Post-Game Talk: Stupid shootouts! Jets battle to earn a point in Beantown 2-1 SO Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
3 giveaways? ESPN, TSN and NHL disagree with you.
He lost some battles (and won some) and they do produce 2 on 1's but their pros have yet to be outweighed by their cons.

Enstrom still is our teams best at reducing the other teams scoring chances (which is tough when your number 1 buddy is Buff). I think he needs to shoot more though as he's a tad predictable with setting up Byfuglien.

I'm kind of on the fence on Enstrom, he has a lot of skill is rarely beaten one on one, has good vision and can usually read the play but he can be knocked off the puck, doesn't usually win battles for the puck on the boards, just okay as a PP QB and doesn't shoot the puck when he should. He did turnover the puck once and was beaten off the puck once, but nonetheless was probably our best D man today and with the Jets allowing only one goal in regulation he would be pretty hard to fault.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Yeah i know exactly what it's worth. I watched the Boston feed. Anybody who uses Jack Edwards and/or Andy Brickley to help form an opinion should be ashamed of themselves, to be polite.

It was interesting to me because pretty everybody in Winnipeg *breezes a very inconsistent net minder. Even when he lets in a bad goal you don't hear anybody in the media acknowledge it.

I don't think Pav had a bad game, but the issues they brought up are very really and have troubled Pav for years.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I was at the game today.

Your team looks good.

Many of the Boston STH still miss Stu.

The Jets will only get better so I expect you will be in the playoffs. Good Luck !!!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The team was still really sloppy on the breakout again. But they probably cut down on their mistakes by half it seemed. Fired more shots at the net too.

LOL at Marchand. He's got just ridiculous speed and hockey senses. But he's like a mixture between Sean Avery and Burrows. Pushing the defenseman that boxes him out into the goalie hehe

Marchy is a little pest but he doesn't bite. ;)

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Thought Kane had a good rebound game, skated a lot better, his one turnover pass in the slot was just plain careless.

Would like to see the Jets sit Clitsome and go with Redmond in the next couple of games.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Looked like both teams were trying to lose, kinda wishing the lockout was still going. Not kidding this is very bad hockey, sad.

bazaaa*

3 giveaways? ESPN, TSN and NHL disagree with you.
He lost some battles (and won some) and they do produce 2 on 1's but their pros have yet to be outweighed by their cons.

Seem most here agree with me about today.
They showed two of the giveaways back to back on replays, and the third is slipping my mind.

I've seen it multiple times last year, he half committs to pinching and gets caught, though the two today were simply trying to get the puck out of the zone, which could have been done easily and he gave it up.

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
I expect big things from Ladd and Wheeler tomorrow, but I just wish Noel would hold all players accountable. He likes to pick on Burmi. Imagine the message that would get sent if Ladd sat for a few shifts. Enough complaining from me, I predict a great game from LLW and a goal from Oli and Kane tomorrow night. We can't keep scoring one goal per game for long.

Noel praised Burmi in the presser, said he should have got him out there more in the 3rd

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Enstrom was a definate liability today! I thought 9-12-13 had a decent game together looks to me like there might be some chemistry there.

Did you actually watch the game? I counted a couple of instances when Enstrom singlehandedly saved a goal (most prominently when he jumped on the puck by the goalpost after Pavs fell) and a couple of times when he blocked Marchand one-on-one when he was heading to the goal full steam. To say that Enstrom was a liability today is completely ridiculous. He was the best defensman on ice today.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Thought Kane had a good rebound game, skated a lot better, his one turnover pass in the slot was just plain careless.

Would like to see the Jets sit Clitsome and go with Redmond in the next couple of games.

Problem with this is both Redmond and Postma are exclusive right side players with no leftside experience other than PP...
So one would have to go on the second pairing and I don't see Noel doing it...

Personally I wouldn't mind trialing:
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Hainsey-Redmond
Stuart-Postma

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
I'm a fan of Enstrom. Having said that - he has a rough afternoon to say the least...

Enstrom is growing on me, but an objective observer would have to admit (I believe) that Hainsey and Stuart were just as good if not better today. Enstrom made a number of giveaways and softer plays - but I believe that is going to happen against a team like Boston when you are being asked to play 30 minutes.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Did you actually watch the game? I counted a couple of instances when Enstrom singlehandedly saved a goal (most prominently when he jumped on the puck by the goalpost after Pavs fell) and a couple of times when he blocked Marchand one-on-one when he was heading to the goal full steam. To say that Enstrom was a liability today is completely ridiculous. He was the best defensman on ice today.

He made 3 bad plays in the 3rd where he had some rough turnovers, but other then that, he played very well. He didn't make a bad play till the 3rd so idk what people think they're seeing. Being a defensive liability for a handful of shifts is not the same as being a liability all day. We don't get a point today without Enstrom.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Enstrom is growing on me, but an objective observer would have to admit (I believe) that Hainsey and Stuart were just as good if not better today. Enstrom made a number of giveaways and softer plays - but I believe that is going to happen against a team like Boston when you are being asked to play 30 minutes.

That pairing was much better today and Noel leaned on them as it showed in the minutes distributed. We need a 2nd pairing to play well to take some pressure off of Buff and Toby.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
Don't know how many caught the Boston feed, but the commentators spent a lot of time talking about Pavelec.

They repeatedly brought up his:

Poor rebound control.
Poor positioning.
Tendancy to over-play shooters.

They accused Pavi of making things tough on the D men in front of him with the rebounds. It didn't bite him today, but they were clearly unimpressed. Take that for what it is worth. It was interesting hearing an outside take.
They're used to watching SC winning caliber goalies.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

It wasn't Enstrom's best game for sure...
And Hainsey-Start played pretty much top of their game...
But, it says something when the results of an Enstrom off day is around the same level as a Hainsey/Stuart good day.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
But, it says something when the results of an Enstrom off day is around the same level as a Hainsey/Stuart good day.

Think I have to agree with Duke here, Enstrom played 30 hard minutes pretty tough to ask in just the second game in against the once removed Stanley Cup champs in their own building. It might not have been Enstrom's best game but he was still our best defence-man.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Just caught half the game. Pavs seemed to play better, but he plays to deep in the net in shootouts.

Kane seemed to have a good game..made some decent passes and had a quality chance or two.

Enstrom had a few bad giveaways in the second half of the game. Maybe fatigue like someone said?

Ugh. Absolutely terrible power play in OT. Did they even register a shot on net before time expired on the PP. Regardless, it was horrible. All that open ice in a 4 on 3 situation and the JEts can't even register a good scoring chance. Hope it's just rust because right now the PP looks awful.

Where was Scheifele? Barely heard his name in the second half of the game.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

How were Hainsey and Stuart "just as good if not better"? Could Stuart have blocked Marchand 1-on-1, Marchand would have just skated around him.

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011

I agree with that, that is why I am starting to like Enstrom. Missing Bogo really shows, you won't get any more out of Hainsey/Stuart than you did today.

Thought Buff really labored as compared to Saturday - put a little more pressure on his partner for sure.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011

Opinions are like *******s......everyone has one! Ya I watched the game little Enstrom is over rated!

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
How were Hainsey and Stuart "just as good if not better"? Could Stuart have blocked Marchand 1-on-1, Marchand would have just skated around him.

I don't know know how they were...just appeared to me that they were.

We can watch the same game and have differing opinions. I actually like Stuart today, wheras this Board really seems to dislike him. Just me trying to state objectively what I saw...I reserve the right to be called wrong ;)

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada

Forgive me but I don't really follow this argument. Comparing a real life scenario with an opinion of a hypothetical one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad