Injury Report: Stuart out until Feb

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Figures. During that fight I thought, 'Don't hurt yourself, dum-dum. We're already down 3 D-men...' And there he does it. Just had to whip his dick out.

Funny how many had that same thought. I thought "Stu, you can't fight now!"

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Time to pull out the ol' equipment and put on my game worn Stu jersey. I'm sneaking into that line up... they will take anyone at this point. :nod:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Morrissey is their best option. It seems ridiculous that an NHL team can't bring up a signed CHL player on an emergency basis after losing 4 regulars on defense. If that's not an "emergency", I don't know what is.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Simpsons-walk-in-walk-out-whistling.gif

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The 'tank' is not on. I have faith the new systems will allow us to muddle through this until we start getting our D back.

I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Jets find a way to tread water through this injury storm and stay in the hunt. Their system and the strong play of their forwards seems to be effective in protecting the D on most nights.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Even if Maurice didn't give explicit instructions to the D to avoid fights you would think that all should have had enough smarts to realize that the situation on D was already precarious and to avoid further injuries by NOT fighting. Stu is a dummy!:rant:

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Morrissey is their best option. It seems ridiculous that an NHL team can't bring up a signed CHL player on an emergency basis after losing 4 regulars on defense. If that's not an "emergency", I don't know what is.
Are you sure? Morrissey will be a top-pairing D at the WJC. Enstrom will be back in anywhere from 3-6 games ( I am hoping by the Minny series).
They need a veteran presence on LD, IMO, so I would rather they bring in someone like Leopold, who will cost them very little, be a mentor for the youngsters, and be gone at the end of the season.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Are you sure? Morrissey will be a top-pairing D at the WJC. Enstrom will be back in anywhere from 3-6 games ( I am hoping by the Minny series).
They need a veteran presence on LD, IMO, so I would rather they bring in someone like Leopold, who will cost them very little, be a mentor for the youngsters, and be gone at the end of the season.

lol nope.

He won't start skating until JANUARY!

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
If Buff gets hurt, do we have a legit NHL dman left? Maybe a #5/6 in Postma.

Stay healthy Buff. You're it buddy.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Yeah I am not sure Morrissey is the best option anyway in this type of scenario, he would need to have an exceptional quick learning curve. They're supposedly playing the same system in St. John's as they are here and Brouiliette has at least been practicing with the team. If a trade is made what kind of quality defenceman can they get for a 4th line forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad