Confirmed Trade: [STL/DET] Jakub Vrana (50% retained) for Dylan McLaughlin, 2025 7th round pick

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Now wouldn't that be something if Kapanen & Vrana both turn their games around and turn into 20-30 goal scorers next year for STL. If so then Doug Armstrong will look like a mad genius.

I would expect both of them to be productive but the defense still needs to be retooled.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
When Vrana is at the top of his game, he's a better player (more lethal offensively) than Mantha, Fabbri, and Kubalik (who I thought was going to be a Vrana 2.0, but more of a Vrana imposter.

I would love to see him turn his life around and get his head on straight. This could be a steal of the decade if Vrana gets back to what he's fully capable of.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Vrana vs Mantha was a loss-loss trade.
Maybe Caps lost a little bit less since Mantha is on our team at least for few more hours :sarcasm:

Reactions: GMR

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Thank you for…Leddy?

Oh, and de la Rose. Who could forget him.

Yeaaah, Wings owed the Blues a favor here. :laugh:
What about Osgood and Legace?

Vrana vs Mantha was a loss-loss trade.
Maybe Caps lost a little bit less since Mantha is on our team at least for few more hours :sarcasm:
If you combine the skillset of those two players, plus add a heart and a brain, you'd have one hell of a player.

Reactions: ovikovy817

GordieHowYaDoin

Nov 9, 2022
Detroit/Nash
Fwiw I heard on our local radio that’s he’s basically locker room cancer. Takes shifts off, practices off, has zero desire to change these things and idk the appropriate phrasing here so forgive me but presumably has a drug problem.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Exactly, the return is basically negligible.

Yeah, I am slightly baffled too.

I know he has not been the same player from a 2-3 years ago. No idea he has fallen this far to warrant basically future considerations with retention.
He scored goals when he played last year. Whatever issues have him in player assistance program must be somewhat serious and Detroit just wants him out of organization.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Makes sense for what the Blues are trying to do with their retool. This was clearly at a point where Detroit just wanted to completely wash their hands of Vrana. Will be interesting to see if he gets things back on track with St. Louis or not. But very little ventured if it doesn't end up working out for them. Big upside if he can get back on form and put all the other stuff behind him.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Love it! I 2.5 mil isn't bad. And for absolutely nothing in return? Why not give him a shot.

With the guys we shipped out we need bodies, and maybe he can get back on track. If not, oh well.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Love it! I 2.5 mil isn't bad. And for absolutely nothing in return? Why not give him a shot.

With the guys we shipped out we need bodies, and maybe he can get back on track. If not, oh well.
I hope he tares it up for you guys. At that return, I would have hoped the Wings would be willing to stick it out and give him another shot.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Vrana is an absolute baller and I have all the time in the world for him. I'd have had him back at the Caps in a heartbeat

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
God, I hope not! Ribeiro not only fell off a cliff, but he dug another huge hole and fell off that cliff.

Still falling.

I haven't looked up Ribeiro for a while.

What a wasted career. One of the most talented players of that age group. Just couldn't get his life together.

I guess that's the worst case scenario for Vrana.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I watched Vrana for the first time this season when Blues played Wings the other night. He was the best player on the ice I thought. Seems to be adjusting really well to St Louis.

Reactions: Bogey64

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I watched Vrana for the first time this season when Blues played Wings the other night. He was the best player on the ice I thought. Seems to be adjusting really well to St Louis.
5 goals, 1 assist in 8 games. I’ll certainly take that!

Took a skate to the nose in a morning skate, had to get 25 stitches outside and inside nostril, still played that night, scored 2 goals.

Hopefully he’s over whatever put him in the assistance program.

He, Blais, Kapanen and now Hofer are killing our tank! :laugh:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Ah, I see;

Have anything to do with substance abuse?

Nobody knows for sure, but he is/was known to be a heavy partier during his time in Washington, especially after they won the Cup. Tom Wilson mentioned awhile back that Vrana was partying so hard that he told him to slow down and was worried about him. Detroit has basically revealed nothing about him as Yzerman doesn't let much of anything get out to the media on any topic. Yzerman only mentioned there were trust issues with him, whatever that may entail. Doug Armstrong only mentioned he has off ice issues or did and they are simply giving him a second chance.

Reactions: EastVillageBlues

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011

Yes, but that's his MO. He looked good on the wings squad in the beginning as well. I really hope he turns his life around but lets not jump the gun here.

5 goals, 1 assist in 8 games. I’ll certainly take that!

Took a skate to the nose in a morning skate, had to get 25 stitches outside and inside nostril, still played that night, scored 2 goals.

Hopefully he’s over whatever put him in the assistance program.

He, Blais, Kapanen and now Hofer are killing our tank! :laugh:

When he joined the Wings he had 11 points in 11 games. He seems to be able to put it together for short spurts. Like I said to the other poster. I hope he has turned a corner but lets wait to next season to see whats what.

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad