Steam #16 - Summer Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Santa

of Wonderland
Feb 4, 2016
Montreal
I just won Cuphead in a microsoft paint 1930's drawing contest! xD
I'm excited to play it, this game has been -super- hyped up this week.

4D3xAGX.jpg

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Heard it’s good looks interesting but don’t think I’ll ever buy it for some reason

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
The original Fallout is free on Steam until the end of the month. You just have to activate it to your account:

Edit - Pretty cool that the new boards posts a link like that to Steam but you'll have to click the original in the bundle that it mistakenly links to. From there, you can activate it to your account.

I picked it up and tried to play it. After I fought it to get it working (I should've guessed compatibility mode...), I was immediately lost.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I picked it up and tried to play it. After I fought it to get it working (I should've guessed compatibility mode...), I was immediately lost.
Yeah thats one classic game I cant go near. you miss all your attacks in the early game and the world is really confusing.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Nioh coming to Steam. Will probably pick it up on ps4 still since the price is more likely to go down.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
If any of the Humble monthly subscribers want to give away Tomb Raider or Orwell, I'd gladly take either. Will be back on Humble in a few months after I'm done traveling :)

Individual 1

Jan 25, 2012
I find cuphead a little too hard, personally I wouldn't pay for it, it isn't my type of game. The bosses are fairly creative I don't like that some parts of bosses are not in the simple difficulty.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
If any of the Humble monthly subscribers want to give away Tomb Raider or Orwell, I'd gladly take either. Will be back on Humble in a few months after I'm done traveling :)

Yeah it was a good haul this month. Unfortunately I also temporarily canceled my subscription.

Gotta make a dent in the ol backlog.

I find cuphead a little too hard, personally I wouldn't pay for it, it isn't my type of game. The bosses are fairly creative I don't like that some parts of bosses are not in the simple difficulty.

Yeah I finished the simple mode. On island three for regular and getting my butt kicked. Crushing difficulty.

I'm horrendously bad at platformers but love the game. I'm not sure I'm going to make it though. I've died like 700 times haha.

Personally I would have preferred they have simple mode feature all the bosses and phases but just have less crap flying at you. Perfect compromise IMO.

Those Run n' Guns though...ugh.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008

Turns out I do have an extra copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider if you're still searching.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Just discovered the steam trading cards thing. I have over 150 hours on TF2 from a couple years ago, and probably like 10 since building a pc but haven't received a single trading card. What's the deal? I know they're not worth much but kind of annoying.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Just discovered the steam trading cards thing. I have over 150 hours on TF2 from a couple years ago, and probably like 10 since building a pc but haven't received a single trading card. What's the deal? I know they're not worth much but kind of annoying.

You only get cards from F2P games if you ever gave them money.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Just pre-ordered Wolfenstein II Deluxe Edition on GreenManGaming because f*** yeah. It's 25% off right now. Seriously, I can't f***ing wait to play it :). I know I shouldn't pre-order games, especially pre-order Bethesda games, but yeah, I need to play this :laugh:.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Humble Bundle was bought by IGN. Luckily IGN has stated they will not be changing anything (atm anyway) and HB will continue to run independently but will support them now

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I'd like to think IGN isn't going to fix something that isn't broken, but we'll have to wait and see. Very interesting move.

New to the forums, BTW. Hello!

Normally these 'not going to change anything' are to be taken with a huge degree of skepticism because it's usually bullshit... but IGN isn't a big game publisher they're an entertainment website. Unlike an EA I'm not sure what they would have to gain by 'messing' with something like Humble Bundle, other than maybe some cross platform advertisement.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Normally these 'not going to change anything' are to be taken with a huge degree of skepticism because it's usually bull****... but IGN isn't a big game publisher they're an entertainment website. Unlike an EA I'm not sure what they would have to gain by 'messing' with something like Humble Bundle, other than maybe some cross platform advertisement.

It does create an interesting conflict of interest in that a content publisher now owns an etailer because Humble is more than the bundles now that they have had the store a few years.

Not unique but definitely on the largest scale seen as of yet I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad