Straight-Ahead Speed: McDavid Versus Bure

Which player has/had more straight-away speed with the puck?

• Total voters

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
McDavid, especially considering the fact that he's faced up against guys who all would be skating circles around the defenders in that Bure video as well. That said, no matter the era, Bure is likely far and away the person holding second place in this specific competition.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
McDavid, especially considering the fact that he's faced up against guys who all would be skating circles around the defenders in that Bure video as well. That said, no matter the era, Bure is likely far and away the person holding second place in this specific competition.

I doubt that.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
I doubt that.

There are guys that can absolutely fly in every team nowadays. Players like McDavid and Bure may not have THAT transcedental speed, it's just an illusion because they use the speed with the puck around 10 times as often.

Reactions: AD1066

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
There are guys that can absolutely fly in every team nowadays. Players like McDavid and Bure may not have THAT transcedental speed, it's just an illusion because they use the speed with the puck around 10 times as often.

Wood can flat out fly!!!

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
They're the two most explosive players the past 20 years. McDavid but it's close.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Well Bure may not, and I agree with your point here, but I am pretty sure McDavid is literally also the fastest now. I think someone said Woods was clocked at 39 in that clip?

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Bure in today's skates and composites would be quite intriguing, but it's McDavid.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Bure, although McDavid is good too. But there are also less prominent/skillful players that are very fast.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
You can't compare players in different eras. The ice has different chemicals and skates are sharper now. McDavid is faster though even if you TRIED to compare. I saw both live.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad