Stefan Elliot, John Tavares and Brandon Gormley

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by WesternEliteHockeyPr, Dec 5, 2006.

1. WesternEliteHockeyPr

WesternEliteHockeyPr Registered User

Home Page:
    These are the top ranked playes from each league for the 2009 NHL draft. Many say that Tavarez will up Sakic's numbers and plays much like a Joe Sakic, Brandon Gormley is a dman from Notre Dame who will playing in the QMJHL next year and many compare him to a Neidermayer type dman and Elliot is a puck moving dman with a good defensive game who many compare to Nic Lidstrom. Looks like 09 in North America is very strong once again after a couple off years.

Tavarez
    Gormley
    Elliot
    Cowen

2. WesternEliteHockeyPr

Home Page:
    Follow up

Inside look at 3 players who will in the Top 10. Can't guarantee anything higher but those are the TOp 3 in each of the CHL leagues thus far.

3. WesternEliteHockeyPr

Home Page:
    Other guys from the West are:

Ryan Howse BC

Landon Ferraro- Ray's Son, BC

Mitch Berg- Sask

4. VanNistelrooy

VanNistelrooy Registered User

Steven Anthony > Brandon Gormley

5. fullspeed

fullspeed Registered User

who knows

You would have to say Ferraro, howse , and elliot should be front runners from BC.
    Penner from Alberta
    Ashton ,cowden,hbubnick

The funny thing guys get drafted high in the dub never get a sniff at the show draft to much pressure for these kids to handle.
    look at 90's
    Prokop, wudrick, trach, frazzee , hickmont all top picks no sucess
    also look at 89's Sonnee, daley, slyvester, fussi, gillies, very little stats sucess as well
    may find another milan lucic come out of the wood works.

6. scoutman1

scoutman1 Twitter - scoutman33

Home Page:
    actually Gormley is a 92 born he isn't even ranked untill 2010. He played for PEI this year at the U17s at the Atlantic Challenge Cup and was only 14 years old playing on the team. He is ranked for NEXT years QMJHL draft, but he is born 1992, had something like 42 points in 36 points in 10 bantam games and is now scoring at a point per game ratio at 14 years old with the Midget AAA Notre Dame Hounds...the is a scary talent....he is defense to and is like 6'1 now.

7. ISS Hockey

ISS Hockey Top30 Draft Rankings

Home Page:

Here is a link to the team stats for Brandon Gormley's bantam team.

http://www.quantumlynx.com/southsaskminorhockey/bantmain.htm

When I interviewed him in October, he told me he was six-feet tall and weighed 165 pounds. His dad is big, so expect him to fill out quite a bit in the next few years.

8. WesternEliteHockeyPr

Home Page:
    Stefan Elliot, Landon Ferraro, Ryan Howse

Do these 3 guys project as high picks in the 2009 NHL draft. I think they really should, these 3 are scary good for their age. Elliot has a about a point per game on defense in the BC Midget League while Howse and Ferraro are lighting it up nicely with well over a goal per game. Some in the "know" let me know.

9. scoutman1

Home Page:

yeah I had the points page...scary isn't it...yeah I seen him at the Atlantic Challenge Cup this year, he is just down right the most talented young d-man I have seen, in some time.

You know what Garrett Clarke from Shattuck is from New Brunsiwck and isn't too far from Gormley. Watch out for Gormley and Clarke of be highly talked about prospects. Clarke plays for Shattuck Bantam.

10. Buffalo87

Buffalo87 thehosers dot com

That's unbeleivable! 190 GF and 19 against, 15 guys averaging a point a game, 8 averaging 2 a game, 4 averaging 3 a game!

11. faucette78

faucette78 Registered User

I am not saying your wrong but according to the Shattuck website they say his home town is Hortonville, WI. Do you konw any reason for that?

He is leading the team in scoring which is pretty impressive.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  12. scoutman1

Home Page:
    because Clarke is from New Brunswick but his family moved to the USA so he could play prep school. He is from Moncton though. Shattuck just puts their current living area.

13. Fedz

Fedz Registered User

GM of Junior Hockey Team
    Home Page:
    Howse will definitely be a top 5 pick in his draft year unelss something goes terribly wrong. The kid has been called up for the Prince George Spruce Kings for two games this year and played first line in both, and if he was old enough he'd be a PPG payer in that league. Then on top of that when called up to play for Chilliwack he has a third star notch and a goal to his belt, ALREADY!

I know a player from the Bruins who is currently injured, and he said that Howse is the real deal and if it weren't for age he'd be playing with the team now, and producing.