Proposal: STL-ARZ

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I don't know. Those are three really good prospects. Bouwmeester would help keep us from being to horrendous in OELs absence. I don't want the kids to get blown out 6-2 three times a week until the end of the season. It's a pretty good offer, really.

Sure, the offer is probably just fine. I don't know much about the prospects, to be honest. But every part of the Arizona organization is trying to improve and win now. I don't think there's any sane combination of prospects and picks that could get OEL at this point.

The value can be bang on, and I still don't think it could happen. Arizona doesn't want futures to rebuild. They want to plug holes and start winning.

I hear you about the kids living through blowouts, though. The season's been pretty brutal on them so far.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
No way the Blues can trade all of Dunn/Kyrou/Thompson without a young top 6 C/RW coming back.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Not a trade the Blues need to make. With the work horses on the right side, we don't need a premiere LHD unless they come from within and are cost controlled

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
A top 4 of OEL, Pietrangelo, Edmundson, and Parayko would scare the hell out of every team in the league.

They could add 50-60 goals by themselves. Potentially more. With Berglund coming back, he adds about 15-20 goals a year. If they could make that the 1st over Thompson or Walman over Dunn, I do that in a heartbeat.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
A top 4 of OEL, Pietrangelo, Edmundson, and Parayko would scare the hell out of every team in the league.

They could add 50-60 goals by themselves. Potentially more. With Berglund coming back, he adds about 15-20 goals a year. If they could make that the 1st over Thompson or Walman over Dunn, I do that in a heartbeat.

Are you saying you'd rather have Walman as ARZ or if you were the Blues you'd rather trade Walman?

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
Are you saying you'd rather have Walman as ARZ or if you were the Blues you'd rather trade Walman?

I'd rather trade Walman. He's got too top four upside, and I do believe he's got better offensive instincts. However Dunn is the better all around defender and I think he'll br more reliable in the future, even if he's outscored by Walman.

Reactions: simon in canada

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
We can still do that. OEL and bow's salary basically equals out. and gives us that 2nd #1 Dman we need. Especially if we can agree to an extension with him.

Berglund coming back, barbashev eventually being called back up will fix our 3rd line and maybe if we need to... we make a minor move for a rental veteran on the 3rd line like a stempniak or something.

We have a good top 6 but not a dominant top6. We're not like chicago or pitt's top 6 were. We need to have a dominant top 4 D if we really want to get over the hump IMO. Who better than a left handed #1 D in his prime?

Wait why not just make the top-6 just better instead of trading for another LHD? And since when did the Blues "need" another #1 defenseman?

OEL is fantastic, and my post is not meant to have anything against him, but this line of reasoning is just strange. It's just saying, "Instead of fixing an area of weakness, let's just overkill an area of strength because of the area of weakness". I'd rather just let Dunn and Walman develop because it's cheaper in terms of both assets spent and in money towards the salary cap. I understand that neither Dunn nor Walman will be as good as OEL, but like I said, it's just overkill to get him.

Reactions: simon in canada

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
While having a D core that wouldn't look too out of place at the Olympics would be fun, it's definitely not a smart deal for the Blues to make. First off, trading 2/3 of our top 6 potential RHS prospects is a mistake for this team. Secondly, there's too much uncertainty up front with injuries and prospects needing a bit more time to be NHL ready, if this deal was made, we'd be counting on the rest of our prospects to hit their stride in order to maintain depth due to the cap constraints from adding another high dollar D long term, especially when Petro, Dunn, and Schenn need new contracts the year after OEL's next contract would begin.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Blues are 2nd in the league as they are. What they need help with is the PP and that's more a coaching issue than personnel. OEL would be nice but the price quoted is flat out insane. It makes the Blues signifigantly worse while continuing the tradition of Arizona being a total tire fire of a team.

Last edited:

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Not a trade the Blues need to make. With the work horses on the right side, we don't need a premiere LHD unless they come from within and are cost controlled
I completely agree. If we're dealing with ARZ, I'm exploring what it would take to get Dylan Strome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad