Post-Game Talk: Storm the Weather

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
It’s amazing, reading other boards- so many comments like “I don’t think the Rangers are actually good”. “Paper Tigers”. “I don’t see it- could easily be 3-0 other way”. Love it! No respect. MEANWHILE WE ARE 7-0 in the PLAYOFFS AND PRESIDENTS CUP WINNERS!!!

Enjoy it while it lasts guys! Our window is officially open.

ANYONE WANT TO CATCH THE GAME TOGETHER, maybe we can get a group out to stout on saturday?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
My brother and i were friendly with all the canes fans around us all night, high fived them on the canes goals (we were guests of canes fans with a 9 year old) and kept the vibes chill in out section. Saw a fight in the parking lot. Idiots.
Internet persona and real life persona usually don't match. In fact, the internet in general is mostly batshit craziness; reality? No relation.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
I think Carolina has done a horrible job with energy management in games, while we have been super patient and methodical just waiting for our chances. they go all out in the 1st and last 5 min of regulation but it's not enough.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
They were looking for the equalizer and go ahead goals in a tight game. and then protecting a tenuous lead. Most coaches shorten their bench when every moment counts. Vesey and Goodrow only had 8 minutes at even strength. Cuylle had 7.
According to the stat sheet I saw, he only a little less than 7 minutes the entire game -- a good 4-5 minutes less than Vesey and Goodrow.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
chytil.gif

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I’m so happy for Chytil, the guy made it back. He’s only going to get better as the games and practices go.
One of the main reasons WHY we weren't "great" 5v5 would have to be the absence of Filip. So strong and even though Laffy has moved on to bigger things, reuniting with his buddy KK should help Kappo.

I got one god damn thing to say

Powerplay merchants my f***ing ass
See above. Welcome back Filip!

Reactions: Greg02

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
To be frank, I wasn't so destroyed when Wheeler went down. Was feeling like he was too slow and wasn't helping the team the way we wanted. Coupled with the fear of somebody like Laf, Cuylle or even KK losing minutes. Everything happens for a reason and honestly, looking back I guess he wasn't that bad and actually might have been important in these PO's. Pretty sure we've got this without him. Another great win, home.......road......doesn't matter to this team.
Listen for the price we got him for. He produced. Not the same player he was obviousl but great to have around as a veteran even injured

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Wennberg has been terrific. Good hands and sneaky strong and quick enough to protect the puck and find open ice. Hope he’s back next year as well.
What line would you play him on next year? For cap reasons I always thought of him as a rental.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
What line would you play him on next year? For cap reasons I always thought of him as a rental.
I still think he is a rental. I agree, been clutch (faceoffs, defense, penalty kill, a center we can trust). His offensive game is much to be desired though- I think he flubbed a few chances that Kakko/Chytil provided. However, very trustworthy and that is nice especially with Chytil not being a strong defensive player and having the long layoff.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Listening to 32 thoughts here, and Elliotte reminding how many Rangers fans were uninspired by the Laviolette hiring. I was certainly one of them.

More than happy to eat crow now. I think we all knew he was a good coach. But to be the perfect coach for this group right now? Certainly looks like it.

Reactions: Gordon Bombay

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Kind of feels like you’re calling me an ass hole 😂you are not wrong
No no. Not at all. Just broadly. I’m sure even the canes fans crowing about injuring Fox are decent people. Just dicks on the www.

I suppose he’d be 3C. I know theoretically there’s also Chytil there. But, first, I’m not convinced Chytil won’t be injury prone going forward. And second, can’t have enough guys who can play center and I assume wennberg will be affordable.

Reactions: CasusBelli and bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad