Rumor: Stephens: Ducks closing in on deal with Koivu

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Koivu signing means Bonino is the 2nd line center next year. Unless we are trading Holland in a package for a 2nd line center, then Holland needs to make the jump to the NHL full time and he wont be starting on the 2nd line.

My guess is that we re-sign Steckel and Holland will split time with him. Bonino is perfect in a 3rd/4th line role but he will be our 2C until someone passes him.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
I dont mind anything about bonino. This team is better with him somewhere.

But we need to win faceoffs. Is there some hockey school we enroll bonino in for the summer?

At that notion, we shoukd get getz some faceoff courses too.

Oct 18, 2011
whatever.
until i see some real changes i'm not high on this roster.
bonino is not a no.2 center on a cup contender yet, despite how much he has improved.

nothing against koivu

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Koivu is so underrated, he was on a pace for 49-50 points had this been a full 82 game season, while playing with the likes of Cogliano and Winnik. When you factor his points and linemates in, along with his defensive game, $3 mil would be a good contract. Of course, at his age and with the cap coming down, it wouldn't hurt if he took a paycut.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Koivu is so underrated, he was on a pace for 49-50 points had this been a full 82 game season, while playing with the likes of Cogliano and Winnik. When you factor his points and linemates in, along with his defensive game, $3 mil would be a good contract. Of course, at his age and with his cap coming down, it wouldn't hurt if he took a paycut.
It wouldn't hurt if he did, but as you said, he more than justified the money he made last year.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Koivu is still very useful 3rd C and finding a replacement for him would be very difficult so hope he continues. Saku's family loves OC so no need for them to look other options.

And what comes to Teemu, did everybody forget how crazy season it was with back to back games and the tight schedule. Old players can't handle those like young. It was the biggest reason why Teemu sucked there. Old body didn't recover fast enough and he wasn't having fun there.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Selanne playing with Boninio isn't going to result in much, in terms of production. 15-16 minutes won't help either. I'd love to see him get to 700 this season, but it almost sounds like it won't happen, still playing or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad