Post-Game Talk: Streak busted! Jets win 3-2

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
So hypothetically if the Jets win the Stanley Cup with a bad game (Helle steals it) we should point out it was a bad game and ignore the win right? Because of course we shouldn't be afraid to criticize our team even when we win right?
Yes. If we win because the skaters score plenty, it's a good win. If we win because Helle saved plenty, it's a bad win. Unless both happen at the same time, then it's a really good win.

:laugh:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Did you argue about aging of Scotch in the bottle versus in the Cask... ?

That is the defining line...

That being said...

We don't make the final...

The bottles, stay, sealed...

And if I was a Leafs fan... which I am not...

Will be an eternity...

:nod::laugh:
I say we all pool our scotch, get together to watch the jets in the SCF.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm pretty critical of Helle, but I think that was his best game of his career. For once I'm confident in saying they were outgoaltended, usually it's the other way around.

:laugh: I wouldn't go that far - but he was very solid tonight and he was really tested.

He stole a couple of other games for us earlier in the season. Hasn't needed to so much lately. He picked a good time to come up big.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
:laugh: I wouldn't go that far - but he was very solid tonight and he was really tested.

He stole a couple of other games for us earlier in the season. Hasn't needed to so much lately. He picked a good time to come up big.
I don't recall any other games where the team had so many grade A scoring chances and he stopped them all.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Finally I’m not reading in other teams GDT stupid Thrashers jokes. People are finally giving this team the respect they deserve around here.
stuffyoushouldknow-podcasts-wp-content-uploads-sites-16-2015-11-rodneydangerfield600x350.jpg

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Is it weird that I feel a little let down that Laine only score one goal? :)

Nahh the kid is Fantastic....

Have another scotch and btw

uskoa - tro på - верить tro - croyez - vjerovati

located under my Avatar means....

Believe...

I Believe in Laine and all of our players and coaches....

I Believe this is Winnipeg Time to Shine in the NHL for a very long time Thanks to Chevy and TNSE and all the fans who pay big money for their season tickets so thanks from a fan who has not ever stood foot in Bell MTS Place...

Without you fans paying the bills I wouldn't have my home team to cheer for...

Forever in your debt...

Go :jets Go

Last edited by a moderator:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I say we all pool our scotch, get together to watch the jets in the SCF.

I like your sentiment...

But with me it's always the ethic... the purity...

The folks who weren't cynical in the discussion.... ( and I know... I know... I am the penultement of cynical )...

Will... if they can... join me to imbibe pinnacle scotch... if we make the Cup final...

I can't access the discussion thread from the server... I think YWG can...

If you are out of country... can't make it... can't fly in... can't afford it... you can elect one alternate to join...

Lets hope I can offer that privilege to anyone, alternate or original for we will all be winners....

I am okay with it all being drained and gone...

But it will be the principle of the gambit...

;)

Wedgeden

Mar 31, 2012
Not sure why Jersey fans thought the first goal against Schneider was weak.
It was Patrik Laine point blank alone right in front.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Did you argue about aging of Scotch in the bottle versus in the Cask... ?

That is the defining line...

That being said...

We don't make the final...

The bottles, stay, sealed...

And if I was a Leafs fan... which I am not...

Will be an eternity...

:nod::laugh:
Just un-invite me on principal. I have no recollection of the argument at all but I can't imagine if I saw it I didn't have an opinion. Not sure I'm reading you right but I do know where I stand on the issue.

Ugly win but a win is a win, stolen or not. Like we've never had a game stolen from us (cough*Lundquist*cough) that we deserved to win.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
NJ is like Jets from a year or two ago. They were better, faster and overall outplayed us, but we won. I remember it happened to us many times

Reactions: Babooch

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Imagine being so defensive to the point of not even being able to take the criticism of the team in stride in a game where they got outshoot by almost 2-1, dominated in shot attempts and dominated in scoring changes without invoking the "fake fans" meme.

Everybody is happy for the success of the team. That doesn't mean that people can't say something even slightly negative after a bad game without having some kind of hidden agenda against Chevy and Co
Seriously what do you want? Jets win 10-0 and the opposing team never crossed the Jets blueline. They won period. The Jets know how to win ... it's a long road if you think they can outplay every team and made zero mistakes ... it's never going to happen. Last year the Penguins won the SC ... how many games were they out played in the playoffs and deserve to lose but didn't?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad