Confirmed with Link: Stepan and Raanta for Arizona 2017 7th Overall and DeAngelo Mod Post #286

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
As long as we don't take like Rasmussen at 7 OA I'm happy with this.

Just cleared 6.5M in cap space without any coming back (it seems), and I'm a big fan of D'Angelo despite the personality issues.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Awful ****ing trade. Down to 2 nhl centers. To add probably the yotes 5th best prospect/kid and a qst round puck in a weak draft. Deangello better light the world in fire. **** off Gorton.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'll decide how I feel about this deal when I see what they do with the 7th overall pick.

Good luck to Stepan. Good warrior. Have to wonder how they shore up our depth at center now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The more I analyze this trade, the more I like it.

This team needed change. This is exactly what we did here, and the value really isn't that far off.

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
More cap space for Shatty.

And Smith.

Don't hate it--wish we got more but in the cap world it's a win.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
kid needs to learn how to play better defense if he's gonna be a top 4 guy.

we're gonna miss Stepan a lot more than you all realize we will.

no reason we don't pick up a center somewhere. can't believe this team will be relying on Kevin Hayes to nut up this season. hope it comes to fruition, otherwise we're gonna have a very annoying season, visually speaking

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Friggin told you guys we were overvaluing him. :laugh:

Cap space is a big deal here. I just hope it's not for Shattenkirk. And for the love of god do not screw up this pick. :help:

I feel like this means big changes are coming. DeAngelo is a bottom pairing option for this season who can run the PP, but he's not a top-4 yet. This deal, without a doubt, weakens the team for next season.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
This team needed change. We're a stagnant team, especially in the playoffs. I'm hoping Nash is moved as well.

I really hope DeAngelo is a good 40pt dman.. I honestly don't know much about him, is Barrie a decent comparison?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Shatty is seeking a 7 year deal. I hope they stay far away from that.
Agreed. Even with the cleared cap space, Shattenkirk is far too rich.

Not sure how I feel. Feel like they could have done better. And the team's strength (center) has now been taken away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad