Sudbury Wolves 2017 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Hughes will fast track to the NHL, so if he would report next season how long would you actually have him. Play it save, Morgan, Murray , Bertuzzi, Clarke. We will surely get one. To obtain a second you would want it 1 thru 10 and that would cost us our 3rd and 2 fourths.

A little steep

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Not steep for a second 2 days before the draft 20 thru 30 is what would make sense in obtaining. Who is going to cough that up when player trades can not be made. We have kids on the sidelines ready to make the jump and a major draft coming up. Watching the tournament last week their are some nice players on that rebel team. Can't forget Dawson Baker from 2016 draft. He would be as good as any second rounder this draft. Have to make room for him this year or he will be gone for sure.

Last edited:

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Not steep for a second 2 days before the draft 20 thru 30 is what would make sense in obtaining. Who is going to cough that up when player trades can not be made. We have kids on the sidelines ready to make the jump and a major draft coming up. Watching the tournament last week their are some nice players on that rebel team.

Good stuff

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Not steep for a second 2 days before the draft 20 thru 30 is what would make sense in obtaining. Who is going to cough that up when player trades can not be made. We have kids on the sidelines ready to make the jump and a major draft coming up. Watching the tournament last week their are some nice players on that rebel team. Can't forget Dawson Baker from 2016 draft. He would be as good as any second rounder this draft. Have to make room for him this year or he will be gone for sure.

Plenty of depth at forward, with them surely adding another high end forward with the 7th overall pick. But the prospect pipeline for d-men is empty and they really only have 3-4 returning d-men.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

I agree. Obtaining a 3rd or 4th (Flint has four?) is more realistic.
Baker is already signed, is he not?

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Brandon Coe (C/RW)
Teams with early picks will have tough choices, it seems. Coe could still be there if NB chooses any other similary ranked player.

Coe supposedly wont report to North Bay...so Im unsure if hed report here either

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Brandon Coe (C/RW)
Teams with early picks will have tough choices, it seems. Coe could still be there if NB chooses any other similary ranked player.

I like it Dirty...book it. I don't think the wolves have issues with players showing up versus N.B. Excited for tomorrow.

Last edited:

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Its official now, Suzuki is going first overall to Barrie. Current speculation about Sudbury's pick is all over the map with Clarke, Porco, Morgan and even Hughes being talked about. IMO, you don't pick Hughes unless 1) you know he' s coming here or 2) you know he's coming to the OHL but not the Wolves. If you have to wait two years for him, forget it. Picking him is a good way to recoup all the draft picks the Wolves don't currently have and need to do a proper build but only if you know for certain he's looking at a specific team.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Wolves make a minor deal with Hamilton.

Sudbury Wolves have traded a fifth-round pick in 2018, originally Owen Sound's, to Hamilton for a sixth-rounder in tomorrow's draft.

Last edited:

BostonOz

Sep 22, 2013
Odd trade for the Wolves seeing as many believe it is not an overly deep draft so not sure on the logic looking at this trade at first glance. It feels like we lost the trade unless I am missing something.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Odd trade for the Wolves seeing as many believe it is not an overly deep draft so not sure on the logic looking at this trade at first glance. It feels like we lost the trade unless I am missing something.

Different reports on the net re: depth of draft. I don't mind that move.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

I've read some scouts and GMs will have players rated for round two while others will those same players rated for round eight in this year's priority draft. Branch must feel like some players will 'fall through the cracks'

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
A RW would have been idea; but, Coe & Clarke were gone.
Based on scouting reports, I like the pick too. I can see him slotted at LW with Bulitka and Gihula; unless, Carson is moved back to LW. Either way, I think two or three of Lane, Dunda, Valentini, the twins, & LWs from the previous draft will be moved because the wolves will need Baker at RW and a D. Of those, I'm hoping Lane and Dunda stay.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
A RW would have been idea; but, Coe & Clarke were gone.
Based on scouting reports, I like the pick too. I can see him slotted at LW with Bulitka and Gihula; unless, Carson is moved back to LW. Either way, I think two or three of Lane, Dunda, Valentini, the twins, & LWs from the previous draft will be moved because the wolves will need Baker at RW and a D. Of those, I'm hoping Lane and Dunda stay.

Dunda? For what reason? The wolves can find better than Dunda . No more settling for less on this team.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Happy with Murray. Missy used their compensation pick on Hughes at 8, which makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad