Proposal: STL-ARZ

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Before you look at what will most likely be a terrible proposal......yes, it is a pipe dream and 99.9999999% chance it won't happen, so here we go....

To STL:
OEL

To ARZ:
Jay Bouwmeester(salary/OEL's spot)
Jake Walman/Vince Dunn
Jordan Kyrou
2019 1st/ Tage Thompson

The thought of an OEL-Petro, Eddy-Parayko top 4 all signed long term in their prime is way to good to pass up even if we are giving up a ton value wise.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Arizona is already deep as hell in futures, I can't see them making a move unless its a high-draft pick, a young-proven NHLer or an A+ blue-chip prospect, which this package doesn't have, as much as I like Kyrou.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I would rather focus on trying to fix our 3rd line with the cap space.. our defense will be fine

We can still do that. OEL and bow's salary basically equals out. and gives us that 2nd #1 Dman we need. Especially if we can agree to an extension with him.

Berglund coming back, barbashev eventually being called back up will fix our 3rd line and maybe if we need to... we make a minor move for a rental veteran on the 3rd line like a stempniak or something.

We have a good top 6 but not a dominant top6. We're not like chicago or pitt's top 6 were. We need to have a dominant top 4 D if we really want to get over the hump IMO. Who better than a left handed #1 D in his prime?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
We can still do that. OEL and bow's salary basically equals out. and gives us that 2nd #1 Dman we need. Especially if we can agree to an extension with him.

Berglund coming back, barbashev eventually being called back up will fix our 3rd line and maybe if we need to... we make a minor move for a rental veteran on the 3rd line like a stempniak or something.

We have a good top 6 but not a dominant top6. We're not like chicago or pitt's top 6 were. We need to have a dominant top 4 D if we really want to get over the hump IMO. Who better than a left handed #1 D in his prime?

We have 0 NHL ready RH shot forwards aside from Brodziak. I don't believe Sundqvist is NHL ready and I don't view Thorburn as an NHL player. Having a RH shot RW in our top 6 or to play on the 3rd line with offensive upside (.ie Versteeg/Vrbata) kills two birds with one stone. Helps our PP and helps our 3rd line scoring out.

On the other hand OEL will get a raise over what JBo is being paid and fairly soon. TO go on top of that we need to pay Edmundson. Dunn is a completely capable Top 4 ELC Dman right now... Not sure why you would want to trade him although OEL is a significant upgrade. We also need to pay Fabbri this offseason although I'm fairly certain he will be stuck on a few 1 year deals due to injury concerns.

"We have a good top 6 but not a dominant top6. We're not like chicago or pitt's top 6 were." - Well these two teams have more than one thing in common and it's Stanley Cup Victories. If our top 6 is good but not good enough, our 3rd line is the equivalent of a top 6 AHL line and our 4th line is a 4th line why exactly are we going out and getting help on the blueline? (An area that has played extremely well this year)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Arizona trades OEL for an aging, injured Bouwmeester and we get Dunn, Kyrou, and Thompson for the trouble? Those are three very nice prospects. Bouwmeester is a fine placeholder/TDL chip. It's pretty close. I'd want more though.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Coyotes are likely to retain 50% of OEL's contract because it increases his trade value and helps Arizona get to the capfloor in '18-19.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
No knock on OEL, but I would not make this trade from the Blues. That's too much quality youth to part with. It would impact on the viability of the Blues window going forward. So, I'll have spent that package and still not obtained either a top 6 center or a quality RW. The 3rd line will have even worse of an outlook. I don't think the team would actually be better after this trade.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Definitely not trading Dunn, so it would have to be Walman.

And not both Kyrou AND Thompson. These are both future top 3/6 forwards.

Bouwmeester still has at least a few more years of being a top defender in him.

Bouwmeester+Walman+Kyrou+3rd rounder is the most I'd trade for OEL.

Our core top 4 will be Edmundson/Dunn/Petro/Parayko, so no need for OEL anyways.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
As stated, the Blues need to bump the offense, especially right hand shot RW'ers. OEL would put a lot of $$$ on the blueline and not address the glaring problem the blues have on the right side. Plus, you are giving away a lot of future offensive talent on ELC contracts which we will need to keep us at the cap ceiling. Easy no from this Blues fan.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Watching Dunn play yesterday, I wouldn't move him. I think in a few years, he'll be a top 50 defenseman.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
As terrifying as this would make their D, seems like a poor use of assets on St. Louis' part, and would probably still take another small add on their part tbh

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Have you watched Dunn play? I wouldn't trade Dunn for OEL by himself and especially not in a package of like 5 other things for him. Dunn is going to be insanely good and cost controlled for several years to come. Besides defense is not something we need help with.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Arizona trades OEL for an aging, injured Bouwmeester and we get Dunn, Kyrou, and Thompson for the trouble? Those are three very nice prospects. Bouwmeester is a fine placeholder/TDL chip. It's pretty close. I'd want more though.

You're being too kind.

Enough with the OEL for 1st+prospect trade ideas. It absolutely will not happen.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
You're being too kind.

Enough with the OEL for 1st+prospect trade ideas. It absolutely will not happen.

I don't know. Those are three really good prospects. Bouwmeester would help keep us from being to horrendous in OELs absence. I don't want the kids to get blown out 6-2 three times a week until the end of the season. It's a pretty good offer, really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->