Sudbury Wolves 2015-16 Season Thread (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan16

Aug 9, 2014
Sudbury
According to Mon. S.S. there`s Matsos says: "we had a case where two of our guys were scheduled to meet with management and they thought the worst was coming, and they told management they didn`t want to go, i want to stay." I hope the word gets around throughout the OHL that these guys are all in with the Sudbury Wolves. Unbelievable how some of those young JR. players are strong helping in rebuilding this team. Congratulations Guys!

Lanny

May 9, 2012
Charlie Graaskamp sure looks good in the Q. 12 goals and 9 assists. Those kind of numbers would never hurt a Wolves team that is starved for goals. Although numbers forced him out, he looks better than a few the Wolves kept!!

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Graaskamp is definitely better than some of those that went, and some of those that stayed. He is a good player given space to work; he just can't create it on his own. I think the conditional 4th attached to his OA season priced him out of the ohl
Priced out of a return from a trade that is

Last edited:

Hockeyfriend

Nov 8, 2011
According to Mon. S.S. there`s Matsos says: "we had a case where two of our guys were scheduled to meet with management and they thought the worst was coming, and they told management they didn`t want to go, i want to stay." I hope the word gets around throughout the OHL that these guys are all in with the Sudbury Wolves. Unbelievable how some of those young JR. players are strong helping in rebuilding this team. Congratulations Guys!

All propaganda. Matsos is now tasked with having to sell the program other than what is on the ice as a good team and city to play for.

Greywolf

Jan 1, 2015
Matsos..."call me crazy but I think we can make a run for the play-offs and it might come down to the last game"...smoking the wacky tobacky again...last game of next season (2017)...maybe...get ready for another disastrous weekend starting tonight... I hope the Wolves make me eat crow for Christmas dinner but I think I'm safe to say I will be enjoying my deep fried TURKEY!!! Gooble, Gobble...GW

mobile

Feb 23, 2012
Matsos..."call me crazy but I think we can make a run for the play-offs and it might come down to the last game"...smoking the wacky tobacky again...last game of next season (2017)...maybe...get ready for another disastrous weekend starting tonight... I hope the Wolves make me eat crow for Christmas dinner but I think I'm safe to say I will be enjoying my deep fried TURKEY!!! Gooble, Gobble...GW

Wow! Dont know what Koolaid Matsos has been drinking. Agree with the disastrous weekend....and remainder of the season unfortunately:shakehead

Greywolf

Jan 1, 2015
Wow! Game goes to a shootout...well deserved point...Wolves deserved to win in regulation time... great win to earn the second point...I'm actually choking on some crow right now...tastes ok...lol...GW

IceWolve

Aug 11, 2015
What a Game

Wow! Game goes to a shootout...well deserved point...Wolves deserved to win in regulation time... great win to earn the second point...I'm actually choking on some crow right now...tastes ok...lol...GW

Greywolf you said it What a game. Yeah they deserved a win. Valintini 2 goals and WOW Murphy robbed so many times during the game and then what a SICK goal in the shootout, kid has killer backhand. I know I say trade him for picks, but if the Wolves somehow go on a 5 game winning streak, I might change my mind and Timpano the Wall of Stone, great goaltending.

Meyer starting to look better, more comfortable, but another huge challenge in Erie Friday night #4 goes back to his old team and rink, hopefully Murphy gets the winner there. Maybe, just maybe things will start to come together, any thoughts WJ, Lanny, Hockeyfriend and all the other regular Wolves posters. This game deserve a HOWELLLLLLLLLLL !!!

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Maybe the team will start getting the bounces that they weren't getting for the past few weeks. Even though this wasn't Niagara's full squad, this was still a good team they beat. Lots of new parts, improved group all around in all positions, goaltending battle shaping up are all good things going into January. Catching a few teams with players gone to the WJC definitely helps.

Greywolf

Jan 1, 2015
Ahooooooo! Cough, cough...darn it...this crow is really choking me...way to be Wolves...nothing better than proving people wrong...hope they keep it up and don't let it get to their heads...GW

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Ahooooooo! Cough, cough...darn it...this crow is really choking me...way to be Wolves...nothing better than proving people wrong...hope they keep it up and don't let it get to their heads...GW

Watched the game last night, and in my opinion, their best effort to date. Seemed everyone had their best game. Timpano was outstanding and is proving why he is the foundation of this club.Any thought of moving him would be a grave error as he is our goalie now and in the future. He will mentor McGrath to be our goalie down the road. What this team needs now is to find someone, anyone, who can come in and teach these boys a PP. There has to be someone out their at any level that can get the job done. Any suggestions? put it on Kijiji maybe. Greywolf, critical of the team at times, I tip my hat to you for giving credit when credit is do. We won't hold you to that crow.

BostonOz

Sep 22, 2013
OHLInsiders(.com) ‏@OHLinsiders
Flint #Firebirds coaches John Gruden and Dave Karpa are confident they will once again be fired at the end of the season. #OHL

By all accounts they are great coaches.

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
Have to agree. What a great game. Timpano stood on his head, the 2 newest members played well and it seemed like everyone was playing with a little more cohesiveness. Tonight will be the real test. As much as a win would be awesome, I think even if the game is kept respectable, the boys come out a winner. But the way they played last night, I wouldn't be surprised if there was an upset in Erie. Best of luck.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Well I definitely want to chime in with my kudos. As mentioned, I'm inclined to agree that this might have been the Wolves best game of the year.
I saw hard work and.....yes skill on display and was it ever nice to watch!

The Niagara announcers even mentioned that the Wolves didn't look anything like a team that was struggling, and they didn't.

Very happy for Valentini, just maybe Branch was onto something with this kid....good for you, played a central role in the win. As for Timpano..man what a competitor this guy is! Again hat's off kid.

Meanwhile the young guns keep looking more comfortable all the time. Predicting a much more competitive second half.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Have to agree. What a great game. Timpano stood on his head, the 2 newest members played well and it seemed like everyone was playing with a little more cohesiveness. Tonight will be the real test. As much as a win would be awesome, I think even if the game is kept respectable, the boys come out a winner. But the way they played last night, I wouldn't be surprised if there was an upset in Erie. Best of luck.

Wouldn't be too huge an upset considering Erie is missing 5 key players to WJC. Should be a decent game

Chili Pepper

Mar 11, 2013
Sudbury, Ont.
Nice to see...let's hope for an entertaining and competitive second half...the mystery and initial adaptation curve for the young players entering the OHL is now or it should be behind them. hard work, discipline and continue growth and improvement should lay the foundation for better times. Now for the best time of the year, WORLD JUNIORS!!!! Enjoy!!!

IceWolve

Aug 11, 2015
Wouldn't be too huge an upset considering Erie is missing 5 key players to WJC. Should be a decent game

Mr. Hockeye, I just posted on your Erie Board. I thought you were only missing Dermott, Strome and Debricant ?? Even with those guys gone, you still have one of the best teams in the O. and yeah the best Coach according to most posters. Hope it is a good game and hope ex Otter # 4 lights it up. If not for risk of all the snow, would have made the 8 hours drive, cause heard you got a great rink.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Mr. Hockeye, I just posted on your Erie Board. I thought you were only missing Dermott, Strome and Debricant ?? Even with those guys gone, you still have one of the best teams in the O. and yeah the best Coach according to most posters. Hope it is a good game and hope ex Otter # 4 lights it up. If not for risk of all the snow, would have made the 8 hours drive, cause heard you got a great rink.

Cernak(Slovakia) who is a stud physical dman and pairs with Dermott. 2nd round signed pick to LA Kings. And Mayenshein (Germany) who is more of a depth player- plays 3rd line and mostly a defensive forward. Cernak is as big of a loss as the rest. Mayenshein isn't as key but when you lose top players you depth has to step up and he is part of our depth

Should be a good game

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
3 in a row. Might have been a depleted Erie team but still a top ranked and deep team. Great job. Lets make it 4 in a row Sunday

Greywolf

Jan 1, 2015
Wow! I can get used to eating crow...I'm spitting feathers out of my mouth...great game...Timpano is back with a vengeance...big shutout...keep it going...I'm going out to get another crow to eat on Sunday...GW

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
3 in a row. Might have been a depleted Erie team but still a top ranked and deep team. Great job. Lets make it 4 in a row Sunday

I keep shaking my head at this. Deep with experience yeah maybe. But still have 2 random new forwards on the 4th line and Fellows/Pettit who both have 6 combined goals this year on the 2nd line. They aren't goal scorers they are grinders. I knew going into this stretch Erie wasn't going to win if they ran into a hot goalie or if Williams struggled. Williams played great but largely this game was won because of Timpano (very impressive) and Erie just not having the snipers to bury their chances.

Good job by Sudbury but both teams had a fair chance going in regardless of record. Erie isn't deep with goal scorers contrary to belief. And it shows with Fellows and Pettit playing top 2 line minutes

We will get revenge eventually ;)

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Wow! I can get used to eating crow...I'm spitting feathers out of my mouth...great game...Timpano is back with a vengeance...big shutout...keep it going...I'm going out to get another crow to eat on Sunday...GW

im sure your ok eating crow if the woofs keep on winning!! good post. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad