TSN: Subban behind Boyle and Letang for Team Canada

neil2005

May 2, 2012
Just thought people would like to know that TSN had another discussion tonight about the projected Team Canada team at the olympics, and according to Dreger, Subban is too high risk of a player for the team, and that he's behind Dan Boyle and Kris Letang on the depth chart. If anyone wants to check out the video its on the TSN homepage.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Dan Boyle has really regressed, he was great a couple of years ago but he's even lost some of his speed now. I doubt he's ahead of anybody for Team Canada. Honestly even his teammate Vlasic is a ahead of him.

Dreger is a clown. Boyle is too old.

How is Letang not risky ?

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Is this a joke? I know Dreger is but how in the hell is Subban a risk and they want Letang and Boyle before him?

dreamingofdrouin*

what a pile of ****.....we'll see who's dressin for canada.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
If Subban played for the Leafs he'd be talked about as the most important D for team Canada. They're a little biased over there lol. IMO he should be in the top 4 for team Canada right now.

neil2005

May 2, 2012
I was honestly waiting for them to say Dion Phaneuf is ahead of PK on the depth chart:D:D

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Boyle?

Dan Boyle????

:laugh:

tumblr_mv5eyeXWQF1r02p9xo1_250.gif

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Ugh, Subban has always been under-rated by team Canada for some reason. I seriously don't get, he just won a Norris and he is getting placed behind a guy who has like 3 years left to his career. This is maddening.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Man the press this kid gets is becoming bothersome. Why is he always in the spotlight?

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Man the press this kid gets is becoming bothersome. Why is he always in the spotlight?

It's often bad press when you're talking about TSN, whenever they talk about Subban for team Canada they always have to bring the "P.k is a defensive liability" BS. If only he was a Leafs player, maybe then Dreger would be a fan.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Ugh, Subban has always been under-rated by team Canada for some reason. I seriously don't get, he just won a Norris and he is getting placed behind a guy who has like 3 years left to his career. This is maddening.

I can't see how you can say he is always underrated by team Canada as this is basically his first time really being deserving.

As is, these are media people 10 games into the season. They just talking to create some entertainment. Who really cares

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Lebrun also said Vlasic is ahead of him.....but LOL Boyle? Look at his stats + that recent concussion... they are trolling at this point.

Team Canada want Subban for the PP, other countries will be forced to respect his shot and that open up ice for Crosby and co.

Also Subban skate better and hes stronger.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Just thought people would like to know that TSN had another discussion tonight about the projected Team Canada team at the olympics, and according to Dreger, Subban is too high risk of a player for the team, and that he's behind Dan Boyle and Kris Letang on the depth chart. If anyone wants to check out the video its on the TSN homepage.

Boyle should not even be on Team Canada's short list let alone in the same conversation as Letang and Subban.

Subban has shown he can play a "safer" game when needed.

The selfish Habs fan in me would rather seehim have a 2 week break instead.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Boyle is getting old and would be burned by the wider rinks used by the Euros. But if they really think that, it just means Americans like myself will be watching a weaker Team Canada in the Olympics.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Lebrun also said Vlasic is ahead of him.....but LOL Boyle? Look at his stats + that recent concussion... they are trolling at this point.

Team Canada want Subban for the PP, other countries will be forced to respect his shot and that open up ice for Crosby and co.

Also Subban skate better and hes stronger.

Vlasic is a solid guy, but not a guy that belongs on Team Canada, not with guys like Subban Letang Weber Pietrangelo Keith Seabrook and Doughty, you can't NOT take any of those 7.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Olympics on international ice?

Canada will be sure to include a guy who doesn't deserve to be there because of 'chemistry' and somebody else because he's a 'protypical shutdown forward'.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
How is Letang less "high risk" than Subban? He's worse defensively and has less experience on the big ice surface. Ridiculous.

Maybe Putin's the one with the issue....

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Subban gets left off.
I mean Crosby and Stamkos were left off the last 2 respectively.

Two weeks ago Subban as a lock for team Canada, today he's not based on how he's being used on his own team.

I personally think Subban is top-4 team Canada.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Dreger should be labeled a speculator rather than an insider.

PK will be there. He was born to play on the big ice and Hockey Canada likes him. He was a longshot to make the Team Canada WJC team as an 18 year old but still did. He'll be in Sochi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad