Recalled/Assigned: Strome Lee Halmo!

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Funny that they just call up the whole first line. Might as well let them play together, and if Nelson and Bailey are the top 2 centers for now, this may very well be the 3rd line for a few games.

Excited to see Halmo. Liked the kid when looking at highlights after he signed, but have not seen him with Bridgeport. Hope the trio does well.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Was hoping for Sundstrom. I guess with him missing so much time injured this year they feel he needs more time.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
^^^^^

Article.

All Hands on Deck

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Dan-Petriw/All-Hands-on-Deck/184/58195

"It is expected that Ryan Strome, Anders Lee and Matt Donovan will be called up and I do believe that Islander fans will also get their first look at rookie Johan Sundstrom. Moving forward till the end of the season this team is going to be full of kids who hopefully will be gaining valuable experience."

"We will have to look at the line combos closely in the upcoming practices but I do believe that until the trade deadline we will see a top line of Brock Nelson, Kyle Okposo and Thomas Vanek. With Frans Nielsen still injured I would expect to see Ryan Strome center the second line with Josh Bailey. With the success that Michael Grabner had at the Olympics I would give him a shot to work with Strome and Bailey on the second line for a few games."

After the Vanek trade I believe we will see him.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I wonder if Halmo getting called up means Vanek will be delt in the next couple of days. As it stands now without Halmo the Islanders have 12 forwards

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
Excited to see all three.

Vanek Bailey Okposo
Grabner Nelson Clutterbuck
Halmo Strome Lee
Boulton Cizikas McDonald

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I wonder if Halmo getting called up means Vanek will be delt in the next couple of days. As it stands now without Halmo the Islanders have 12 forwards

I thought that as well but teams usually carry an extra forward that is a healthy scratch

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Hopefully they are kept together. Lets see how they perform as the #2 line.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
A few weeks ago you suggested bringing the whole line up.

I was being facetious...We needed some scoring and a spark, never thought I would see it...

I wonder though if they will be spread out or separated? Another poster hinted Bailey could play center until Fransy is ready to return...It seems plausible, but I'm not sure I like it;)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I was being facetious...We needed some scoring and a spark, never thought I would see it...

I wonder though if they will be spread out or separated? Another poster hinted Bailey could play center until Fransy is ready to return...It seems plausible, but I'm not sure I like it;)

I'd think they'll go with this until Frans is back and with Vanek dealt:

Grabner - Bailey/Nelson - Okposo
McDonald - Nelson/Bailey - Clutterbuck
Halmo - Strome - Lee
Martin - Cizikas - Boulton

With Vanek we could see:

Vanek - Nelson - Okposo
Grabner - Bailey - Clutterbuck
Halmo - Strome - Lee
Martin - Cizikas - McDonald

With Boulton being swapped in for McDonald/Halmo/Lee

There aren't many other options.

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
I'd think they'll go with this until Frans is back and with Vanek dealt:

Grabner - Bailey/Nelson - Okposo
McDonald - Nelson/Bailey - Clutterbuck
Halmo - Strome - Lee
Martin - Cizikas - Boulton

With Vanek we could see:

Vanek - Nelson - Okposo
Grabner - Bailey - Clutterbuck
Halmo - Strome - Lee
Martin - Cizikas - McDonald

With Boulton being swapped in for McDonald/Halmo/Lee

There aren't many other options.

Man, that looks like a Stanley Cup lineup if I've ever seen one!!!!

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Martin-Cizikas-McDonald
Boulton-_____-Halmo

You just need another punishing center type and we have the hardest hitting bottom 6 in the league. Maybe stick Bailey in there and see if the other 5 guys can get him to go Neanderthal. Neanderbailey.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Martin-Cizikas-McDonald
Boulton-_____-Halmo

You just need another punishing center type and we have the hardest hitting bottom 6 in the league. Maybe stick Bailey in there and see if the other 5 guys can get him to go Neanderthal. Neanderbailey.

As you know, I love Bailey, but that name is just hysterical. Kudos.:handclap::nod::handclap::nod:

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
Guys, you do realize who our coach is right? We might all want to see them on the same line, but they prob won't be. Fearless leader probably won't even have 2 of them on the same line.

ariesboychik

Feb 21, 2014
Long Island, NY
Guys, you do realize who our coach is right? We might all want to see them on the same line, but they prob won't be. Fearless leader probably won't even have 2 of them on the same line.

That would be stupid. Since they are comfortable playing together they should continue to do so on the big stage. At least keeping two of them together would be a good idea.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
A few weeks ago you suggested bringing the whole line up.

That was me Rex.

Old
02-14-2014, 01:03 AM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
This is probably the worst idea ever but....call up Lee,Halmo, and Strome and make them our 3rd line. When they play together down there they are like our top line up here and it's not like where going anywhere anyways. Just a idea, flame away = )

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Hopefully they are kept together. Lets see how they perform as the #2 line.

As much as I like to see them play together, due to their NHL inexperience, they may be burned defensively playing together and the other team know that and will try to take advantange of it. It is like bring the top d pairing from AHL and put them together in NHL which I doubt most coaches will allow. They will be given some games and once they are tested defensively and passed, they may be united as a line or Lee and strome may be paired together. If they play as a line, they may be given little ice time, so it may be better that they are split up and play with other veterans to get decent ice time. However, you may never know. I do remember that Hall Eberle and RHN played together during RNH rookie year and they were amazing together then for a while. However that has not worked well last couple of years, due to their lack of 2 way games and they got burned quite often despite of their indivual talents. Now they rarely got to play together as a line, except on PP.

Pete islanders

Feb 1, 2014
@ this point of the season keep them together if someone has to be scratch ot should Bailey we need to know if these guys will be o. The roster for next season so we can pick up what we need goalie & d & another top scorer does anyone agree with me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad