Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Plenty of time to get it together.

It’s not end of the world.

It’s just frustrating.

We haven’t been good lately yet still lead the division - and the three main teams below us in standings have been on fire and won’t keep it up too. No need to panic yet

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I think at this point in the season we know we are not going to outwork teams. We create our offense on rushes and the PP. And when we don't finish on our chances it makes it hard for us to score because we rarely have sustained pressure in the O zone. Lately we have been outworked by more desperate teams.

CapsChamps

Nov 30, 2018
Glad the Caps will not face St. Louis in the playoffs. They are playing so much better now that Berube took over as coach. They make the Caps look small.

Caps record this season after 45 games: 27-13-5
Caps record last season after 45 games: 28-14-3

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I’d rather they go through adversity now as opposed to the end of the year.

With that being said, they need their secondary scoring to get going again. All four lines were rolling there for a little bit and that seems to have dried up

Reactions: calicapsfan

Fernard

Jan 14, 2019
Cant remember the last quality win for the Caps. What is their record against .500 + teams this year?

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC

With that being said, they need their secondary scoring to get going again. All four lines were rolling there for a little bit and that seems to have dried up
Our top 2 centers can't seem to score goals either.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

Our 4th line was our best line. Top 2 lines underachieving right now and the 3rd line is a liability.

Reactions: troyerlaw

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Let's get riled up -- what's the record since Orpik came back?

Put Jaskin back in -- with him 4th line had way better zone time, at least against most opponents.

Bottom 6 is being kind of useless right now -- top 6 has an "excuse" to "optimize effort", these guys don't, 'cause they can't consistently bring anything else to the table.

Meh.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Kuzy looks like he has been studying Michael Nylander. Backstrom looks like he has been studying Bura.

Teams have been by and large winning one on one battles with us for quite a while now. If that’s going to be a pattern, then we need to outskill them. The Blues outskilled us tonight.

Rierdon appears to have lost the Caps’ focus, and I suspect it’s starting in practice. He needs to do more than sit non-producing players, he needs to demand focus in practice and on the ice. Tons of soft and lazy passes, nobody going to the net, guys playing around with the puck too much...

Randyne

May 20, 2012
Don't get it how OV get minus, he wasn't on ice on STL EV goals, and Backstrom didn't get minus for deflection on his own net?
tg0XdoN.png

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Don't get it how OV get minus, he wasn't on ice on STL EV goals, and Backstrom didn't get minus for deflection on his own net?
tg0XdoN.png
Those are inaccurate. I already commented on that. Niskanen and Orlov should be minus 2 and Backstrom minus 1. And obviously some guys were given minuses when they weren't on the ice. Carlson and Kempny shouldn't be minus 2 in this game.
I assume that will be changed.

Reactions: Randyne

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I don't know if it's Reirden, but I suspect he has something to do with it. He inherited a team that was firing on all cylinders and - somewhat surprisingly - came out firing on all cylinders after winning the Cup.
It's as if he didn't even need to coach them or do anything - just activate "Trotz mode" and let them play their game.
Last few weeks the team has struggled and there is zero evidence that Reirden or the rest of the coaching staff know how to fix things. That concerns me - regardless of what month we're in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad