WJC: Statsy's WJC Pool: Year 6

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I can just leave it. I truly believe after reading a few things that Fabbro wont get cut but doesn't play a single game. I think they keep him just to "be nice". I didn't realize he was even injured when I made that selection. The only reason I brought up the topic is bc I'd rather have a few extra points from someone potentially, but I can just keep the Fabbro pick. No big deal.
I can guarantee you that he is either good to play or he gets cut. Can't be both as they actually have a guy lined up as replacement in Josh Mahura. Can you imagine if they cut Mahura a second time so they could just give the spot to Fabbro's name? Not gonna happen.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
In the two pools I'm in, I should have both starters in this game (Czech/Russia). Somehow I have neither. However, the way the goals have started going in... maybe that's not such a bad thing.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Damn it. Michnac was healthy scratch today, hope this trend does not continue. At least it looks like Woll is starting against Denmark today.

Good luck to everyone!

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Sorry for the painfully slow update today, but after watching that much hockey I needed to take a nap!

The first day is officially in the books and though things are pretty tight, WTK does lead the pack with 10 points as his Swedes came through for him with some multi-point games, including the only shutout. Tom is in second with an identical 4 goal, 6 assist day, minus any goalie points. C4G sits just a point behind with 9. Here's the full standings table for your perusal.

StandingsTableDay1.png

Tomsburninghat

Dec 13, 2013
British Columbia
How about that first day though? What a great way to spend Boxing Day! I needed some couch time too after excessive eating and drinking.
Today, I'm going on an all Raddysh diet...hope that's good for another 2+ points today :)

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Yes, I also counted at least two other times a guy should have gotten an assist but didn't. The funny thing is that this is still a VAST improvement over how bad they used to be at this. They'll never be as diligent as poolsters are.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Hart not playing, Clague not playing, feel free to pass me today and tomorrow guys, those of you who aren't already ahead anyway, last chance ;)

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Standings after Day 2:

StandingsTableDay2.png

The second day of WJC competition is often a quiet one with just a couple of games on the schedule. However, with Canada in one of those, some people did pick up points. Statsy led the day with 5 points on the strength of Jordan Kyrou's 3 point day and a pair of assists from Cale Makar. Tade also picked up 3 points with Sam Steel collecting a pair of points as well as a big goal by Philipp Kurashev. A couple others picked up a two points apiece, while three guys were blanked today. Here are the totals from the day's action:

Statsy - 5 pts
Tade - 3 pts
Tomsburninghat - 2 pts
Canada4Gold - 2 pts
Khabby - 1 pt
FightingSioux - 0 pts
WeThreeKings - 0 pts
Woodhouse - 0 pts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad