PTO: [STL] James Neal and Michael Frolik sign PTOs with the Blues

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
As you did mine !!!! Are roster spots handed out before camp? Is every spot spoken for in July? Read between the lines and your answer lies there....obviously neither are a threat to crack top 6 so what does that leave?

I don't think either makes the team. You said they will be competing for spots but you won't specify who they will be competing with. You think they're competing with Barbashev, or Sundqvist? Thomas? Bozak? Who are they competing with?

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
I dont disagree entirely but both will be competing for roster spot. I expect Neal will see some playing time.

If he's given a contract he probably will see some playing time here and there. However, that's going to be entirely due to injuries and or trades.

They're 200% certain not going to beat out O'Reilly, Perron, Buchnevich, Saad, Schenn, Tarasenko, Thomas, Kyrou, Sanford, Barbashev, Sundqvist, Bozak and probably Kostin. That's 13 forwards, 12 not counting Sundqvist. Clifford and MacEachern are normally going to be our extra forwards, they will have to focus on those spots. But again, a single injury or trade could change everything.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I think
I don't think either makes the team. You said they will be competing for spots but you won't specify who they will be competing with. You think they're competing with Barbashev, or Sundqvist? Thomas? Bozak? Who are they competing with?
And.....I think aleasr one is offered a contract. Its not necessarily who either will beat out, its about what is different that they can bring to the team.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
If he's given a contract he probably will see some playing time here and there. However, that's going to be entirely due to injuries and or trades.

They're 200% certain not going to beat out O'Reilly, Perron, Buchnevich, Saad, Schenn, Tarasenko, Thomas, Kyrou, Sanford, Barbashev, Sundqvist, Bozak and probably Kostin. That's 13 forwards, 12 not counting Sundqvist. Clifford and MacEachern are normally going to be our extra forwards, they will have to focus on those spots. But again, a single injury or trade could change everything.
Or f9r a different look if the blues get off to a rough start....remember I said offered a contract not beat out a top 6.....

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
real deal james neal popped off a hat trick in the first pre-season game

He scored a ton of goals for the Oilers in the first 10-20 games when he first arrived, got injured, and did squat after that. Very streaky. Hope the Blues get production out of him before he gets injured again.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Wow....how many goals was that???? MR NEAL, isn't hurting his chances at proving me 100 percent right..stay tuned son

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
I hope StLouis signs this bum. He will score ten goals in the first 20 games and then disappear. Classic Neal. The guy is pure garbage. He brings nothing to the table.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I hope StLouis signs this bum. He will score ten goals in the first 20 games and then disappear. Classic Neal. The guy is pure garbage. He brings nothing to the table.
10 goals in the first 20 games would be nice, especially on league minimum. He’s just not worth the almost 6M a season to do that

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014

I don't disagree that Neal isn't much more than the shadow of a fart of his former self - but if he indeed scores 10 goals the first 20 games that is far from nothing. That will probably secure a win or two extra. Hanging on to struggling performers once they've lost all their confidence is the neal issue here. He can't skate at all, will struggle to get into position in time (at least on the rush), but he knows to find the net if the line he's on allows it. I really believed he was entirely done after last season, but maaaaaybe...

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
STL should definitely give him 3 x 4.5m.

I wasn't very excited when the Flames initially singed him. Made absolutely no sense to me why the Flames would buy you Brouwer and then sign a very similar player to a large contract.

If Neal manages to sing another multi-year contract for anything about 1.5 million, he's committed robbery. There was about a 2 month period around January where Neal wasn't total garbage for the Flames. He scores, but refuses to do anything else, and as his scoring gets more inconsistent, he gets worse and worse.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
It's one preseason game. And Hammond was in net.:laugh:

Let's wait to see what he does against a goalie whose played in the big leagues this decade.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
The crows a cooking.....yum yum...can you smell it ??????

You'll have to remind me which of your goal post moving assertions you're referring to. First was that Neal would beat out any projected 4th liner not named Bozak which then got changed to Neal will be offered a league min contract.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
You'll have to remind me which of your goal post moving assertions you're referring to. First was that Neal would beat out any projected 4th liner not named Bozak which then got changed to Neal will be offered a league min contract.
Does it matter ???? You denied both..LOL gobble gobble....stay tuned...at this rate he may be a second liner LOL....in all seriousness, you failed to accept the point that Neal will bring a different look, still has good hands, good in front of the net and PP. He will most likey be offered a contract and play most likey in a 4th line role and PP...kinda just like I said :naughty::naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad