Still weeding out the virus... 3-2 Ducks

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Galchenyuk's goals tonight:

Right side of the ice.
Center of the ice.

Clear Chucky is a C/RW.. no idea why they use him on LW, the worst forward position for him.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I know the concept of shut down line still exist but having Matteau and De Larose trying to match up against Getzlav was asking way too much of them. Matteau would have been more effective crashing and banging on the fourth line.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Rare Pacioretty sighting

315e82r.jpg

incognito Burrito*

I would just like to say that Bergevin has to be upset a little. You pick Brown up to play against tough teams and your dumb-as-**** coach benches him against a tough team.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Good old Lars Eller. Does some really good things but end up missing an open net which costs us the game.:laugh:

Never gonna score on that play falling away from the net.
Why am I sure these details are escaping our coaching staff.
It's a simple adjustment and Eller had all day to do it.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I don't mind losing games like this. The Habs gave it all they had and showed some heart. The young guys also looked good. Those are the type of games we want. Winning isn't important anymore this season, it's the quality of the game.

yRessUneChose

yRessUneBarbe
Jun 7, 2015
positive:
they didnt get rammed like they did vs the Sharks
McCaron looked alright
Galchenyuk goals were beautiful
Matteau skating is strong compared to DSP it seems, bad penalty but he responded well to it right after
Subban good as always
Condon good
pleks good on pK etc

negative:
they play in less than 24hrs the Kings with Scrivens in net
they got a point
therrien still HC
galchenyuk not center, not even RW
andrighetto on 4rth line
bartley or w/e
refs brutal non-call on the Ducks 1st period, which resulted in 2 pps

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Good old Lars Eller. Does some really good things but end up missing an open net which costs us the game.:laugh:

This, too. Looks good all the time, right up until the point where you need the puck to actually go in the net, or hit the tape of a linemate's stick, or NOT get possessed off into no man's land...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gotta give it to the Habs. McCarron showed he belongs. Chucky is a star in the making, is trademarking a mean money shot.

How did you guys like Ellis and Pateryn tonight?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Good game. It was so good to see the Habs compete in a physical game and not get run over.

McCarron, Matteau, DLR, Pateryn even Emelin all stood their ground. Habs competed tonight.

The D would be much much better with Beaulieu and Petry on it. It had issues moving the puck.

Ellis has a wicked beard. He seems like he has a good outlet pass too.

A fun game to watch. It's been awhile since I said that.

Chucky is unreal. Just getting better and better.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I know the concept of shut down line still exist but having Matteau and De Larose trying to match up against Getzlav was asking way too much of them. Matteau would have been more effective crashing and banging on the fourth line.

Wait, isn't it the Ducks wanting that matchup since they have the last change?

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Gotta give it to the Habs. McCarron showed he belongs. Chucky is a star in the making, is trademarking a mean money shot.

How did you guys like Ellis and Pateryn tonight?

I'll give Ellis a couple of games... but Pateryn, I like the guy. Liked him for a while. Trade Emelin and keep him, its the same style but he can be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad