Sudbury Wolves 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
But when they say indefinite for Carson is that saying he can't play in the O anymore or they just haven't made a ruling on the length?

Probably a couple of games to start next season. Similar to Pez in last year’s playoff, I’d guess

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
But when they say indefinite for Carson is that saying he can't play in the O anymore or they just haven't made a ruling on the length?

Bonehead move by Carson. Worthy of a suspension just for embarrassing himself. It was nonsense to skate half way across the ice to fight someone who was not interested in fighting. I didn't understand the point. Maybe some things are said on the ice that were accumulating and he had enough but you need to maintain professionalism and take a number and make next October your time to prove something.

Anyway the suspension will be announced when the league decides to review it which I'm sure is at the bottom of the list of things to do since the Wolves are shinning up the golf clubs. In due time an additional 3 games on top of the 2 he served will be around the going rate for a first time aggressor fighting call on a young player. Hope Carson learns from this and picks his spots better next season. As for the Pilons I think it was more disguised and had more of a willing dance partner. His suspension is due to the fact of having too many fighting majors.

We move onward from this season now and prepare for an exciting OHL priority draft where the Wolves pick #1 and have a pick in the 2nd and 3rd round early enough that they should land some very intriguing players.

WJ

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Bonehead move by Carson. Worthy of a suspension just for embarrassing himself. It was nonsense to skate half way across the ice to fight someone who was not interested in fighting. I didn't understand the point. Maybe some things are said on the ice that were accumulating and he had enough but you need to maintain professionalism and take a number and make next October your time to prove something.

Anyway the suspension will be announced when the league decides to review it which I'm sure is at the bottom of the list of things to do since the Wolves are shinning up the golf clubs. In due time an additional 3 games on top of the 2 he served will be around the going rate for a first time aggressor fighting call on a young player. Hope Carson learns from this and picks his spots better next season. As for the Pilons I think it was more disguised and had more of a willing dance partner. His suspension is due to the fact of having too many fighting majors.

We move onward from this season now and prepare for an exciting OHL priority draft where the Wolves pick #1 and have a pick in the 2nd and 3rd round early enough that they should land some very intriguing players.

WJ

Yep, very exciting time. Look forward to reading a tweet stating Mr. Byfield has committed to the Sudbury Wolves as the number one pick in the 2018 OHL draft. Yes sir.....

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
WJ does this a lot better but lemme try:

How many roster spots are open for next season?

I have these two gentlemen on the bubble cracking next years lineup (perhaps released). Perhaps one or two from the backend?

Baker, Dawson
Gilhula, Owen

Byfield gets a spot, and the next two picks s well? Depending on T/C performance.

A new import?

A player from U18?

Might be more moves than we think come Sept.

Thoughts.

Northey

Mar 10, 2018

I have these two gentlemen on the bubble cracking next years lineup (perhaps released). Perhaps one or two from the backend?

Baker, Dawson
Gilhula, Owen

Byfield gets a spot, and the next two picks s well? Depending on T/C performance.

A new import?

A player from U18?

Thoughts.
Sorry not me I say Mcconville and Gilhula .

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017

WJ
I find your comments very odd about Carson. If you don't know what caused the fight then maybe you should not pass judgement. Coaches need to bear some of the responsibility as clearly the green light was on where the fighting was concerned.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Time for a culture change. Take Byfield and force his hand. Cant keep bowing out for a lesser player.
Agree totally. Sudbury has to take the best player. If this kid refuses to report then the OHL needs to make some serious changes or the draft is a farce.

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014

Baker, Dawson
Gilhula, Owen

A new import?

A player from U18?

Thoughts.

Exactly.... when you factor McConville, Baker and Gilhula... there is certainly upside in my view with McConville & Baker which equals value.... (What happened to the 'edge' Baker had early in the season?). In my view, package all three to someone for a body or picks. Works for me.

It will certainly be a competitive camp, with three high picks, and the likes of Siau looking to burst into the line-up. I'm not up to date on what any of our other draft choices from prior years have done to possibly make the jump too. Will also be interesting with the top pick in the U18 and 3rd pick in the import .... And in my dream of dreams... Emberson and or Samuelsson report....

Interesting.

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
What caused the fight?
I had a great view of what occurred, and I do have to say I had a "whoa" moment there. No idea what triggered it, but as they set up at the face off circle, Carson was chirping away at a couple of players, and they weren't saying a word at that point. I think they know he was more than a little pissed. The player he chose to fight had quite the look of surprise as Carson approached, initially wanting nothing to do with it, and then feeling he had no choice but to defend himself when Carson started swinging away .. in fury. Carson was pissed, so I 'think' something had set him off because you don't 'lose it' like that unless there was a trigger. I just have no idea what it was, and in the post-game Carson did seem pleased with himself and stated he gave the opposing player 'no choice'..... I liked his passion, but yeah, it should be a suspension.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Exactly.... when you factor McConville, Baker and Gilhula... there is certainly upside in my view with McConville & Baker which equals value.... (What happened to the 'edge' Baker had early in the season?). In my view, package all three to someone for a body or picks. Works for me.

It will certainly be a competitive camp, with three high picks, and the likes of Siau looking to burst into the line-up. I'm not up to date on what any of our other draft choices from prior years have done to possibly make the jump too. Will also be interesting with the top pick in the U18 and 3rd pick in the import .... And in my dream of dreams... Emberson and or Samuelsson report....

Interesting.

McConville- my thing is yes some upside however we as fans are looking upgrades in area's. Speed,skill etc. What line would he play on. Forth, again?

He has to fight for a job, tough position for him and a few others. There will be some unhappy kids at the end of camp next season.

Good post.

Northey

Mar 10, 2018
I had a great view of what occurred, and I do have to say I had a "whoa" moment there. No idea what triggered it, but as they set up at the face off circle, Carson was chirping away at a couple of players, and they weren't saying a word at that point. I think they know he was more than a little pissed. The player he chose to fight had quite the look of surprise as Carson approached, initially wanting nothing to do with it, and then feeling he had no choice but to defend himself when Carson started swinging away .. in fury. Carson was pissed, so I 'think' something had set him off because you don't 'lose it' like that unless there was a trigger. I just have no idea what it was, and in the post-game Carson did seem pleased with himself and stated he gave the opposing player 'no choice'..... I liked his passion, but yeah, it should be a suspension.
I wonder if it had anything to do with contact to the linesman?

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010

Thanks

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Awe yes, add him to my list with the other two :)

Can you not get someone younger with more upside than Baker?

I like Baker's game, remember this was his rookie season, I feel he will only get better, next season will be true test. He plays a two way game, can play on PK, Shutdown guy, and chip in offensively.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
I like Baker's game, remember this was his rookie season, I feel he will only get better, next season will be true test. He plays a two way game, can play on PK, Shutdown guy, and chip in offensively.

Fair enough. So he's 19 this year? Where do you play him?

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015

Interesting.
Both Sudbury and Flint should have some good additions. If I am not mistaken, Sudbury should have:

Round 1.....(1st pick overall)
Round 2.....(29th pick overall)
Round 3.....(46th pick overall)
---Plus your other picks
---Import Draft.....(3rd overall pick)

Flint should get the 2nd overall, 22nd, and 45th overall picks in the first three rounds and the 6th overall Import pick. Should be great competion over the summer and fall for both of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad