Proposal: (STL) Schenn to CGY

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hilarious. I'd trade Schenn only if it included Tkachuk coming back.

A top end RFA for a pending UFA in a year, who also has already surpassed Schenn’s career high in points in a season. At 21 years of age. You’re right, hilarious.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
A top end RFA for a pending UFA in a year, who also has already surpassed Schenn’s career high in points in a season. At 21 years of age. You’re right, hilarious.
Look, a guy from your fandom is asking for the price for a key contributor on a team about to play in the Stanley Cup finals. We have zero reason to shake this roster up unless it's a massive overpay. The question was asked, and us doing a bit of an add to get one of Keith's boys would be the answer.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Robert Thomas maybe?

So the one thing we have needed desperately for the last 2 decades is actual center depth and you want to take 2 of them in one trade?

Let me just sum this up for everyone. The Blues will not trade Schenn, Thomas or Kyrou. We maybe might trade Kostin but he won't get anything we really want 1 for 1 so that's irrelevant.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
So the one thing we have needed desperately for the last 2 decades is actual center depth and you want to take 2 of them in one trade?

Let me just sum this up for everyone. The Blues will not trade Schenn, Thomas or Kyrou. We maybe might trade Kostin but he won't get anything we really want 1 for 1 so that's irrelevant.
I beg to differ. If Tkachuk was coming back, I would gladly five up Schenn and/or Kyrou. Thomas, I agree is untouchable.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto

Buddy you need to relax, I’m a Leafs fan, I don’t know everything about the Blues inside and out but I know Thomas is a pretty good young player. Tkachuk is a young stud already, so yes that’s likely what Flames fans would demand and maybe even more, whether it fits positionally is another story..

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I can Schenn being available when Thomas establishes himself as a 2nd line center in a few seasons but not until then.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I’d do an extended Schenn+Kostin+ for Tkachuk, but that’s the most I’d do. Thomas is a no-go, as Tkachuk would be playing with him, since they’re basically family.

Realistically, I’d be down for a Schenn+Edmundson for Hanifin+Frolik based deal though.

Would expect the Blues to go after a top 6 guy in UFA or trade after that. Frolik would take Maroon’s spot on the 3rd line.

Schwartz/UFA-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
UFA/Schwartz-Thomas-Perron
Fabbri-Bozak-Frolik
Steen-Barbashev-Sundqvist
Blais, Sanford

Hanifin-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Bouwmeester-Bortuzzo/Reinke

Last edited:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Wow, Blues would trade Schenn + for Tkachuk, you don't say.

It's not like Tkachuk is 7 years younger, had more points last year than Schenn's career high and overall is a WAY better play.

The f***.

St. Louis has nothing in their organization that could get the Flames talking about Tkachuk. But this thread is about Schenn, and the Flames don't have the pieces that they'd be willing to give up to get Schenn. Plus he is too old for the what Flames are looking for (even if I would love to have him).

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Yeah, the tkachuk stuff is getting out of hand. For me personally, his value with one year left, is a first plus maybe a little something else. The blues have no reason to trade him for futures though.

The only way I’d trade him is if we were able to somehow land Duchene in free agency.

If my pipe dream of bringing Duchene in doesn’t come true, next course of action would be to try to lock Schenn down to an extension as soon as possible.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Wow, Blues would trade Schenn + for Tkachuk, you don't say.

It's not like Tkachuk is 7 years younger, had more points last year than Schenn's career high and overall is a WAY better play.

The ****.

St. Louis has nothing in their organization that could get the Flames talking about Tkachuk. But this thread is about Schenn, and the Flames don't have the pieces that they'd be willing to give up to get Schenn. Plus he is too old for the what Flames are looking for (even if I would love to have him).

As a Blues fan and huge Schenn fan...sorry. No way we get Tkachuk for so little. I think the Flames would want an O'Reilly or Tank and the Blues take a huge cap dump from the Flames in the deal given Tkachuk's young age. Tkachuk is one of the best young players in the game way over and above Kyrou or Thomas. He's done it. They haven't even scratched the surface.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad