Street Fighter 6

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
I tested the beta with what little time i had. I didn't care for the lobby (give me back simple menus please) and the fact that i couldn't spend time alone in the training room to test some characters out made me nope out after 2 hours. The few matches i played were ok but since i don't really care that much for any of available characters i'll probably won't play anymore during the beta.

I'll buy the game later in june when i have almost a month of vacation time. Still hyped for Dee Jay.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I tested the beta with what little time i had. I didn't care for the lobby (give me back simple menus please) and the fact that i couldn't spend time alone in the training room to test some characters out made me nope out after 2 hours. The few matches i played were ok but since i don't really care that much for any of available characters i'll probably won't play anymore during the beta.

I'll buy the game later in june when i have almost a month of vacation time. Still hyped for Dee Jay.
Was disappointed that the training mode could be interrupted as well. Oh well. I'll practice more on the demo instead.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Yeah, it's kinda of annoying not having the character guides like in the demo as well.
I appreciated training mode but I need to know where to start you know? Oh well, that's what buying the full game is for.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
I didn't really care for the modern/simple inputs being the standard either. I tried it for a few games with Juri (i never really cared for her but i really want to try out the new characters in the lab before anything) and it felt odd. If this is someones first fighting game i can see it create some seriously bad habits. They somehow managed to remove the two characters i want the most from the beta (Zangief and Dee Jay) :laugh:

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think Modern is going to do wonders for bringing in new players.

Dicked around with both and while i think i'm going to go with classic, modern is great since it just streamlines stuff for you. the supers being specked to one button is fantastic too.

I got absolutely railed by my buddy's Kimberly because i straight up had nothing to challenge her as Ryu on modern (could be just a bad matchup too since most of her normals are lightning fast) since i was limited to the simple three hit combo or down A/X. Everything else just loses.

Fighting games needed stuff like this so badly. You're either good at them or absolute trash. This at least makes me more enjoyable for casuals/people starting out.

Reactions: Seedtype

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I was watching a streamer yesterday playing with modern controls. He typically doesn't play fighting games, and I think he's terrible at tutorials sometimes(of course that's why it's funny to watch him).

But modern controls did enable him to play and actually employ some strategies. So I think that's pretty cool.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Was able to play a long training session in the beta and I gotta say, I think I'm gonna main Guile. I'm not particularly proficient is long extended combos and Guile was easy to use. Now if only I could get the hang of the drive rush mechanic I'd be set lol

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
Claw main most of my life. After the beta I have to say I really like Jaime. Was refreshing to dig a character that doesn't play like what I'm used to.

Like many been watching closely since they started to show footage. Capcom has done no wrong. This is going to be a fighter for the ages.

My ID is CainhurstCrow if you want to play some sets when the game drops.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Looks like it's getting good reviews.
Sounds like for some World Tour might be a little too grindy. But eh, oh well.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Looks like it's getting good reviews.
Sounds like for some World Tour might be a little too grindy. But eh, oh well.
I actually don't mind a single player grind tbh. It's something I've been wanting in a SF game for so long. For the ppl that don't care about it though, you can completely ignore the download as the game lets you choose what you download. Pretty awesome. Also, looks like they finally have a wifi indicator. This game is checking all the right boxes for me.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I actually don't mind a single player grind tbh. It's something I've been wanting in a SF game for so long. For the ppl that don't care about it though, you can completely ignore the download as the game lets you choose what you download. Pretty awesome. Also, looks like they finally have a wifi indicator. This game is checking all the right boxes for me.
As someone who just bought Street Fighter anniversary collection to try to get good after not playing it much for like 15 years (and played more MK growing up). Aspects of World Tour sound interesting to me, as it sounds like it may help beginners learn the dynamics of the game. Not sure if I'll pick up SF6 this week but seriously considering it.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Yeah, it's not really bothering me either. The worst I could see is it's just a typical open world grind. I just hope it can teach me some fundamentals.

That's really cool they're adding WIFI indicator. I'm willing to try someone with WIFI a couple times, but if it's bad I'm just gonna duck them.

Let's just hope the servers will handle the launch.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Last SF I played was base SF4. Actually excited about this one and will be playing. Will have to mess around and figure out who I want to focus playing with. Played Cammy in 4 and Ibuki in Third Strike

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Servers unsurprisingly clunky on launch night. Getting in was the problem. Once you're in the netcode felt smooth af still so that's good.

I think I'm gonna pick up Marisa as a dick around/secondary as I learn Ryu. She seems ridiculously basic but oh my god does she feel fun to use and probably a perfect modern control set character since she doesn't seem to have a ton of options

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Picked it up today from my local game store for PS5. Having trouble connecting to register my capcom ID or whatever it is. Not a big deal since I'm a long way off of knowing how to play this to not get destroyed online. The game looks amazing, but I'm probably just gonna mess around in Arcade mode and training for awhile.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Picked it up today from my local game store for PS5. Having trouble connecting to register my capcom ID or whatever it is. Not a big deal since I'm a long way off of knowing how to play this to not get destroyed online. The game looks amazing, but I'm probably just gonna mess around in Arcade mode and training for awhile.
Did you sign up via the website? I was able to log in rather easily after I linked the accounts.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I've been enjoying World Tour mode except I'm getting annoyed at the blocked off parts of the city. But as a complete noob it's actually a pretty good mode in my opinion for trying to sell me on the concept of a Fighting-based economy, heh. (Though I think the traveling to other countries willy-nilly is kinda weird)

As for choosing a roster character, I've been mostly messing around. I'm liking Marisa, but I've also been playing a little bit of Chun-Li because I'm trying to grasp charge-based moves(I'm doing a lot better than yesterday).

In the end I think I'm going to go the boring route and choose Ryu for a bit. I need to work on canceling, just doing motions in general, blah blah.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Made it to Silver on Ryu! The Marisa experience was not nearly as fruitful. Stuck in iron and i cannot get her to work for the life of me. Can't drive rush any of her lights outside of LK and has almost nothing to attack the enemy low/as a mixup.

There's something weird about my experience with this game as opposed to other fighters. I'm actually seeing myself learn.

As a friend of mine explained, this game is more of a "take what it gives you" type thing. Not even confirm is going to lead into a massive combo. Like i understand which moves are safe, unsafe, etc.

IDK what it is but i never had anywhere that level of success with NRS games. Probably because thee games don't have as many lame as f*** projectile spamming type moves or if they do, they're easily reacted to (Hadouken for example)

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Played a bit of this. The look and feel of everything gameplay-related is terrific (best it's been since 3rd Strike), and the mechanics and all the little concepts and gimmicks seem great so far. Love all the character designs (other than the Gladiator-helmet-hair, as amusingly silly as it is), a lot of which seemed to be influenced by the old SNK fighters (which is a very good thing, IMO). There's a ton of great artwork randomly thrown around everywhere, and it's the first time I recall liking the background art direction in a 3D game (throwback to that golden age of sprite art fighting game backgrounds, IMO). However, the music is really cringey and terrible (among the worst it's been in the franchise, probably), in my opinion-- mostly just in a lukewarm forgettable way, until someone raps, where it becomes actively off-putting. Street Fighter 3 Third Strike did hip-hop significantly better.

World Tour Mode is conceptually very cool and the scale of it is really novel for a Street Fighter game, and I know you should never expect any let alone good writing or story from a thing like this, but man, the general corniness of it is a lot to take and I was actively wincing through a lot of it. The opening cutscene for it in particular showcases some really awesome artwork that's completely ruined by the cheesy nonsensical voiceover that feels a lot like it was written by out of touch old guys in suits trying way too hard to sound "hip".

I think that's my biggest general issue with the game as a whole (trying to have personality but kind of badly failing when it comes to anything other than visual and animation aesthetic), but if you ignore that side of it and just focus on the bare bones stuff that makes a fighting game a fighting game, it's pretty excellent.

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Think I'm going to pick this up tonight. Seems like it's really overstuffed with content for a fighting game. I'm more of a single-player guy normally so the World Tour stuff seems pretty cool. Things like different characters texting you in different styles seems fun. The training/tutorials seem really detailed and well made. Really like the art style overall. And I love the idea of modern controls. For a scrub like me coming from a Smash background, it really is a nice way to try and enter a traditional fighting game.

Been watching a bunch of tier lists and "who should you main" videos, I'm most intrigued by Honda and Lily early on. My old ass wants to play JP but I think he might be a little too complicated for me to start, the other two seem to have really simple gameplans.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Think I'm going to pick this up tonight. Seems like it's really overstuffed with content for a fighting game. I'm more of a single-player guy normally so the World Tour stuff seems pretty cool. Things like different characters texting you in different styles seems fun. The training/tutorials seem really detailed and well made. Really like the art style overall. And I love the idea of modern controls. For a scrub like me coming from a Smash background, it really is a nice way to try and enter a traditional fighting game.

Been watching a bunch of tier lists and "who should you main" videos, I'm most intrigued by Honda and Lily early on. My old ass wants to play JP but I think he might be a little too complicated for me to start, the other two seem to have really simple gameplans.
JP is more of a zoner character so probably not the best place to start

Good characters to start with:

Ryu - basically Mr. Fundamental/jack of all trades. Kit is based entirely on reading your opponent and controlling neutral. Will teach you stuff like move range, punishes, etc. Bonus if you have any carryover knowledge for playing him in Smash.

Honda: a bit tougher on execution but his gameplan is relatively simple to understand. Currently menacing the online community because his headbutt appears to be stupidly safe.

Lily: easy difficulty character

Marisa: the absolute epitome of unga bunga play. Not a ton of sauce but she hits like an absolute freight train and her kit is incredibly easy to grasp. Simple 4-5 combo type stuff that takes a dent out of your opponents health bar.

I would also say Guile too but I'm not sure. He's a charge character which means a bit different execution but his basic gameplan is "hurl as much shit as you can at the enemy and then flash kick them when they get close" which is super easy to understand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad