hot line of Pance/Campagna/Baptiste to satisfy Faska to play with Crisp/Bapitiste. The chemistry didn't work and the 2/3 of the big line prior to Christmas faltered the rest of the season. Wolves go out easily in the first round. We paid dearly for years with those trades as Leblanc haunted us with Mississauga for two more years. And the picks we gave up for Carrick and Faska as well left the cupboard really bare for an early exit.

-The we finally turn the corner after three years of bad teams. Sokolov emerges and we trade him away and score by finishing last and we get Q first overall. Murray, Phillips, Pilons, Carson etc... for two season and then we go into March the year expecting to have a decent run and then make a big splash the following season with Q leading the way. Covid hits. We lose out on seeing Q, Murray, Phillips, Robinson, Hutch, Thompson, Ross, the imports Dichow etc... We miss out on probably the biggest year as an OHL franchise. Was looking forward a huge season. We were going to push for a championship! Screw COVID it definitely screwed the WOLVES.

-Now we enter this season. Some good picks from the two drafts however no Imports! No extra 19 or 20 year olds make their way back. Phillips year in AHL helped him to sign, as well as Murray. Icing on the cake today with Tuomaala snubbing us. Just the way things have rolled in Sudbury.

So YES I too want to see a contender but I worry at what bad luck we will get for the 23/24 season. Maybe a reason I always want to see us put a team together that can compete every season.

WJ

cub

Apr 11, 2012

Yes if Filatov would have done some time in the OHL I believe it would have helped his NHL career he wanted to jump to the NHL right away. It would have been something in having Filatov and McFarland in Sudbury as rookies to start their careers.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009

In my memory bank;

-The Coleman no goal in OT vs Owen Sound. Then Perry scores for OS to take us out of the playoffs on home ice. What a blow that was.

-Then I recall the year we had Fisher stick with the Sens as a 19 year old only to break his leg and end his season in October. Another blow!!!

-Then I recall the NYI keeping Taylor Pyatt. We had Kip Brennan return to us that year from the AHL. That screwed us over from having a very deep roster. Thanks Milbury you jerk!

-Then I recall having a great year and the Wolves make a blockbuster sending Wideman to London for Kelly and Jancevski. Wolves up 3-0 to St.Mikes. Then the lights go out in the old barn at St. Mikes on purpose or not. But it literally turned the series when Gough knocked out our tough guy. Cant recall who. Then the players quit on Templeton and we lose 4 straight. Wolves out in the first round huge upset as we were expected to contend. Mike Smith also let in a lousy goal.

-Then we lose to Plymouth. Staal, McQuaid, Foligno, D'Aversa, Donati, Still, Didiomete, Dias etc... Neal, Steisto and Ball ran us out in game 6 at home when we could of taken the OHL crown.

-Then Filatov doesn't report on a season we had a deep roster and the Wolves wanted to get Didiomete back from Sarnia as an OA. But none of that happens cause Filatov snubbed us. Thanks Columbus.

-Then Kuchin, Levio and Sgarbossa the most dynamic line. Took it to Ottawa. But we couldn't take it in round 2. Just wasn't deep enough but beating Ottawa in firecracker hockey made me very happy as they were quite cocky.

-Then the trade for Faska and Carrick the year we had Crisp, Pancel, Campagna, Baptiste, Raine, Capobianco and Palazeese. We gave Leblanc and Kubalik and the trade hurt us more than did us good. And the picks we lost also hurt us. Faska was a huge disappointment and didn't want to be here or played like he didn't. The Wolves brass broke up the hot line of Pance/Campagna/Baptiste to satisfy Faska to play with Crisp/Bapitiste. The chemistry didn't work and the 2/3 of the big line prior to Christmas faltered the rest of the season. Wolves go out easily in the first round. We paid dearly for years with those trades as Leblanc haunted us with Mississauga for two more years. And the picks we gave up for Carrick and Faska as well left the cupboard really bare for an early exit.

-The we finally turn the corner after three years of bad teams. Sokolov emerges and we trade him away and score by finishing last and we get Q first overall. Murray, Phillips, Pilons, Carson etc... for two season and then we go into March the year expecting to have a decent run and then make a big splash the following season with Q leading the way. Covid hits. We lose out on seeing Q, Murray, Phillips, Robinson, Hutch, Thompson, Ross, the imports Dichow etc... We miss out on probably the biggest year as an OHL franchise. Was looking forward a huge season. We were going to push for a championship! Screw COVID it definitely screwed the WOLVES.

-Now we enter this season. Some good picks from the two drafts however no Imports! No extra 19 or 20 year olds make their way back. Phillips year in AHL helped him to sign, as well as Murray. Icing on the cake today with Tuomaala snubbing us. Just the way things have rolled in Sudbury.

So YES I too want to see a contender but I worry at what bad luck we will get for the 23/24 season. Maybe a reason I always want to see us put a team together that can compete every season.

PS...almost forgot. The baby Burgess years was a bad scene and added to our luck lol

WJ

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

lit will take trading both Thompson & Stillman resulting in back to back to back lottery picks surpass both Niagara & NB for 2023-24 imo. I’d rather the wolves take a shot at the central next season and worry about what comes of the east when the time comes next season

Habs0101

Mar 17, 2017

In my memory bank;

WJ
Add in the Connor Burgess career

Reactions: WolvesFan

Habs0101

Mar 17, 2017

In my memory bank;

WJ
1995 playoffs vs Detroit league finals. Game 6 at home up 3-2 in series. Jason Bonsignore benched for the entire game and we lose Game 6 by one goal and get blown out in game 7 in Detroit

bigtimefan

Sep 23, 2015

In my memory bank;

WJ
I agree with bad luck and that it looks like we can have a very good team in 23-24, I'm more worried about GM than bad luck tho, we had three euros and none showed up this year, the rest of the moves he makes this year will show me if he can build a true contending team, planning and vision is important, the Hunters are always thinking of next year and year after with plenty of picks in the cupboard.

bigtimefan

Sep 23, 2015
Liiga >> OHL to be fair
Well ya, Ligga ia a mens pro league, but they're not going to give a 18 year old premium ice time just because he was drafted second round by flyers, Ohl is a good league, if it wasn't, there wouldn't be any euro's here, not sure about west, but in east it seems every team has a good euro except Sudbury, I guess Barrie's euro player, Colorados first round pick, prefers playing quality minutes in Ohl than practicing with a pro mens team, to each their own, I believe he followed the money, wish him luck, but I will be checking on him to see how much he plays.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
In 14 games the Wolves have played 9 games on the road. The best teams in the OHL have had a long stretch of games at home and I think that’s just what the team needs. Let’s be honest it has been a tough schedule so far for the Wolves.

Reactions: Wisdom and cub

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
2022-2023 wolves

Musty - Goyette - Stillman
Larmand - Delic - Konyen
Derbridge - Assadourian - Simpson
DeGrazia (OA) - McCallum - x

D. Robinson (OA) - Anania
Hoover - Mania
Larkin - Bishop
x - P. Robinson
x - Collins
x - Cochrane

Lemaire (OA)
Rossi

we have a great young team, they will only improve as this season goes and next year they should be really good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad