Still proud of this team

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Said it before the Finals and I'll say it again. Thank you Sharks for a great season. There are bright spots all over the roster, and this was not expected by the majority here and throughout the hockey world.

Jones, you're a monster. Stay a Shark forever.
Ward, you're one of the best FA signings the Sharks have ever had.
Couture, you battled to the last.

Pavs, Thornton, Marleau, you were vital in getting us this far. I know some will blame them for the loss, but they would not have gotten this far without them.

Braun, you stepped it up big time in this series. Vlasic, Burns, you had career years.

There are places to tweak on the roster, but the young guys like Tierney, Donskoi, Hertl and Karlsson showed up this year. We have things to look forward to as Sharks fans.

Retool, regroup, and come back next year. None of us expected what you brought to the table this year, and I hope we're surprised again next year.

Felys

Sep 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I'm not upset at the team at all. They went well above any expectations I had for them this season. I just wish the finals felt more fair. Without all the interference going uncalled, icing ties being given against us every time, and players being tossed from faceoffs for nothing...

Thepainter

Feb 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
Damn right we should be proud of the accomplishment of making the cup finals.

We should be down right pissed about the effort given after that, though. I thought (jokingly) they'd be content with just making it... but it turned out to be true.

1 shot in the 3rd period of an elimination game... just... amateur.

sjsharky

Sep 9, 2007
Mendocino Coast
Absolutely. The Penguins were the better team on paper, and it showed through on the ice. They played an absolutely incredible series this SCF, and they deserved to win it. We did well to take it to game 6.

Yea, our stars could have played better, maybe. But let's not act like the dominant performance of the Pens wasn't the biggest reason that our stars were held mostly silent. They did well.

Winning a Stanley Cup is an amazing accomplishment. We didn't quite get there this year, but we got close. I'm really proud of that.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I am too although I'd be lying if I said that this was easy to swallow...thank you to the Sharks for a great season. I'm proud of you!

Linkster

Beard goggles!
Nov 11, 2010
Coastal Sharkifornia
Thinking about Martin Jones after this series (and playoffs) as the bonafide Sharks' goalie-of-the-future, and Doug Wilson would be silly to throw that all away with poor acquisitions this summer.

They're coming back next season bigger, better, and unchained!

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Am I proud of the Sharks. You bet your backside I am. This team rebounded back from missing the playoffs last season in the 2nd best way possible. The fought all through the season and made it this far. Showed a never die attitude.

It was heartbreaking to see them go out this way but there is no doubt that the team that played better in this series won. The refs were bad and I am not going to defend them in any way. This is one of the worst refereeing I have seen over the course of a series in a long while but the Sharks did not really play very well. The Pens were the most talented team they played in the playoffs and also a team that stuck to its system and strengths. Something the Sharks refused to do in this round.

Our strength was supposed to be our D and I was embarrassed by the show they put on the ice. Martin and Dillon were garbage. Polak was less stinky garbage. Burns was largely neutralized by the Pens.

Pavs played like garbage through the whole series. I am guessing he is injured but most people won't remember that. What they will remember is that we lost the SC. Hertl getting injured did not help either.

Lots of positives to take from this season. More positives to look for in the next season with our prospects (hopefully) stepping up and making our good team even better. Will take a little bit of time for the pain of this loss to die.

Cannot wait for next season. Lets go Sharks!

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I remember talking with people from one of my fantasy leagues before the season, and the few of them I talked to all had the Sharks missing the playoffs completely.

I am proud of the team's season as a whole, but I am very disappointed with how they played tonight. Very.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I remember talking with people from one of my fantasy leagues before the season, and the few of them I talked to all had the Sharks missing the playoffs completely.

I am proud of the team's season as a whole, but I am very disappointed with how they played tonight. Very.

You can change that to the way we played this series. I am going to put a lot of that on the Pens but I just know that we could have been better if we had played our system. We stopped doing the same things that worked all playoffs long. And we still pushed this to 6 games. One thing is for sure. Dillon-Polak was a disaster this series. And I am genuinely concerned how Martin holds up through his contract. If we seriously want to win a cup our top-4 D needs to be able to play through all 4 rounds of the playoffs.

Not sure why. Kind of confused and dumbfounded by that.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
You can change that to the way we played this series. I am going to put a lot of that on the Pens but I just know that we could have been better if we had played our system. We stopped doing the same things that worked all playoffs long. And we still pushed this to 6 games. One thing is for sure. Dillon-Polak was a disaster this series. And I am genuinely concerned how Martin holds up through his contract. If we seriously want to win a cup our top-4 D needs to be able to play through all 4 rounds of the playoffs.

Not sure why. Kind of confused and dumbfounded by that.

Dillon and polak were legit directly responsible for half the goals scored against us

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Very proud of this team, but we were clearly outmatched in the final. Yes im ****** off with CBC over the bias comments from Healy, Simpson etc every game, but damn Pittsburgh was that good. Not even going to mention the refs, because our ST completely stunk against Pittsburgh, and they have to be given credit in all facets. We got beat in all area's, so no excuse. We had no answer for them! Now onto Thornton and Marleau. I don't want to see them in teal next year or any year after, and really hope they just hang them up. They did amazing service for the team over many years, so let's just leave it at that. We need to get younger and faster....period. To all the Martin Jones haters, I really hope you watched the last 2 games, because I don't think we have seen the best from him yet. Just don't take this many years to get back to the Final's!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've read a couple posts around here where people would have rather lost to LA in round one or not have made the playoffs if losing in the finals was the alternative. I know that those posts are small by an extremely small minority, but I can't get behind that at all.

I can't be more proud of this run, I had a lot of fun. Last May and playoff season was a tough time for me personally, perhaps these last couple months would have been just as disappointing for me if this playoff run had ended earlier or no playoffs at all. And I absolutely hate the offseason, and this made the offseason go by fast. We're almost halfway between the end of the regular season and the start of the world cup of hockey, which is at least some kind of hockey aired on TV.

I had a lot of fun, aside from the final outcome. The only complaint outside of the final outcome was how they dragged this finals out. It probably should have started a couple days after it did. Some of the long breaks between the games in the different cities were frustrating.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
I am just happy I get to share this playoff run with all you guys.

I have a lot of fun.

DW, let's get back to work. (Everybody, hop off the sack-DW train !)

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
Proud of the Sharks! They exceeded my expectations for the year. What a great run! If it weren't for injuries, I think we could have taken this further and possibly won. Luck has a lot to do with winning the cup, and we had it for 3 rounds.

Till next time! Go Sharks!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Next year, with the additions of Meier and Goldobin, this team's going to be even better.

If they play to their potential and are NHL ready and replace some of the deadweight, I think that's very possible.

And not to mention that a legit backup goalie ALL YEAR long will also help to get a few more points in the standings.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I'm proud but I can't help but be disappointed they didn't show more in the finals. They had more to show, I'm positive.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Next year, with the additions of Meier and Goldobin, this team's going to be even better.

I am fairly confident about that. Two things worry me a little bit:

- The loss in the SC finals. Us fans are *****ing and moaning about **** and blaming the players. But it is the players that actually lost. I would not be surprised if we have a very bad start next year. Something we cannot really afford in a conference that is already so competitive. Cannot even imagine how Jumbo and Patty feel right now. They have played in this league for 18 years and realize that this may have been their last chance at the cup. Its sad.

- Jumbo holding up the level of play he showed this year. He will be year older and may regress.

The second point to me is more worrisome than the first. If Jumbo can play at a similar level as this year (end up with 70-75 points) I am fairly confident about next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad