Stastnys role

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
His play away from the puck is nuts! He scores the GWG, 2 assist. Fabbri-Stastny-Brouwer work so well together, Stastny is a faceoff machine, he's great.
Toews, Kane, Benn over the course of 14 games combined for 2 goals. Statsny has scored 3 goals. So I have no issues with his production. When we needed him most (game 7s) he put up 1 goal, 4 points in 2 games.

You got me man-crushing hard over here. :nod:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
That was a great play by Stastny. He was extremely physical on Benn. He's been quite physical on a few plays during that series and I couldn't believe it was him.

He's been great defensively, and now his offense is heating up too. Great two-way center to have under contract.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Stastny has driven me nuts for a lot of his tenure because when he is engaged and competitive he is a great hockey player. A difference making player. He's one of the few big minute guys where stats play a proportionally smaller percentage in how I evaluate his game. Because I know the points will come for him when he's playing with passion. Yes, he'll always have hockey IQ and win draws and have the detail in his game that make him coach's wet dream but there are many times he leaves you wanting more. It was nice to see it all come together in the latter half of the Dallas series. He has it in him.

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
Stastny thrives with linemates who can play below and around the net down low like Fabbri and Brouwer. It's all about finding the right game for Stastny. He has easily been our most important center during the playoffs.

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
Stastny is a phenomenal player when he's all-in. Always has been. Not that he's not trying, but I think some guys just can't show up to the day-to-day grind with the same level of intensity.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Stastny is a guy that will be as good as the players around him. If they don't show the intensity to get open or find a window, then he can't get them the puck either. If we forecheck with one or are in retreat mode, then he can't play his game. Hard to set up people when your only option is to chip the puck deep or cycle with it. He can pass the puck, play solid two way hockey, and win on the dot. Make no mistake. Great overall talent. I think the Fabbri-Stastny Brouwer line is excellent. Give them a full season and you may have Brouwer having that one fluke goal scoring season that gets him an unwarranted ridiculous contract.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Stastny had an A+ series against Dallas.

Helped shut down Benn, dominated the faceoff circle, and posted 7 points in the 7 games.

Couldn't ask for anything more from him. He is playing like the guy we expected him to be. If he can keep it up against Pavelski and the Sharks, we could be playing in June! Such an exciting time!

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I've been pretty critical of Stastny, and that's mainly because of what I've felt is a lack of offense that he was expected to provide.

But holy cow, is he having some postseason in terms of shutting down the opposition's best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad