Recalled/Assigned: Strome Lee Halmo!

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 4m
#Isles lines at practice: Vanek-Nelson-Okposo, Grabner-Bailey-Clutterbuck, Lee-Strome-McDonald, Halmo-Cizikas-Boulton.

I agree with Halmo on the fourth line personally.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
That was me Rex.

Old
02-14-2014, 01:03 AM
MattMartin
KillerInstinctâ„¢

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
This is probably the worst idea ever but....call up Lee,Halmo, and Strome and make them our 3rd line. When they play together down there they are like our top line up here and it's not like where going anywhere anyways. Just a idea, flame away = )

Matt thanks for reminding, do remember the last line now, sometimes after a few week I sometimes forget who posted it.

crasherino

May 9, 2013

+1 - especially with Martin being out. He seems like a hybrid of Clutterbuck and Martin. Lets see if he can hit the goalie in the chest as well as Cal can.

Any word re Martin?

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
+1 - especially with Martin being out. He seems like a hybrid of Clutterbuck and Martin. Lets see if he can hit the goalie in the chest as well as Cal can.

Any word re Martin?

Nah, Cal's specialty is going high and wide, and having the puck leave the offensive zone just as quickly as it entered

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
Lee and Strome are getting put on a line with Colin McDonald. That is beyond infuriating for me. He has been downright atrocious this season. It looks like he has lost a step compared to last season and he was a below average skater to begin with.

I'm not saying these kids need to be handed 1st line minutes, but at least give them a half decent hockey player on their line. :help:

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
With Anders Lee being an RFA at seasons end and anxious for an NHL role- I think its important to put him in a scenario where he can be successful.

Would be nice if Lee-Strome are able to develop into Moulson-Tavares Lite

HOCKEYMAN27

Feb 5, 2014
How about a line of Halmo - Cizikas - Clutterbuck? Talk about an energy line. I would like to see them play together.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I don't mind McDonald. I think we get hard on players too fast.

Strome is listed at 188 and 6'1" Anders and McDonald are both 6'2" 225 and 214 respectively. They are perfect wings for Strome who seems to be still a lightweight. It can't hurt to try them out together. McDonald may not be the best player, but he can show how to play position hockey and how to finish checks. Something this team almost never does. Remember, McDonald is also a natural RHS..we need that right now.

Lets just see how this works out before people go crazy.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I hate Clutterbuck in a "scoring" role...

I like Nelson with Vanek and Okposo...I just don't like Vanek playing...

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
Lee and Strome are getting put on a line with Colin McDonald. That is beyond infuriating for me. He has been downright atrocious this season. It looks like he has lost a step compared to last season and he was a below average skater to begin with.

I'm not saying these kids need to be handed 1st line minutes, but at least give them a half decent hockey player on their line. :help:

I like the idea of some PROTECTION on Strome's wing, due to his size. I'd prefer Clutterbuck who can score or Martin who I believe is a far better shooter than he's been able or willing to show, but it makes sense. I also like the idea of Lee on first line wing for a size infusion with or without Tavares.

Season's lost, anyways, so we gotta see what's in the pantry with what we have.....something you do NOW, not at the beginning of the year with kids.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I like the idea of some PROTECTION on Strome's wing, due to his size. I'd prefer Clutterbuck who can score or Martin who I believe is a far better shooter than he's been able or willing to show, but it makes sense. I also like the idea of Lee on first line wing for a size infusion with or without Tavares.

Season's lost, anyways, so we gotta see what's in the pantry with what we have.....something you do NOW, not at the beginning of the year with kids.

I actually like McDonald more than Clutterbuck, offensively. IMO, these lines are good(or at least as good as they can be).

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
@ this point of the season keep them together if someone has to be scratch ot should Bailey we need to know if these guys will be o. The roster for next season so we can pick up what we need goalie & d & another top scorer does anyone agree with me

You can't scratch the most versatile forward, when it comes to playing the 3 positions, that you have left. He'll be playing center, we don't have extras laying around right now.

It's fine with Martin out, but I'm just a big fan of chemistry and would like to see what those three do together while they are auditioning for the team for the remainder of this season.

Any word on how long Martin will be out?

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
wait, what happened to Martin? is this related to him being banged up before the break? I didn't see any recent mention of him being hurt just that he was not practicing with one of the 4 lines yesterday.. what gives?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
How about a line of Halmo - Cizikas - Clutterbuck? Talk about an energy line. I would like to see them play together.

That's the smallest energy line around. Don't necessarily dislike it, but those guys all play bigger than they are.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I hate Clutterbuck in a "scoring" role...

I like Nelson with Vanek and Okposo...I just don't like Vanek playing...

Agree with your last sentence. I'm hoping he gets traded before our next game. Everyone knows what will happen if he plays. Please Garth, don't wait until March 4th to trade him.

David Volek1993

Jan 6, 2014
I think Strome will be a good player who will get about 60 points a season. I love his skill and hockey iq. Lee im not high on at all. Future AHL career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad