Still weeding out the virus... 3-2 Ducks

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Bergevin... you have a chance to win back the crowd with two shift moves this off season.

• Fire Therrien
  • Trade/Buy out Desharnais

That's it.
our team would be so solid with a different coach, i'm sure of it.

i was watching the Hawks game tonight. they never dump it in, they're always skating it in. surprise. . . it leads to tons of scoring chances. sigh

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bergevin... you have a chance to win back the crowd with two shift moves this off season.

• Fire Therrien

That's it.

Low hanging fruit moves for most GMs. Bergevin is not most GMs.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal

• Fire Therrien

That's it.

Those are no brainer moves but he has to find a way to improve the top 6 too, going into next season with this roster would be the ultimate proof that he's an incompetent clown.

guapo23

Sep 30, 2005
i disagree with some of you. I thought MaxPac played a great game. He was physical, throwing hits, defending his teammates. He finally seems to have his speed back. Was dangerous, trying to split the D. Yes, he made a few bad passes but looks to me like he is waking up

guapo23

Sep 30, 2005
Also been very impressed with Danault. He plays smart, plays hard, never gives up.

Matteau seems physically solid. Every hit the Ducks threw at him led to them falling down.

Last edited:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
have to say, eller is really looking like a top six forward lately. Good to see. Still think his perfect spot is a third line centre, but if all else fails....

guapo23

Sep 30, 2005
is it possible that MB finally has a plan? By adding gritty 3rd and 4th liners, maybe MT's only strategy of dump and chase might start working. And the coach will have no choice but to play skilled prospects in top 6

Last edited:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

• Fire Therrien

That's it.

I got a good feeling DD will be gone. MT seems way too secure about his job. I think he's staying.

I think people would like MB's 'bargain bin' moves a lot more and treat them far more objectively if he made a few big trades and/or canned MT. Him getting warm bodies and interesting projects for the likes of Christian Thomas, Dustin Tokarski and DSP is pretty impressive.

I think Lessio should get a shot some time. I liked the one game I saw him in when he got back from injury.

All in all I think the kids look great. Especially when you consider The Gallys as kids too. Veteran kids but still kids. I think MB's bread and butter will be the draft and small deals and I've got a good feeling about that. he's obviously confident in his prospects and I think it will pay off.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
The Ducks were on an 8 game winning streak. It's an elite team. The Habs should feel proud of the way they tonight.

Forget for a second that Price was out. Even if were healthy, Condon would probably still play one of the two games in the LA area. And Condon played pretty well and gave us a chance to win.

But with 3 of your top 6 defencemen out, the team is really, really deprived of talent, we have to see that CLEARLY, no? Therefore, I am very impressed with the compete level we saw, and the close to 50% chance of victory on enemy ice against a hot team is fine with me.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
have to say, eller is really looking like a top six forward lately. Good to see. Still think his perfect spot is a third line centre, but if all else fails....

I'm happy that Eller is finally getting a real shot at a top 6 and we see what he is capable of. He and Galchenyuk were the only +2 on the team last night. Under any other coach they both would have been ahead of DD on the depth chart.

That feeling when you realize your team is being run by a bunch of buffoons it's like a punch in the gut.

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'm happy that Eller is finally getting a real shot at a top 6 and we see what he is capable of. He and Galchenyuk were the only +2 on the team last night. Under any other coach they both would have been ahead of DD on the depth chart.

Since November 22, Galchenyuk has played more minutes per game than Desharnais. Eller is playing well now and should also play more than Desharnais even if the latter returns from injury.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It begs the question.......what does happen to DD when he's healthy and good to go?

Serious answers here.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It begs the question.......what does happen to DD when he's healthy and good too good?

Serious answers here.

He goes right back to play top line minutes.

The world and MT/MB have very different views on what should happen to Desharnais.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Mad props to Plekanec who even though the team has no chance at making the post season he shows up in playoff mode regardless! What a guy!

21:33 TOI last night

1 SOG

But hey, at least he was solid defensively and on the PK

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

The world and MT/MB have very different views on what should happen to Desharnais.

For real, you think this happens? Who's losing their roster spot, who is DD replacing and what's the ripple down effect?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
For real, you think this happens? Who's losing their roster spot, who is DD replacing and what's the ripple down effect?

McCarron. I would prefer to never see Desharnais in a Habs jersey again but that's not happening.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It begs the question.......what does happen to DD when he's healthy and good to go?

Serious answers here.

Desharnais should never see the ice again as a Hab.
If he is recovering nicely concoct a set back.
We need to continue to use Eller/Galchenyuk in that number two slot.
As a matter of fact Eller probably had his best game EVER as a winger last night.
If McCarron proves he can keep up with the pace I loved that line.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

I don't see that...he wasn't playing top line minutes before he went down

Don't see why he would when he returns...I think the end is near for DD personally

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
If DD was indeed available at the deadline, one would think that when he's back, he'll get a more limited role till the end of the season. Worst case, MT's gonna MT and he'll take his regular spot back but I have a feeling that these would be his last games as a Hab. I think MB will try to move him in the off-season if there are any takers. Otherwise he'll be bought or buried in the AHL, at least this is my hope.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

That feeling when you realize your team is being run by a bunch of buffoons it's like a punch in the gut.

So true.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

DD back on top 6
Eller back as 3rd line C (or LW even ?)
rotation for guys like DLR, Ghetto or Matteau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad