Street Fighter 6

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Looks great-- definitely seems like they're putting a lot of work into it. The most impressive Street Fighter's looked since Third Strike, IMO.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
This will probably be my first real crack at a Street Fighter game unless there is something completely borked at launch.

I'm thinking we might be entering a golden age of fighting games soon. Rollback netcode greatly improves the online experience, and crossplay is becoming an industry standard. Those factors might really help fighting games break out of niche status.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
This will probably be my first real crack at a Street Fighter game unless there is something completely borked at launch.

I'm thinking we might be entering a golden age of fighting games soon. Rollback netcode greatly improves the online experience, and crossplay is becoming an industry standard. Those factors might really help fighting games break out of niche status.
Could have the 2009 resurgence all over again.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Played the beta and for some reason it actually grabbed me compared to other fighters. Maybe because i'm used to the garbage projectile spam fests Netherrealm puts out. It's nice projectiles in this game are just space control instead of being lightning fast nonsense.

Netcode played smooth as butter in the beta, the matchmaking system is super well done with it being based on character rank as opposed to just one set number and if you're not good like i am, you actually see similar level opponents. Single player looks dope as f***.

I was like, actually excited to try and get good at one of these for once. Day 1 buy for sure.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Between this and Granblue Rising I may be compelled to finally buy a Hitbox this year.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Between this and Granblue Rising I may be compelled to finally buy a Hitbox this year.
You might want to look into it. I know Capcom has made it illegal recently although i think Hitbox have put out a firmware update to comply with the new rules. Basically up-down equals neutral now i think.

1682952675796.png

I'm ready

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
You might want to look into it. I know Capcom has made it illegal recently although i think Hitbox have put out a firmware update to comply with the new rules. Basically up-down equals neutral now i think.

Yeah that correct about the new Capcom rule. Up and Down=Neutral.

I'm building a new leverless controller based on the Universal Fighting Board by Brook: https://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/06960737/ They updated their firmware as well.

Originally I was just going to convert my old PS3 era Hitbox, but I saw with the UFB board you can have six buttons for menu navigation and stuff. I just wanted to have the utility...

Edit: BTW, am I the only thinks it kinda BS these old arcade style controllers aren't universal on all platforms by default? All they are simple direction inputs and button presses. Heh, just drives me nuts.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I wasn't too familiar with SF5 but what were the different ways to get the new characters? Obviously you could buy them but was there a bundle you can purchase where you get all of the character releases or would you have to buy them each time as they come out? I assume it will stay the same for SF6.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Since a couple of you seem a hell of a lot knowledgeable than i, what's the feeling on modern controls?

I actually want to try and learn/get better at this fighting game and modern felt kinda good in the beta (i did muck around with classic as well) but is that going to be a viable option going forward? the game's youtube community seems to think there's something there.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Since a couple of you seem a hell of a lot knowledgeable than i, what's the feeling on modern controls?

I actually want to try and learn/get better at this fighting game and modern felt kinda good in the beta (i did muck around with classic as well) but is that going to be a viable option going forward? the game's youtube community seems to think there's something there.
When it was first announced, the fighting community immediately thought it was great for beginners but wouldn't see play competitively because of its limitations. However, now that ppl have had more time with it, even some pro's are going to use it as it gives advantages in certain situations. I personally didn't like it when I tried it but admittedly only spent about a hour with it. I will definitely be giving it another shot though.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
My worry with modern controls is that some characters will simply be better with them. Then they'll do some sorta lame nerfing that will annoy people.

But I do think you should be able to play how you want, and I guess Capcom needed to try something. We'll see.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
My worry with modern controls is that some characters will simply be better with them. Then they'll do some sorta lame nerfing that will annoy people.

But I do think you should be able to play how you want, and I guess Capcom needed to try something. We'll see.
That could be the case but I think the 20% damage nerf on modern controls is a good balance to start.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Good little video.

Got my controller built, the demo shows my computer can handle this game with ease....

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO(for open beta this weekend)

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'm gonna put some time into this game. I've always wanted to get better in Street Fighter but never put the time in. SF4 I did pretty well with my Balrog but SFV I was all over the place and never really continued on.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
Moderate hype. I like that my boy Dee Jay is back but i'm not sure what i'll do as a secondary character. I won't play the beta since i won't have the time.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think I'm ready to give it a go. MLB has burned me for the last time this year and I want something new to grind

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Ya, I bought MLB last year and didn't even play an online game. Just got tired of that grind as well. didn't even buy it this year.
It's worse this year. The grind never stops and they've started to lean super heavy into packs and turning rewards into no sell to make sure stubs are harder to come by.

Gameplay is shit too. In order to make hitting more viable they essentially nerfed everything around it. Pinpoint randomly hangs shit on perfect inputs, fielding animations f***ing over the player, nerfing reaction because they don't understand how to make the outfield play bigger

I can't even flip this year after essentially mastering it in 21.

Last year I was burnt out by the all star break. This year I didn't even make it through may because of the sheer grind and frankly still crap gameplay.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad